You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stevie G to leave for £50m

JER

If someone offered £50million I dont think we could refuse it, but this smacks of SFX doing all they can to make some cash for themselves regardless of what is in the best interests of their client.

I think Rafa would rather have the money than another season of speculation. What did Gerrard expect to be asked after the final, when he has ducked the question all season. 'Shit, or get off the pot' is the phrase that comes to mind.

The Sunday Mirror is a shite paper with crap reporters. Simon Mullock who wrote this piece is a Manc and the other nobhead who reports on us in there is Anthony Clavane, a bitter who used to write for The Post. I'd trust the words of Bascombe over these fools any day, and Chris was reporting that Gerrard is to sign a contract extension during the summer.

Slow news day obviously. Fancy the Manc trying to stir it up.

Wonder which part of "How can I leave after this?" they can't understand.

Mind you it is SFX we are talking about here, an organisation with the morals and principles of an alley cat. Wouldn't surprise me, as Steve H says, they are working behind Stevie's back to get their payday - the horrible, f*cking cunts.

Anyone want to join he in defacating through their letterbox?

its very simple he will either sign a long term contract or be sold, Rafa wont allow SG rumours to effect another season.

Sounds right to me, it got the whole team down and distracted us from our targets. I want Stevie to stay, but whatever happens its win-win for us as either we will get rich and be able to buy a new squad or we get to keep a world class captain.

Just don't sell him to chelsea, ok?

I read the article, there is no real evidence that he's going anywhere, but I don't really trust the integrity of SFX either.

This does need sorting one way or another though, quickly cos I can't take another will he/won't he scenario

Guest Simon-1973
Where to this time? the Harlem Globetrotters... This smacks of lazy journalism.

Agreed, i cant see Stevie leave now.

These Sunday Papers are full of crap :yes:

Bascombe's not exactly reassuring in the Echo today.

I'm starting to worry a bit....

Didn't really tell us anything we don't know already though did he? + he says that its probably been no talks due to various circumstances so I'm not worrying just yet.

Have to say though, I find the thought of us having a £60 million kitty pretty reassuring myself!

considering all that's happened, I'd quite like it in an evil way if gerrard finally decides to commit himself to us for another couple of years, at which point we accept a £50m bid from real & say thanks for the memories but we need to be thinking about winning trophies. I think we could win lot of trophies with a squad augmented by £80m+ this summer.

parry was supposed to be in barbados last summer when he was getting rafa on board so hopefully he is up to something again.

ive said it before and ill say it again i would love him to stay but if he goes he goes,60m for rafa would surely bring us up to scratch to challenge.

I just think its a bit quiet thats all. You'd have thought they would get it sorted now so they can be certain who their transfer targets will be?

I just want it sorted asap because its dragged on for too long already.

Here's hoping.