You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just what you wanna hear from your skipper...

Chris

"Frankly it is lot easier to get yourself up for a game against Manchester United than, with all respect, against Watford. But we cannot get away with another performance like that one."

You should be up for every game, you're the captain, you egotistical cunt.

• Upvote 1

Wrong. Mourinho when asked if Scott Parker would be selected for the Charlton game almost laughed the journo out the room. Something along the lines of "Every one of my players should be fully motivated for every game we have".

Not getting up for a small team is unnaceptable, you don't get paid any less that week mate.

"Frankly it is lot easier to get yourself up for a game against Manchester United than, with all respect, against Watford. But we cannot get away with another performance like that one."

You must either run around on speed everyday up for everything or have a very mundane approach to life. Everyday is the same?

As a fan tell me your not more up for Saturday then the Carling cup vs Watford.

Those who feel it, should stop veiling feelings behind bollox arguments and just scream 'I think Steven Gerrard is a cunt' on here once a day.

Hey Dave U why not just add another forum then we can lose this stupid vitriol.

:no

Amen.

Just fuck off andse leave £40million on the step.

Wrong. Mourinho when asked if Scott Parker would be selected for the Charlton game almost laughed the journo out the room. Something along the lines of "Every one of my players should be fully motivated for every game we have".

You missed my point Stu. I'm not saying they SHOULDN'T be up for every game, I'm saying that's not how life is. Are you equally up for Watford in the cc as you are for the mancs tomorrow? I know I'm not.

I should of course be equally up for it every time I shag the missus, but I'm not. Are you?

Not getting up for a small team is unnaceptable, you don't get paid any less that week mate.

Pay doesn't come into it, I'm afraid.

Life, my fellow Red friend, is a rollercoaster because we are not machines.

You must either run around on speed everyday up for everything or have a very mundane approach to life. Everyday is the same?

As a fan tell me your not more up for Saturday then the Carling cup vs Watford.

Those who feel it, should stop veiling feelings behind bollox arguments and just scream 'I think Steven Gerrard is a cunt' on here once a day.

Hey Dave U why not just add another forum then we can lose this stupid vitriol.

:no

I don't need to hide it behind bollox arguments because i've well and trully run my flag up and told everyone what i think of him.

He's a fucking proffessional and our skipper, he should be up for every game, it's fucking basics that even I apply to my football. If I'm coming back from injury and have to play for the seconds i'll usually be skipper and I fucking run my balls off just like I would for the firsts, And I don't get paid for that shit!

You missed my point Stu. I'm not saying they SHOULDN'T be up for every game, I'm saying that's not how life is. Are you equally up for Watford in the cc as you are for the mancs tomorrow? I know I'm not.

I should of course be equally up for it every time I shag the missus, but I'm not. Are you?

Pay doesn't come into it, I'm afraid.

Life, my fellow Red friend, is a rollercoaster because we are not machines.

Pay does come into it. I'm not up for it isn't good enough.

And i'm very rarely up for it anymore when I shag your missus but if she keeps calling i'll keep coming round ;)

This is just getting pathetic. Every word comming out of Gerrards mouth beeing analysed and used against him for what it's worth. Get over it already.

And let the fan who is equally geared up for every game cast the first stone. (And at the same time reveal himself as a liar).

I did see that one coming. You just watch out for Igor.

But you didn'y answer my question about you being up for it as a fan.

It's not the same Cap as fans we are naturally up for big games. I can even accept Gerrard saying he gets up "a bit more" for utd but the suggestion is that they weren't up for the Watford game, it's just a shocking attitude.

If he wants to win trophies then maybe he should adopt the mantra of Rafa, the biggest game of the year is the next one. You get your £50k a week arse up for it mate, it's what being the best is all about.

Funny you should say about Igor, it was actually a bit awkward last week, we both turned up at your place at the same time. I'll let you fill in the picture of how we solved it.

Without Gerrard we would have been relegation fodder last season - he leads by example. The ones who don't keep up should be sacked. Funny he is always attacked, I wonder how much shouting Hansen did?

People need to get a life and enjoy what we have, besides we could always drop him and play Salif Diao or super hero Biscan instead alongside the snail that Didi Hamann.

Without Gerrard we would have been relegation fodder last season - he leads by example. The ones who don't keep up should be sacked. Funny he is always attacked, I wonder how much shouting Hansen did?

People need to get a life and enjoy what we have, besides we could always drop him and play Salif Diao or super hero Biscan instead alongside the snail that Didi Hamann.

