You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Why would you guess ‘false flag’? Seems to be quite a strange conclusion to jump to. 

The timing of it. No rockets had hit Tel Aviv since 2014, yet we saw two rocket attacks recently that caused Israel to hit Gaza with around 100 strikes, and now it's happened again. We're supposed to believe Hamas would launch rockets knowing that bombing Gaza could help Netanyahu's election chances? I think it's total bullshit. Hamas would have to be unbelievably stupid to choose now as a good time to do this.

I'm not saying any time is a good time to launch rockets either. I get that launching rockets is to many of us a stupid idea, but we're not spending our lives living under apartheid like conditions in an open air prison and getting picked off by a fascist government like they are doing so I guess we don't really share the same outlook. Even with that said though, I still don't think they'd be this stupid.

How hard would it be for the Israeli gov to have someone launch a few rockets from inside Gaza to start off a bombing campaign? Probably not that hard, so with the added timing of this I'd not be surprised at all if that's what's happened.

26 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hamas would have to be unbelievably stupid

Ah. Yes. That's a real thing. 

30 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Probably not that hard, so with the added timing of this I'd not be surprised at all if that's what's happened.

It probably wasn't that hard for it to be a lot of things, mate. It'd be terribly flawed logic to attribute it to those things, though. For those extraordinary claims there would have to be at least a fart in the wind as a sniff of evidence for me to even consider it. 

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

NV, meet Red Phoenix.

If you think that Israel bombing a load of Muslims to send a load of right wingers into a frenzy just before an election is a coincidence, that's your own view and fair enough. 5 years since rockets last hit Tel Aviv and they just happen to start up again now. I'm just gonna think otherwise. I'd guess there's some journos that might share the same ideas, but of course they'd just get piled on so best to keep quiet and stay in their boxes.

All you have to do to see how fucked up we are as a species is look at the state of Gaza, it's fucking unbelievable that this has gone on year after year yet the world's "leaders" have managed to do fuck all about it. It's truly sick.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Ah. Yes. That's a real thing. 

It probably wasn't that hard for it to be a lot of things, mate. It'd be terribly flawed logic to attribute it to those things, though. For those extraordinary claims there would have to be at least a fart in the wind as a sniff of evidence for me to even consider it. 

I wasn't expecting anyone to agree with me, just saying what I thought.

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The situation is surely a long, long way beyond any need for false flags?

Sorry not sure what you mean. You're saying they wouldn't need to do it, just bomb Gaza anyway or wait for a normal rocket attack and then bomb?

I'm not saying this isn't a normal rocket attack, just that I don't think it is personally.

19 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I wasn't expecting anyone to agree with me, just saying what I thought.

That's fair enough, mate. I was just replying with my own view on it. It's hard to put stuff like that on them, and it's not like there's not enough legit verifiable stuff to keep people occupied. 

44 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's fair enough, mate. I was just replying with my own view on it. It's hard to put stuff like that on them, and it's not like there's not enough legit verifiable stuff to keep people occupied. 

I get that maybe it's just me going over the top. When Gaza starts getting attacked or when it's about to be attacked I often flip out a bit. Knowing that the place is about to have bombs raining down on it but there's fuck all that can be done makes me feel ill.

I reckon the rocket likely was launched from Gaza by Hamas or one of the Islamist groups based there. 

But, on RP, he's not the only person to be cynical. Let's not forget that social media is full of apartheid appeasers and advocates who play down the Israeli shooting slaughters and instantly label any video footage as professionally produced propaganda, rather than actual real time footage. 

One thing is certain. If there is a response, it'll likely be disproportionate and will likely involve even more unpunished war crimes. 

Operation Get Bibi Elected. 

23 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I reckon the rocket likely was launched from Gaza by Hamas or one of the Islamist groups based there. 

But, on RP, he's not the only person to be cynical. Let's not forget that social media is full of apartheid appeasers and advocates who play down the Israeli shooting slaughters and instantly label any video footage as professionally produced propaganda, rather than actual real time footage. 

One thing is certain. If there is a response, it'll likely be disproportionate and will likely involve even more unpunished war crimes. 

Almost as if Hamas or one of the Islamist groups think it's a good thing.

26 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I don't see the connection between the two things.

51 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Mad that 6 people getting injured is getting more news attention than the Palestinian protesters murdered over the past few weeks.

In much the same way you've been silent about Hamas murdering Palestinian protesters over this last week.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

In much the same way you've been silent about Hamas murdering Palestinian protesters over this last week.

No, not in the same way because the news reporting media have a different obligation to report the news than a poster on a fucking football forum.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, not in the same way because the news reporting media have a different obligation to report the news than a poster on a fucking football forum.

Someone with an agenda is someone with an agenda, whoever they are.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Are you suggesting that his agenda is pro-Hamas and anti-Palestinian protester? You're a strange one, Stronts. Agenda is right. 

I can only guess at what his agenda is. But if he's going to ignore Palestinian protesters being killed by Hamas and only mention Palestinian protesters killed by Israel, then neutral observers are entitled to draw their own conclusions.

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

I can only guess at what his agenda is. But if he's going to ignore Palestinian protesters being killed by Hamas and only mention Palestinian protesters killed by Israel, then neutral observers are entitled to draw their own conclusions.

You are not, by any stretch of the imagination, a neutral observer. Judging by the obtuse slight of hand you just tried by likening his mentioning of something he possibly knew little about, probably wouldn't have had supported, and probably would have mentioned relentlessly if he did, with that of those paid to report the news, you're about as neutral he is. Which isn't much.