You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Yes for the good of the wider population. I think if there was another Labour vote right now he wouldn't even win that such has been his pathetic opposition to the Tories/Brexit.

And I'm not suggesting handing the Labour party over to the right, that's not part of the deal. Just step down and see what /who emerges.

You are suggesting handing over the party to the right because no left candidate would get on the slate under the current voting system.

How about stop being negative, get off your arse, and try arguing in favour of Labour policies. Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

Nah, more likely Labour gets thrashed, Corbyn resigns, then the Labour infighting carries on giving the Tories carte blanche for another decade.

Exactly, the cunt is a goner anyway, his Labour party will be destroyed at this GE,

I believe it will be the most humiliating defeat in their history. So do it now, just go, on more favourable terms. He's fucking thick /deluded/as selfish as the rest of them.

And I can't stress how wrong I hope I am.

• Upvote 1

You are suggesting handing over the party to the right because no left candidate would get on the slate under the current voting system.

How about stop being negative, get off your arse, and try arguing in favour of Labour policies. Just a thought.

Oh do fuck off, you have no idea what I may or may not do in my own time. Doesn't change the fact Corbyn is a disaster.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Exactly, the cunt is a goner anyway, his Labour party will be destroyed at this GE,

I believe it will be the most humiliating defeat in their history. So do it now, just go, on more favourable terms. He's fucking thick /deluded/as selfish as the rest of them.

As Ive said before, it doesnt matter who the Leader is if the factions continue to be disunited and pull in different directions.

It is imperative everyone gets behind corbyn now whether they like him or not. The Tories currently have a 21 point lead which would equate to a majority of over 100 seats over all the other parties. Yes, polls can be wrong and change during the Hustings but they wont swing in our favour if the electorate sees a continually divided party.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Corbyn is only seen as a disaster because the labour Party has a huge amount of tory-lite melts in it. 

If the UK/especially England had a third party which was more central/centre right then labour wouldn't even get a look in. 

As Ive said before, it doesnt matter who the Leader is if the factions continue to be disunited and pull in different directions.

It is imperative everyone gets behind corbyn now whether they like him or not. The Tories currently have a 21 point lead which would equate to a majority of over 100 seats over all the other parties. Yes, polls can be wrong and change during the Hustings but they wont swing in our favour if the electorate sees a continually divided party.

Even if they unite for six weeks it won't make any difference, they've been a mess since the last GE and people won't forget that, the press won't let them.

Corbyn just needs to fuck off and give someone else a chance to actually oppose the Tories because, irrespective of the reasons, he has failed.

• Downvote 1

Even if they unite for six weeks it won't make any difference, they've been a mess since the last GE and people won't forget that, the press won't let them.

Corbyn just needs to fuck off and give someone else a chance to actually oppose the Tories because, irrespective of the reasons, he has failed.

I agree to an extent. The unity needs to last longer than the next 6 weeks.

I agree to an extent. The unity needs to last longer than the next 6 weeks.

And how's that going to happen? Certainly not with Corbyn as leader (that's what the second leadership election was supposed to be about) so oppose the evil that is May and give someone else a chance.

Might as well lose with a leader who represents the voters of his party rather than one who tries to out tory the tories. There are a few reasons why Labour haven't got close since Blair's reign and putting up another one of his ilk will definitely not get Labour elected again. I'd save your ire for the PLP and those MPs who have never backed a leader unanimously elected by his rank and file members. Corbyn's hugely popular policies will not be adopted by a right winger and will bear little difference than what we have now with the tories.

I feel your frustration but putting all the blame at Corbyn's door is wrong and if the selfish cunts within the party actually put as much effort into fighting the tories as they have fighting Corbyn then they might not be in constant opposition. One may think this is what they actually want?

• Upvote 4

Might as well lose with a leader who represents the voters of his party rather than one who tries to out tory the tories. There are a few reasons why Labour haven't got close since Blair's reign and putting up another one of his ilk will definitely not get Labour elected again. I'd save your ire for the PLP and those MPs who have never backed a leader unanimously elected by his rank and file members. Corbyn's hugely popular policies will not be adopted by a right winger and will bear little difference than what we have now with the tories.

I feel your frustration but putting all the blame at Corbyn's door is wrong and if the selfish cunts within the party actually put as much effort into fighting the tories as they have fighting Corbyn then they might not be in constant opposition. One may think this is what they actually want?

Oh I have plenty of ire for the PLP too, but right now there's only one man who can possibly do something about the mess Labour have got into.

I fear Corbyn is already pitching this wrong, talking about wider policies and inequality when surely the next 7 weeks will all be about Brexit.

If Labour make it about brexit they will get hammered. The lizard woman has had a Falklands style boost because of brexit.

Better to address the underlying causes of why so many people voted brexit and why so many are worried about what brexit will bring. Which is what Corbyn and his team have been doing for sometime.

• Upvote 1

This country is as depressingly right wing as I can ever remember.

The population put the cunt in country.

Absolutely.

I can't ever remember being more out of tune with the people around me, from aspiring working class Tory voters crying when it looked like they'd lose their tax credits to staunch Labour supporters voting for Brexit. It's a fucking mess.

• Upvote 4

If Labour make it about brexit they will get hammered. The lizard woman has had a Falklands style boost because of brexit.

Better to address the underlying causes of why so many people voted brexit and why so many are worried about what brexit will bring. Which is what Corbyn and his team have been doing for sometime.

He will be hammered by the press for talking about the wrong things. The Tories have already made this about Brexit so surely he should be talking about the alternative to a hard Brexit?

Guest Pistonbroke

This country is as depressingly right wing as I can ever remember.

The population put the cunt in country.

It's what is screwing the Labour Party mate, far too many Tory-Lites who want a party that just benefits their own needs and not that of the majority. I'll repeat it again, if there was a third party who was centre to centre right then labour wouldn't get a look in. 

Even if Labour managed to put across decent points, you have Sky waiting around with their off camera microphones, the press with that photo just when Corbyn is about to sneeze. The electorate generally are fucking stupid selfish cunts.

We are pretty much at the point where it would be better to just throw the leaders of each party in a jungle and have them eat Tesco ready meals while Ant and Dec look on laughing.

One good thing about this is that it's saved those 50 jobs in the BBC propaganda department, at least for now.