You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

51 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Ten years ago I didn't think there'd ever be a mob storming Congress, that the Russians would unleash chemical weapons on British soil, that Hong Kong's two systems form of government would be so brutally and swiftly shut down or that the French would be threatening to shut off the power to Jersey. 

Geopolitical shit happens, like, quite a lot. 

Fucking hell you had a mob of left wing/Democrat cunts “storming” it not long before that so fuck knows how or why you thought something that had already happened recently wouldn’t happen again.  All that despite the Jan 6th lot having the doors opened for them by the police.

Russia or China invading Britain yeah good luck with that.

i agree with you in pushing NATO closer together though and more countries to sign up.  NATO have just said they’re increasing troops in the area. It’s far from having NATO’s pants down and has made Putin look a right cunt.

24 minutes ago, M_B said:

But why? Why shouldn't the nations in Eastern Europe be part of a European alliance?

Why should their be this so called "alliance"? Why ? To stop some think cunt worried about reds under the bed?

Come on..forgive me for wanting to leave alone these nice eastern europen countries. Unless of course you really care about human rights, then we may hit a few problems.

Just now, Strontium said:

This obsession with NATO membership is weird.

Be like me smashing up my neighbour's house because he decided to join the National Trust or something.

Its not really like that at all, i worked for the National Trust the National Trust does not put a military force on your front lawn with guns pointing at the next doors windows, unless of course they've changed in recent years, which would improve them from the time I was there, bunch of cunts.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why should their be this so called "alliance"? Why ? To stop some think cunt worried about reds under the bed?

Why not? The Russians have a history of invading Eastern Europe. It makes sense for them to be part of an alliance, because they can't stand up to Russia alone.

Russia aren't afraid of being invaded by NATO. They are afraid of losing their influence in Eastern Europe and their designs on Ukrainian territory being put under threat.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Its not really like that at all, i worked for the National Trust the National Trust does not put a military force on your front lawn with guns pointing at the next doors windows, unless of course they've changed in recent years, which would improve them from the time I was there, bunch of cunts.

The countries of Eastern Europe are allowed to have their own armies. They're independent sovereign states.

To expand upon the neighbour analogy: my neighbour is allowed to have burglar alarms, guard dogs etc. Those things will only be an issue for me if I'm intending to rob his house.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Why not? The Russians have a history of invading Eastern Europe. It makes sense for them to be part of an alliance, because they can't stand up to Russia alone.

Russia aren't afraid of being invaded by NATO

You sure about that? Really? Nato have taken a Poland and other countries in the old Soviet Union so why should someone living in say Moscow (not far from Keiv) be less afraid of Nato than someone on Merseyside being frightened by Russia?

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

They are afraid of losing their influence in Eastern Europe and their designs on Ukrainian territory being put under threat.

Then why does the west want a "design" on this country?  I wonder, goodness of our heart.

You are the one that said people in Merseyside shouldn't fear Russia. Are you now saying they should?

53 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Then why does the west want a "design" on this country?  I wonder, goodness of our heart.

Cause the bigger the alliance, the stronger it is. Why do you think it is?

1 hour ago, M_B said:

You aren't making much sense Gnasher.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

You sure about that? Really? Nato have taken a Poland and other countries in the old Soviet Union so why should someone living in say Moscow (not far from Keiv) be less afraid of Nato than someone on Merseyside being frightened by Russia?

I don't think it's difficult really. NATO is a tool of greedy psychopathic western elites intent on dominating as much of the world as possible, the percentage of GDP spent on defence requirement for each NATO member is a massive grift for defence corps and the "rules based international order" is everyone that bows down to the US. This that don't aren't following "the rules."

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

We could of course leave eastern europe well alone.

Or would that make some feel more 'unsafe' in the west?

But Eastern Europe has chosen, in the most part, to become members of the EU and some of them NATO. We can’t just leave them alone. That would certainly make them feel less safe. 

43 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't think it's difficult really. NATO is a tool of greedy psychopathic western elites intent on dominating as much of the world as possible, the percentage of GDP spent on defence requirement for each NATO member is a massive grift for defence corps and the "rules based international order" is everyone that bows down to the US. This that don't aren't following "the rules."

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611863efc60286ec041b9