You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stanley Victor Collymore

S1 LFC

Guest molbyscorchio
i don't know why, but collymore makes me laugh. he's a loon and doesn't seem to worry about it much. i hope he gets a team and flips out again, that would be funny.

He makes me sad, because he is so fragile. I wish him luck. And if anyone speaks to him, can they ask him for my Haynes manual for the Austin Allegro back please. He borrowed it to kneel on in a car park just off the A3 last month.

Fuck it. I'm doing this too. Anyone want to join my two week fitness regime trip to Gran Canaria?

I'll guarantee you a three year professional contract by the end of the season.

I'm up for that Newport. We'll take the prem by storm. Fuck it, i'll even play for Newcastle if I can be arsed.

On another note, SC: "It might sound big-headed but I still believe that I am the best ". Hilarious.

did anyone else think we'd signed the man who'd bring home number 19 when we signed stan? he could have been so good. i remember when we beat united 2-0 at anfield (robbie got both) and stan ripped bruce and pallister apart.six months later in the white suit debacle he never even tried.unplayable when his head wasnt up his arse.

When people talk about "wasted talent" and "what might have been" Stan is right up there at the top of the list in my opinion. Roy Evans once said that he could be better than Ronaldo and I agree with him.

Pace, power, athleticism, vision, two footed, good passer. He had it all. If you were building a robot with all the qualities needed for the perfect forward then that robot would be very close to Stan Collymore. If only he could have found a good psychologist.

When people talk about "wasted talent" and "what might have been" Stan is right up there at the top of the list in my opinion. Roy Evans once said that he could be better than Ronaldo and I agree with him.

Pace, power, athleticism, vision, two footed, good passer. He had it all. If you were building a robot with all the qualities needed for the perfect forward then that robot would be very close to Stan Collymore. If only he could have found a good psychologist.

Totally agree, some of his performances for us were fantastic. Especially his link up play with Fowler, despite hardly speaking to him off the pitch.

Agree Hermes, probably thee biggest waste of talent and Stan ticked all the power and pace boxes you'd demand of a centre forward. Just a shame he was as mad ass a box of frogs (negated somewhat by alcoholism and depression).

I often wondered if Roy was a bit of a man out of time and many of the players might have responded better to a more modern manager.

I actually think Stan could have a future in professional football. He's only 35, but he's not played for 5 years, so he's only been subjected to the same wear and tear as a 30-year-old footballer. Sometimes when you're out of the game for a while and come back, it's like you get the time you missed out on added to the end of your natural career. Look how Gary Mac's playing career was extended because he had a couple of long injuries and was out of the game for ages.

Good luck to the guy, I hope he's put his demons behind him.

Very true. Collymore had it all and he pissed it away. I still think his partnership with Fowler was brilliant though. It's just a shame it didn't last..

Stronger, fitter and better?

How so? Your 35, not 25 and being the headcase that you are Stanley, you'll make an even bigger prick of yourself...

Guest FrankH
I actually think Stan could have a future in professional football. He's only 35, but he's not played for 5 years, so he's only been subjected to the same wear and tear as a 30-year-old footballer. Sometimes when you're out of the game for a while and come back, it's like you get the time you missed out on added to the end of your natural career. Look how Gary Mac's playing career was extended because he had a couple of long injuries and was out of the game for ages.

Good luck to the guy, I hope he's put his demons behind him.

There's long injuries . . and there's being out of the game for FIVE years . .