You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

No because state issued bank notes or currency are legal tender (hence why it's illegal to print your own money). We can exchange money for foreign currencies because the central banks allow it.

It may just be another way of spending money on the web but it will not ever replace state issued bank notes.

Thanks.

But how many transactions are made on the web? Surely it’s the future?

(I’ve made my bitcoin losses back in the other 2 I bought, please cancel the Just Giving Page).

Thanks.

But how many transactions are made on the web? Surely it’s the future?

(I’ve made my bitcoin losses back in the other 2 I bought, please cancel the Just Giving Page).

Yes but you can use a debit card or a credit card or PayPal.

So the future is already here and as I have already pointed out neither of the above costs 18 quid when the actual cost is 11 quid.

So the future is already here and as I have already pointed out neither of the above costs 18 quid when the actual cost is 11 quid.

Again, I’m a novice so not looking for a row but surely the merchant acquiring fees are already priced into your banking fees and the price of the goods.

Again, I’m a novice so not looking for a row but surely the merchant acquiring fees are already priced into your banking fees and the price of the goods.

And you think that those aren't going to exist with Bitcoin and they aren't anyway near the 7 quid it would have cost me!

I've already explained why it was £18... it's not yet stable, but it will be. I've also explained why the finite amount of coins is a positive for individuals.

And you think that those aren't going to exist with Bitcoin and they aren't anyway near the 7 quid it would have cost me!

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Using blockchain and other new methods are more cost effective, everybody accepts that.

I've already explained why it was £18... it's not yet stable, but it will be. I've also explained why the finite amount of coins is a positive for individuals.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Using blockchain and other new methods are more cost effective, everybody accepts that.

No I am not and sorry if I am coming across that way I am just trying to understand/ get my head around the Bitcoin phenomena.

They are marginal in bitcoin cash aren’t they?

Haven't got a clue but as i explained if I had bought a product for 11 quid the fees for debut card payment would have been about a quid but for bit coin it would have cost me 18quid plus the quid transaction fee for the debit card company.

Decided asking for more than 35% growth was being greedy and that it might drop while I was driving home, so converted to £ and took my £125 profit for another day.

Pleased to see it's a little lower now than I sold for and hasn't been any higher than my sell price since then.

Anyone else heard of this thing called CryptoKitties? It's basically a game where you collect and trade these cartoon cats. So they're all unique, with different colours, eyes, ears, stripes, dots, etc... and they all have an inherent worth that people who play the game give them based around Ethereum.

Anyways, you can buy, sell and "breed" the cats you already have to make new cats. Basically, you can build a collection of cats who all have a certain monetary worth. Very interesting stuff and these blockchain games based around cryptocurrency seem like they would have a lot of potential. 

Anyone else heard of this thing called CryptoKitties? It's basically a game where you collect and trade these cartoon cats. So they're all unique, with different colours, eyes, ears, stripes, dots, etc... and they all have an inherent worth that people who play the game give them based around Ethereum.

Anyways, you can buy, sell and "breed" the cats you already have to make new cats. Basically, you can build a collection of cats who all have a certain monetary worth. Very interesting stuff and these blockchain games based around cryptocurrency seem like they would have a lot of potential.

Tamaguchi virtual pets all over again? Or even Pokemon for currency?

The nerds are taking over.

Decided asking for more than 35% growth was being greedy and that it might drop while I was driving home, so converted to £ and took my £125 profit for another day.

Pleased to see it's a little lower now than I sold for and hasn't been any higher than my sell price since then.

I'm about 500$ up overnight. Trying hard to hold now, not t shuffle my pack or put any more money in.

I was talking to a lad I know yesterday. He's putting £200 per week in at the moment. He's currently invested about £7500 and has a portfolio worth £27,000. He's throwing every last penny he can into it. He's not had a beer for weeks or anything. He reckons by the end of 2018 he'll have cleared his mortgage and be pretty comfortable.

I'm about 500$ up overnight. Trying hard to hold now, not t shuffle my pack or put any more money in.

I was talking to a lad I know yesterday. He's putting £200 per week in at the moment. He's currently invested about £7500 and has a portfolio worth £27,000. He's throwing every last penny he can into it. He's not had a beer for weeks or anything. He reckons by the end of 2018 he'll have cleared his mortgage and be pretty comfortable.

I've just woke up to see Litecoin up 70% and cursed st myself.

When I first started seeing my money just go up steadilybeach day by 10-20 quid my plan was a couple of hundred every pay day, but the wild volatility worries me.

I can strictly afford to lose it, but st the same time losing £500 odd quid will sting.

I've just woke up to see Litecoin up 70% and cursed st myself.

When I first started seeing my money just go up steadilybeach day by 10-20 quid my plan was a couple of hundred every pay day, but the wild volatility worries me.

I can strictly afford to lose it, but st the same time losing £500 odd quid will sting.

Well you're 3120 up now... ekk another £380 out and then you're just paying with your winnings.

Get your bitcoin into Wankcoin, pronto. It's going to start out a little flaccid, but once people put their hands in their pockets it'll quickly stiffen up. Keep working it hard and eventually it'll erupt and the rewards will bring you joy and satisfaction.

• Upvote 2

Well you're 3120 up now... ekk another £380 out and then you're just paying with your winnings.

I've got £605 in Coinbase plus $120 in bitfinex, from £475 investment. So handily in the black but want to get back into something else and am waiting uncertain of what to do.

"How much is the Capital Gains Tax going to be?"

Gets some interesting reactions. Some shit themselves, others just go full-tory about their free money.

edit: most of the above will be covered by Capital Gains Tax allowances btw. Mr £27k might need to account for it though.

I've got £605 in Coinbase plus $120 in bitfinex, from £475 investment. So handily in the black but want to get back into something else and am waiting uncertain of what to do.

I'd have a look at XRP, Stellar Lumens and IOTA... they're all cheap per coin, so you don't need a huge investment. Just buy and hold. There's others like NEO, but I don't know much about them.