You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stabbings

Section_31

17 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don't want to make it political but these kids are being killed because of reduction in lack of stop and search and a general apathy amongst the wider population. 1 teenager or young man being murdered every 2.5 days and most of them don't even make the news. We need a whole range of imaginative measures such as stop and search, x ray machines at tube stations and my personal big idea, a complete UK wide ban on selling pointed knives. Its very hard to stab someone with a square ended knife. 

Stop and Search up five-fold in the last 5 or so years. Something tells me that it doesn't work.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Its a simple question though. How do you stop the violence ? i think its a combination of :

Increase stop and search,

x ray machines at tube station,

No bail and straight to remand without exception if you are caught  carrying a knife and

a ban on pointed knives being sold.

Do that for 6 months, ignore the public outcry and you will save 50 kids being killed

All of this can be done if the political will exists but it doesnt. 

Sticking plaster that. Until it's addressed why kids as a first resort arm themselves with knives or why they see no issue with taking a life, then a few months of zero tolerance isn't going to work. 

26 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yes that's the report I read. The London murder epidemic is truly shocking, if the victims were any other group other than young mainly black men there would be a national outcry but they're not so there isn't. 

Yeah, I must have dreamt that BLM bollocks and the subsequent criminal damage over a Yank criminal.

13 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think the genie is completely out of the bottle now. Kids in London arm themselves with knives because all the other kids do. It's too late to ask why. Nobody is going to stop this by some well meaning sociological paper presented at a conference. It needs political will that values the lives of young black men. 

Kids in London have carried knives for yonks.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don't want to make it political but these kids are being killed because of reduction in lack of stop and search and a general apathy amongst the wider population. 1 teenager or young man being murdered every 2.5 days and most of them don't even make the news. We need a whole range of imaginative measures such as stop and search, x ray machines at tube stations and my personal big idea, a complete UK wide ban on selling pointed knives. Its very hard to stab someone with a square ended knife. 

A ban on pointed knives? Sounds a bit Brass Eye that, what about screwdrivers and stuff?

I imagine the biggest impact on crime in London has been Tory led austerity and the perpetuating of absolute, endless, despair.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2020 at 13:13, Colonel Kurtz said:

If only there was a way of cutting off a corner to make it pointy! 

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 14:35, Colonel Kurtz said:

No its a genuine policy idea, dreamt up by a London surgeon. You don't really ever use the pointy bit of a kitchen knife and square ended blades are much less lethal. You do far more damage with the pointy end of a big kitchen knife than a screwdriver.

There's no quantifiable evidence to link it with austerity or Tory policies by the way. Other parts of the country with much higher rates of deprivation and lower public spending per head (South Wales, Teesside, Merseyside etc) don't have anywhere near the teenage murder rate. It seems to be a unique London phenomena. 

Banning pointy knives isn't going to stop people wanting to harm someone. Only a few weeks ago in Liverpool they raided some 17 year old lads room in his nans and he had knives, bats, knuckle-dusters and a fucking mace. Also, it will only enhance the black market for more 'deliberate' weapons. Its easy to maim or kill someone these days. As bad as that is to say/realise it is a fact. I can go and buy a hammer and do someone round the head with it in the space of 3 minutes from my office if I wanted. Nobody would know so nobody could stop me doing it. Then you've got the acid attacks... 

On 15/09/2020 at 13:44, Colonel Kurtz said:

Its a simple question though. How do you stop the violence ? i think its a combination of :

Increase stop and search,

x ray machines at tube station,

No bail and straight to remand without exception if you are caught  carrying a knife and

a ban on pointed knives being sold.

Do that for 6 months, ignore the public outcry and you will save 50 kids being killed

All of this can be done if the political will exists but it doesnt. 

No, you provide education, opportunity and hope.

Do this and you’ll be working towards helping the killers and the killed. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He will get a whole life tariff for that. The judge doesn't get much discretion in murder cases and the guidance on multiple killings is whole life. So that's it for him, 23 hours a day banged up in a cell for the rest of his life waitiing to die and for what ?, nobody even knows his name. Fucking idiot. 

Fuck him, the rope is what the vile cunt needs. 

56 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He will get a whole life tariff for that. The judge doesn't get much discretion in murder cases and the guidance on multiple killings is whole life. So that's it for him, 23 hours a day banged up in a cell for the rest of his life waitiing to die and for what ?, nobody even knows his name. Fucking idiot. 

23 virgins and a place in heaven according to the prosecution. 

On 15/09/2020 at 13:13, Colonel Kurtz said:

The bastards would just slash instead.

A slashed throat usually means a dead victim.