You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s a terrific look.  Casual misogyny too.  

As I said, it’s boiling the lids of racists, if that’s not you then you’re fine. 

Imagine if it was a conspiracy to wind up racists.  It’s worked a fucking treat. 

Edit: it’s also funny that the ‘sums lass’ is held partly responsible for defeating Corbyn.  Amazing. 

casual misogyny?

really?

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s a terrific look.  Casual misogyny too.  

As I said, it’s boiling the lids of racists, if that’s not you then you’re fine. 

Imagine if it was a conspiracy to wind up racists.  It’s worked a fucking treat. 

Edit: it’s also funny that the ‘sums lass’ is held partly responsible for defeating Corbyn.  Amazing. 

And yet...

You still can't name a single thing she's done. Nothing.

That bullshit about "what about everyone else on the list?" doesn't wash.  As always, there are business leaders being rewarded for services to business; sportspeople being rewarded for services to sport; charity workers being rewarded for services to charity; broadcasters (like Riley) being rewarded for services to broadcasting.

There have always been people getting awards who you suspect haven't done enough in the field for which they are being recognised; this is the first time I can think of someone who has done just about nothing in the field for which they're being recognised.

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And yet...

You still can't name a single thing she's done. Nothing.

That bullshit about "what about everyone else on the list?" doesn't wash.  As always, there are business leaders being rewarded for services to business; sportspeople being rewarded for services to sport; charity workers being rewarded for services to charity; broadcasters (like Riley) being rewarded for services to broadcasting.

There have always been people getting awards who you suspect haven't done enough in the field for which they are being recognised; this is the first time I can think of someone who has done just about nothing in the field for which they're being recognised.

I don’t have to justify it to you!  

And if I did, what would your reaction be?  Would you think ‘I wonder why I chose to react in this way to ONE of the hundreds of honours handed out?’ I doubt it.  

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Why would I know, or bother to find out, everyone who's taught others about the Holocaust in the past 77 years (or even 50 of them) for you? 

As I've pointed out (but he's ignoring) it would be a logical dead-end.  Any of us could name 50 effective and dedicated campaigners against racism and promoters of Holocaust education. Will those 50 satisfy Rico's criterion of having done more than Riley? That's literally impossible to answer unless someone - and the onus has to be on Rico, as he's the one claiming that she definitely deserves the award and that people who have done more than her don't exist - tells us what it is she has actually done.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t have to justify it to you!  

And if I did, what would your reaction be?  Would you think ‘I wonder why I chose to react in this way to ONE of the hundreds of honours handed out?’ I doubt it.  

My reaction would be "Fair play; I had no idea she did that."

Until someone can show me that she has done anything in the field for which she has just been rewarded, I'm still going to question it.

And your bullshit allegations of racism and sexism are based entirely on the notion that we should just accept that she deserves this award; so, yeah, the onus is on you (if you have any decency) to show us what she's done or withdraw your vile lies and apologise.

I'm not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

As I've pointed out (but he's ignoring) it would be a logical dead-end.  Any of us could name 50 effective and dedicated campaigners against racism and promoters of Holocaust education. Will those 50 satisfy Rico's criterion of having done more than Riley? That's literally impossible to answer unless someone - and the onus has to be on Rico, as he's the one claiming that she definitely deserves the award and that people who have done more than her don't exist - tells us what it is she has actually done.

And, importantly, that those denying she deserves it are racist and hate women. You surely wouldn’t make a claim like that unless you knew otherwise. Simps gon’ simp. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

My reaction would be "Fair play; I had no idea she did that."

Until someone can show me that she has done anything in the field for which she has just been rewarded, I'm still going to question it.

And your bullshit allegations of racism and sexism are based entirely on the notion that we should just accept that she deserves this award; so, yeah, the onus is on you (if you have any decency) to show us what she's done or withdraw your vile lies and apologise.

I'm not holding my breath.

Jesus Christ.  I don’t hand out these awards, I don’t think I can say it again.  The onus isn’t on me to do anything.  I’m accepting the award on face value.  The fact you don’t know what’s she’s done is immaterial, the committee did. The fact that other people may have done more is also immaterial unless they’ve been nominated by someone. 