Fuck off Rashid, he can do no wrong apparently.

Is that a winners attitude that should be an example to the squad "can't be bothered for Watford".

If you weren't blindly backing everything he did people would take you seriously.

Kop - That quote translates as "It's hard to get up for watford" Pathetic!!

Read the last sentence. The comment was just an assesment of the two games this week. Mourinho's side played shite in Portsmouth, but were well up for Arsenal earlier in the year>? Jose won't have his side 'well up' for it in his OT return, he'll treat it like a trip to the Hawthorns? Eskimo pies, and you all know it. It's the humanity of the game, and there is a hormone called adreline.

As well, wasn't Gerrard MOM if not for a last minute tackle by Djimi, according to the match report? I bet the Kop will be well up Saturday. Perhaps questions should be asked of Hamann and the rest who, apparently, strolled throught the game. Didi has two levels to his game- the A game he brings to Euro and big game matches, and his B game.

He scored the goal, and put in the effort. The vilifiying (sp) is getting tiresome. We all know where most of us stand on this issue. My take- keep putting the ball in the net, giving 100% and winning matches and I've got no problem, because in the summer he either commits, or we get 30M. We all know the spritual leader is 23, and as a great Red, putting himself above the team, he probably doesn't care that he should have the armband.

Fuck off Rashid, he can do no wrong apparently.

Is that a winners attitude that should be an example to the squad "can't be bothered for Watford".

If you weren't blindly backing everything he did people would take you seriously.

Kop - That quote translates as "It's hard to get up for watford" Pathetic!!

He scored the winner and was our best player. If anyone gave a fuck it was him so fuck off yourself.

He can do no right more like... short fucking memories....

I bet Gerrard wasn't the only player thinking this though. The lad seems to have a big problem keeping his big fat gob shut. As captain he has a duty to keep morale in the camp high. But some of the comments really haven't helped.

He's come out publicly and basically said he thinks his team-mates are shite and that he's 10 times better than they are. I wouldn't disagree with that, but he shouldn't come out and say it. And he shouldn't have said this either, not only is it disrespectful to Watford, but its not fair on his team-mates.

I bet Welsh, Potter, Smyth, Raven and co feel even more gutted they weren't picked on Tuesday now having heard the club captain say this. What they'd give for the chance to play against lowly Watford in the mickey mouse cup eh? You might be too good for it Stevie (You big headed cunt) but I can guarantee that there are plenty who'd have loved the chance to play.

Or we could have left Gerrard, Hamann and the rest out and played the lads who'd got us that far in the first place. Lads who would not have had any problem getting 'up' for the game I might add.

Even if they'd drawn, or suffered a narrow defeat (no-one will convince me that a team that beat Boro and held Spurs over 120 minutes away from home would have got battered by Watford), we'd still have had the option of fielding the big guns for the second leg.

Gerrard's comments were disappointing, and people have a right to say so.

To balance it up a bit though, I read comments from him this morning in the post which were a lot more encouraging. Can't be arsed looking for them online and copying and pasting, but I'm sure they'll be on the icliverpool site if anyone wants to have a look.

Right lets get this right from the start. I am not part of a witch hunt here and am not slating the bloke for anything other than that one line which I would be unhappy with if it had come from anyone, Carra, Rafa, anyone.

He said: "Frankly it is lot easier to get yourself up for a game against Manchester United than, with all respect, against Watford. But we cannot get away with another performance like that one."

How can anyone not see that this is saying it is some kind of effort to get yourself up for Watford. It should have said "we should be up for every game but man utd is a bit special, everyone wants it a bit more".

Rash. Will you read what i'm saying mate. Gerrard's performances are not the problem, he is almost always up for it and one of our best players. His words though have to have the influence on the side that is neccesary and inferring that it is a challenge to get up for a league cup semi-final is not good. Surely you can accept that?

He is always banging on about wanting to win trophies blah blah blah the Watford game is giving him the opportunity to lead us out in a Cup Final against one of our few most hated teams. Surely that is all the motivation he needs. He has this attitude that certain things are beneath him the selfish prick.

SG is a cunt. Fact. Sell him in the summer. And see if he gives us the same respect as a real legend like Robbie does when he comes back to Anfield? The cunt will probably fist whichever one of his bumchums scores for Chelsea next season.

Sell him and buy Keane! Then buy Duff with left overs!! Sell Kewell and get Reid in too..... fucking ace.