You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Gotta love the way @Strontium hangs around here, peeking out just long enough to rep a post hinting that there might have been a reason to attack a murdered journalist's funeral.

I didn't hint at anything other than there is usually a reason behind people's actions. They don't usually attack the funerals as far as I know, and this one in particular would have been very politically sensitive. I've seen the footage and asked a question, because neither of the two newspaper articles I skimmed through offered any and assumed people who follow the situation more closely would know the background.

Since they were carrying a coffin, I presumed she wasn't a Muslim and they were going towards a graveyard in east Jerusalem which may be some disputed / restricted area.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I didn't hint at anything other than there is usually a reason behind people's actions. They don't usually attack the funerals as far as I know, and this one in particular would have been very politically sensitive. I've seen the footage and asked a question, because neither of the two newspaper articles I skimmed through offered any and assumed people who follow the situation more closely would know the background.

Since they were carrying a coffin, I presumed she wasn't a Muslim and they were going towards a graveyard in east Jerusalem which may be some disputed / restricted area.

Surely the question you should be asking is why did they shoot her in the first place? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Surely the question you should be asking is why did they shoot her in the first place? 

Why should I be asking this? Journalists get shot occasionally in conflict zones. About a dozen already died in Ukraine, as far as I know. On the other hand, no funerals have seen heavy police presence and batons being wielded around the pallbearers

Was she deliberately targeted? 

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Why should I be asking this? Journalists get shot occasionally in conflict zones. About a dozen already died in Ukraine, as far as I know. On the other hand, no funerals have seen heavy police presence and batons being wielded around the pallbearers

Was she deliberately targeted? 

She spent her career reporting the truth about Israel’s actions in Gaza. My suspicions are that she’s been targeted and that the perfect snipers head shot was intentional. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Why won’t they hand over the bullet? Seems like a slam dunk if it’s an Israeli bullet. 

Why the fuck should they? Maybe they want to investigate it themselves and don’t want evidence being tampered with or destroyed? Who the fuck made Israel the police of their own crimes? 

Dear victim, 

We await your comments on why you won’t hand over a vital piece of evidence to the suspected perpetrators of a heinous crime who have historically been found to partake in cover ups and actively worked towards delaying enquiries into other violent deaths at their hands. 

Whilst we understand that past events raise concerns that an enquiry into the matter at hand would be better if carried out by an independent third party, we can assure you that we’ll do it properly and quickly this time. Honest. Honest, honest. Just ignore all the previous bad experiences. We’ve changed. Pinky promise. 

Lots of love, 

Israel. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Why the fuck should they? Maybe they want to investigate it themselves and don’t want evidence being tampered with or destroyed? Who the fuck made Israel the police of their own crimes? 

Just seems like it’d remove any ambiguity and kill the story it could have been a Palestinian who shot her.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Just seems like it’d remove any ambiguity and kill the story it could have been a Palestinian who shot her.  

Why would they give it to Israel? “Oh yep that’s definitely one of ours sorry about that” come on mate 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She spent her career reporting the truth about Israel’s actions in Gaza. My suspicions are that she’s been targeted and that the perfect snipers head shot was intentional. 

Isn't that a bit dramatic? It is usually said that it is the most comprehensively covered conflict zone in the world. It's not like now, no one would know about Israel actions. They are saying she's been covering it since 1997.

Just now, SasaS said:

Isn't that a bit dramatic? It is usually said that it is the most comprehensively covered conflict zone in the world. It's not like now, no one would know about Israel actions. They are saying she's been covering it since 1997.

Yeah I think just the 13 journalists before her killed in that time. It’s all over the western media by the way. 
…………. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Why would they give it to Israel? “Oh yep that’s definitely one of ours sorry about that” come on mate 

I get why they might not hand it over, poor choice of words from me.  But why haven’t they said what bullet it was? I heard on the radio this afternoon the Palestinian investigation was inconclusive.  Looks like the ICC will be investigating.   

• Upvote 1

Yeah I think just the 13 journalists before her killed in that time. It’s all over the western media by the way. 
…………. 

Nah, you’re being dramatic. 

It’s not as if Israel blew up a massive building  in Gaza City that houses loads of journalists. 

Oh, hang on…

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I get why they might not hand it over, poor choice of words from me.  But why haven’t they said what bullet it was? I heard on the radio this afternoon the Palestinian investigation was inconclusive.  Looks like the ICC will be investigating.   

Soft point projectile that almost disintegrates on impact I suspect. They are quite clever. 

Who knows. It’s just another dead body at the hands of a bunch of absolute bastards.  

What are you questioning ????? Google it instead of asking loaded questions like usual. 

I don't understand what you meant by what you said.

Also, google what? A journalist has been killed, Israelis are being accused of killing her, Israeli police acted very aggressively at her funeral, which is politically stupid, I asked if people knew what was the background of such actions. What is loaded in that? It's a political issue not a religious dogma.

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

I don't understand what you meant by what you said.

Also, google what? A journalist has been killed, Israelis are being accused of killing her, Israeli police acted very aggressively at her funeral, which is politically stupid, I asked if people knew what was the background of such actions. What is loaded in that? It's a political issue not a religious dogma.

You don’t know the background of the Israeli/Palestine conflict? Come on. You’re a smart lad. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You don’t know the background of the Israeli/Palestine conflict? Come on. You’re a smart lad. 

The background of the police acting aggressively at an already politically sensitive funeral.