You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PSV away (match thread)

Captain

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well impressed by our form on Saturday and yet it seems as if some of our better performers then may not play tomorrow with the 'big guns' (says who?) coming back.

Maybe JAR for Gonzalez may stengthen the team and perhaps somehow a place needs to be found for Finnan (for Arleloa or Pennant?) but otherwise leave well alone I say but then I bet Rafa will make more changes than I propose.

Would like to see Bellamy at some stage (pace) and Dirk (he will love playing against the Dutch) but IMO both should start from the bench.

Not that I am saying that 11 is our best 11 but on present form and for this game that is what I want.

Same as me then - good man.

Didn't notice that, but yeah. As long as Bellamy's fit to play I reckon that will be the side. Aurelio maybe doesn't deserve to be dropped, but this is the kind of game where I'd expect a good performance from Riise in that position. The rest of the side almost picks itself after that.

------------------------Reina-----------------------

Finnan----------Carragher-----Agger----------Arbeloa

Gerrard--------Mascherano----Alonso------------Riise

---------------Bellamy--------Crouch----------------

Would be the side I'd pick.

Kuyt for Bellamy if he's not 100%.

------------------------Reina-----------------------

Finnan----------Carragher-----Agger----------Arbeloa

Gerrard--------Mascherano----Alonso------------Aurelio

---------------Kuyt--------Crouch----------------

It's testament to how quickly Arbeloa has settled that people are putting him in their teams already and actually out of position, his attacing play on Saturday was brilliant at some points. Aurelio's crossing was of highest quality as well so I'd have him in instead of JAR. Dirk up next to Crouch, with Bellamy to come on as sub in second half.

I really dislike being favourites altough i'm confident by hook or crook over the 2 legs we will go through. A friend of mine who is seriously ill with chronic united syndrome was telling me we'll beat psv and chavs will lose to valencia .... And then when we play valencia we won't have a chance of breaking them down ..... He's actually a really nice guy he just talks shite !

Disagree our confidence will be sky high after drilling arse 4-1, it will ponly work in our favour because I think because the team are high on confidence we will take the game to them more instead of sitting back like we did the last time we played them.

I truly reckon we're too confident for this one. I expect a 2-0 defeat. Agger to have a 'mare.

Don't be daft, mate. You're right to suggest we shouldn't be cocky, but they're wobbling as they come off the back of a walloping, have got key players injured and have a poor recent record against us. We, on the other hand, have just spanked one of our main rivals. We will not lose this match. A draw at worst.

I truly reckon we're too confident for this one. I expect a 2-0 defeat. Agger to have a 'mare.

A lot of fans are, players will be highly confident but I dont think they'll get complacement. It makes me laugh though how some basically just dismiss PSV as absolute nobodies though on various forums, they have an incredible home record with quality support behind them and are a good team. Yeah theyve got a few injuries but then again Juve fans were probably pissing themselves when we rolled into town with only a one goal lead and Biscan, Nunez and Alonso's first games in 4 months.

Dont get me wrong, it wouldnt surprise me at all if we ended the tie tonight but equally these are not mugs.

Aye, I'm going to town in a minute, wouldn't mind knowing the team before I leave.

I reckon

Reina

Finnan Agger Carra Aurelio

Gerrard Alonso The chief Riise

Dirk Bellamy

Christo, someone has predicted a rafa team correctly!!

Edit: OOOOOPPPPSSS!!!!