You deciding not to accept a single award out of hundreds must be motivated by something. Who knows what it is?  

She was awarded it for helping our magic grandad lose an election to the most corrupt government and absolute cunt pm this country has seen (thatcher was beyond Cunt she was just pure evil) 

Hope this helps seeing as nobody has shown a single shred of evidence that she’s been somebody at the forefront of Holocaust awareness. It’s so transparent it’s just like the Tories laughing in our faces. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She was awarded it for helping our magic grandad lose an election to the most corrupt government and absolute cunt pm this country has seen (thatcher was beyond Cunt she was just pure evil) 

Hope this helps seeing as nobody has shown a single shred of evidence that she’s been somebody at the forefront of Holocaust awareness. It’s so transparent it’s just like the Tories laughing in our faces. 

She probably just doesn't like to talk about it

Smashie_and_Nicey.jpeg.jpg

• Upvote 1

To be fair, I haven't criticised her getting it. I've no idea what she does, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't know about it. To say I don't care about any of this is an understatement. Make her Queen if you want. Couldn't give a fuck. I'm just saying, if you're calling people out for racism and misogyny without yourself knowing whether or not she actually did anything, then the problem in the argument is probably you. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

To be fair, I haven't criticised her getting it. I've no idea what she does, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't know about it. To say I don't care about any of this is an understatement. Make her Queen if you want. Couldn't give a fuck. 

You couldn’t give a fuck about Corbyn either right ? 

46 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Hahahaha. Shithouse troll.

You are flinging accusations and insults at everyone in sight, but when asked for the one thing that would back those accusations up, you cry "ooh, it's not my job". 

Nobcheese.

Why am I responsible for marking the Committee’s homework?  I’m not.

Why are you only challenging ONE of the awards?  

36 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

To be fair, I haven't criticised her getting it. I've no idea what she does, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't know about it. To say I don't care about any of this is an understatement. Make her Queen if you want. Couldn't give a fuck. I'm just saying, if you're calling people out for racism and misogyny without yourself knowing whether or not she actually did anything, then the problem in the argument is probably you. 

The honours system has jumped the shark, I'm sure I heard Ed Shearan's music teacher got one for encouraging him to get into music. Or it may have been a dream.

38 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Why am I responsible for marking the Committee’s homework?  I’m not.

Why are you only challenging ONE of the awards?  

Because (and pay attention this time) everyone else has got an award for stuff they've actually done. 

If they'd given her an award for services to broadcasting, nobody would give a fuck.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The honours system has jumped the shark, I'm sure I heard Ed Shearan's music teacher got one for encouraging him to get into music. Or it may have been a dream.

Theres a firm charging up to 40k to help with submission requests to be on the honours list. 

On 01/01/2023 at 18:15, Bjornebye said:

Come on mate. There are firms charging 40k for people to submit requests to be given honours. Plus, nothing to do with government is truly 'independent' ffs Rico. 

https://www.awardsintelligence.co.uk/

How dare you impugn the independence of a system in which every nomination is reviewed by Downing Street and every award is signed off by the Prime Minister!

https://honours.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/about/governance/#:~:text=This Committee is made up,Queen%2C who awards the honour. 

Screenshot_2023-01-03-14-45-53-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-03-14-46-29-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Because (and pay attention this time) everyone else has got an award for stuff they've actually done. 

If they'd given her an award for services to broadcasting, nobody would give a fuck.

How do you know?  You haven’t scrutinised any of the others by your own admission. This is the only one they’ve ‘got wrong’? Why would they get every single other one right and just this one wrong?  Conspiracies everywhere. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

How do you know?  You haven’t scrutinised any of the others by your own admission. This is the only one they’ve ‘got wrong’? Why would they get every single other one right and just this one wrong?  Conspiracies everywhere. 

Why the fuck would I scrutinise the whole list? Like everyone else here, I've seen the headlines of this honours list - and every other honours list, twice a year, going back decades - and I have never seen anyone get an award for something they just don't do.

Have you?