You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International Week

Brownie

second that emotion. there has been nothing of interest for days now. its not even as if the england games are against someone decent.

I reckon the spurs game will be much like the boro game, tight for an hour, clean sheet, then go at them. Personally I dont much like that idea cus if we do concede the whole plan is fucked, but thats what i expect.

2-1 win. late Cisse winner.

Yep, time to count the injuries again. Bout time they were made to pay for the use of our players and compensation if they're not returned in full working order.

I reckon that's fair. Why should clubs who pay such huge wages to inernational players, have to suffer all of the time? I know that it's the players' choice to play etc but in some cases players are encouraged (forced?) to participate when not fully fit.

I hope Cisse is ok because he was outstanding the other night and would be very useful for us in that sort of form.

I reckon that's fair. Why should clubs who pay such huge wages to inernational players, have to suffer all of the time? I know that it's the players' choice to play etc but in some cases players are encouraged (forced?) to participate when not fully fit.

I hope Cisse is ok because he was outstanding the other night and would be very useful for us in that sort of form.

Given that England did for Redknapp, and that both Cisse and Gerrard are carrying knocks, I couldnt agree more.

I reckon that's fair. Why should clubs who pay such huge wages to inernational players, have to suffer all of the time?

What annoys me is that Rafa has to look at the big picture whereas Sven doesn't have to worry if he fucks Gerrard because he's a) got a bigger pool of players than us, and b) hasn't another game for ages so will rely on Liverpool to get the player fit again.

In Gerrard's case, imho if a player was unfit for his last club game he shouldn't be released for international duty.

And it's only Wales and Northern Iron :whistle:

What annoys me is that Rafa has to look at the big picture whereas Sven doesn't have to worry if he fucks Gerrard because he's a) got a bigger pool of players than us, and b) hasn't another game for ages so will rely on Liverpool to get the player fit again.

In Gerrard's case, imho if a player was unfit for his last club game he shouldn't be released for international duty.

WRT Gerrard it goes deeper than that though doeant it. Rafa said ' If Gerrard doesnt play inthe Super Cup he wont play for England' the next day Gerrard said 'With all due respect to the super cup its not really important and I want to be fit for the england games'.

So Gerrard in another, contradict my manager statment. His statement also contradicted Rafas 'Its another major trophy and we want to win it for sure' statmenet about he said supercup.

Someone needs to have a word with Ar Man.

Finally, its only Wales, with your signon ! :no

Having to listen to some of the drivel that comes out of the press regarding england is enough to drive anyone with half a brain mad. With all respect to wales and northern ireland its the equivilent of Liverpool playing Barnsley.

I mean sven plays 12 games in 2 years. 1 other team who are half decent another second tier country and the likes of azerbyfuckinyarn. Come up against anyone half decent and we get played off the park.

I thought Ferguson's take on the England situation was probably the best, to be honest. He had them lining up the pretty much the way the Mancs do:

...........Robinson

Neville Terry Ferdinand Cole

............Beckham

........Gerrard Lampard

Wright-Phillips Rooney

...............Owen

So Owen wouldn't be a target man as such as he'd be supported by as many as three midfielders at any one time.

The only decent alternative would be 4-4-2 with Cole on the left, or maybe Rooney with a decent support striker (maybe Crouch) taking his place up front.

I thought Ferguson's take on the England situation was probably the best, to be honest. He had them lining up the pretty much the way the Mancs do:

...........Robinson

Neville Terry Ferdinand Cole

............Beckham

........Gerrard Lampard

Wright-Phillips Rooney

...............Owen

So Owen wouldn't be a target man as such as he'd be supported by as many as three midfielders at any one time.

The only decent alternative would be 4-4-2 with Cole on the left, or maybe Rooney with a decent support striker (maybe Crouch) taking his place up front.

But you cant really play beckham in that role in a proper game. Can you imagine the Brazilians or even the Germans against him ? He'd be lost.

I htink Svens biggest problem is that he pays the best players, and accomodates em. THis leads to confusion. Fwank and Gerrard may be awesome players, but they play similar roles. And neither is really a holding player, yet he seems to have them all rotating. They need a ball winning, holding player to compete. I dont know who, but they need a dedicated player who is disciplined enough to do it, Gerrard cant, and would be wasted anyway !

Could not agree with that anymore if I tried to. Spot on.

But you cant really play beckham in that role in a proper game. Can you imagine the Brazilians or even the Germans against him ? He'd be lost.

I htink Svens biggest problem is that he pays the best players, and accomodates em. THis leads to confusion. Fwank and Gerrard may be awesome players, but they play similar roles. And neither is really a holding player, yet he seems to have them all rotating. They need a ball winning, holding player to compete. I dont know who, but they need a dedicated player who is disciplined enough to do it, Gerrard cant, and would be wasted anyway !

I suppose the idea would be to put the emphasis on offense and hope that the defense holds together. The only way to beat the Brazilians is to score more goals than them anyway, so you might as well just go for it. Gerrard could offer the cover and protection if need be. I agree that there is a problem for England insofar as the best players aren't necessarily making the best team, but Sven doesn't seem to have the balls to make the big decisions so it's just a case of finding the best system for the personnel.

from Marca -

IT DWELLED COULD HAVE A BREAKAGE FIBRILAR

Morientes is injured and Fernando Towers will be holder before Serb

Miguel Angel Diaz/Madrid

The Spanish selector, Aragonese Luis, will have to make a change in the eleven title that he faces Serbia and Montenegro in the decisive party of classification for the World-wide one of Germany 2006. Fernando Morientes has in the last injured training before the shock. The forward of the Liverpool had to leave the test directed by Aragonese Luis by annoyances in the left thigh and everything indicates that it suffers a breakage to fibrilar. Fernando Towers would be the spare part of the ex- madridista in the end of attack of Spain.