You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

V West Ham

Gym Beglin

"We will be fine without Suarez", "Gerrard wouldn't get a game"... Hahaha laughable atrocious cunts.

You would be right of course if anyone had actually said that, ever.

The Suarez ballyhoo is indicative of a wider problem that's troubled Liverpool since I was about 10, namely, that its fortunes have always been dependent on a single star player, be it a striker or Gerrard.

While we can lament their loss, it shouldn't have been the case in the first place. If one of the world's biggest clubs with a large squad and money to spend finds itself, year after year, decade after decade, hoping one great player will pull its arse out of the fire (usually a player that's come through the ranks at that, who you haven't even bought) then something is desperately wrong with your transfer policy.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Don't agree that there's any weight of expectation. Maybe you could say that about the season after we almost won the league with Rodgers but there's no expectation now.

We know we're shit. The only expectation is that they don't disgrace us in a way that draws shame on the club like getting destroyed by Stoke 6-1. 

Most of the fanbase expect top four as a minimum. The likes of Lallana and Benteke didn't have that at their old clubs. They just had to do the best that they could, and not being up to scratch wouldn't be treated with the degree of teeth-gnashing that it is here.

You would be right of course if anyone had actually said that, ever.

The Suarez ballyhoo is indicative of a wider problem that's troubled Liverpool since I was about 10, namely, that its fortunes have always been dependent on a single star player, be it a striker or Gerrard.

While we can lament their loss, it shouldn't have been the case in the first place. If one of the world's biggest clubs with a large squad and money to spend finds itself, year after year, decade after decade, hoping one great player will pull its arse out of the fire (usually a player that's come through the ranks at that, who you haven't even bought) then something is desperately wrong with your transfer policy.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

It's a little known fact that only certain people realised Suarez was good.

gerrard wasn't awful last season.

He wasn't at his stella best but he is still better than EVERY player on our books currently

I'd play him in every position ahead of any of our current players except in goal or sturridge up front. 

I bet if he was centre forward for us this season he would have scored 10 in all comps by now

I bet if he was right back he would have won most battles and also created more chances

If he was CM he would have scored more than Lucas, Allen, Can, Lailandi, Coutinho, and Firmino put together

the disrespect shown to a club legend on here is shocking

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 Nathaniel Clyne Keep

3 Jose Enrique Jib

4 Kolo Toure Jib

6 Dejan Lovren Keep

7 James Milner Jib

9 Christian Benteke Jib

10 Philippe Coutinho Keep

11 Roberto Firmino Keep

12 Joe Gomez Keep

14 Jordan Henderson Keep

15 Daniel Sturridge Keep

17 Mamadou Sakho Jib

18 Alberto Moreno Jib

20 Adam Lallana Jib

21 Lucas Leiva Jib

22 Simon Mignolet Jib

23 Emre Can Keep

24 Joe Allen Jib

27 Divock Origi Keep

28 Danny Ings Keep

33 Jordon Ibe Keep

37 Martin Skrtel Jib

38 Jon Flanagan Keep

46 Jordan Rossiter Keep

53 Joao Carlos Teixera Keep

Also jib all the first team squad players who are on loan like Markovic, Balotelli and Wisdom et al.

He wasn't at his stella best but he is still better than EVERY player on our books currently

I'd play him in every position ahead of any of our current players except in goal or sturridge up front.

I bet if he was centre forward for us this season he would have scored 10 in all comps by now

I bet if he was right back he would have won most battles and also created more chances

If he was CM he would have scored more than Lucas, Allen, Can, Lailandi, Coutinho, and Firmino put together

Gerrard or Lucas or Allen today?

No brainer. Gerrard.

"We will be fine without Suarez", "Gerrard wouldn't get a game"... Hahaha laughable atrocious cunts.

As fans we often try to look on the bright side, and that's the underlying sentiment to those statements. However, the truth is still there. Suarez moved on to a better team, probably the best team in Europe, and good luck to the fella. I think in the last year alone he's won 4-5 trophies there.

As for Stevie, he was one of the best players we've had, but let's not kid ourselves. His legs had gone and he was finished as a top class Premier League midfielder. It doesn't mean that what we have in the team at the moment is right - clearly it isn't - but Stevie is not the answer any more. 

2 Nathaniel Clyne Keep

3 Jose Enrique Jib

4 Kolo Toure Jib

6 Dejan Lovren Keep

7 James Milner Jib

9 Christian Benteke Jib

10 Philippe Coutinho Keep

11 Roberto Firmino Keep

12 Joe Gomez Keep

14 Jordan Henderson Keep

15 Daniel Sturridge Keep

17 Mamadou Sakho Jib

18 Alberto Moreno Jib

20 Adam Lallana Jib

21 Lucas Leiva Jib

22 Simon Mignolet Jib

23 Emre Can Keep

24 Joe Allen Jib

27 Divock Origi Keep

28 Danny Ings Keep

33 Jordon Ibe Keep

37 Martin Skrtel Jib

38 Jon Flanagan Keep

46 Jordan Rossiter Keep

53 Joao Carlos Teixera Keep

Also jib all the first team squad players who are on loan like Markovic, Balotelli and Wisdom et al.

I like the cut of these jibs.
  • Downvote 1

I've seen that game played out far too many times over the years. I'm old enough and mature enough to be able to accept defeat- that if a team plays well enough, their manager has a masterstroke or, individually, they have half a dozen players at 8s, 9s or 10s, then there's nothing you can do and you have to hold your hands up and move on to the next game. The Palace game this season is a case in point. I didn't we deserved to lose that day per see, but the way the game was stretched and with the quality they have going forward, you kind of recognise that it could go either way, even though, of all things, to score from Mignolet's rick was pretty galling. I wasn't happy leaving Anfield that day, but it was one of those I could accept.

What is unpalatable though is how teams are just nailing the basics to beat us. An organised defence, harrying and decent delivery from the flanks- that is what's beating us these days. It's Sunday League stuff. I'm not even exaggerating saying that- you could head down to the local park tomorrow and watch a game and you'd see a good team at that level nailing all three of those things. Newcastle, Watford and now today- those three just nailed those things. At least Watford and West Ham looked up for it from the off, Newcastle were lambs to the slaughter that day and it was our own complacency, simply expecting to win by turning up, which allowed them to grow into the game and get their supporters back onside. Teams are not having to do exceptional things to beat us and it's unacceptable.

It comes back down to a decent spine and old heads, for me. It feels like I'm repeating myself. Get some intelligent players in there, some experienced players to talk to the likes of Can and Firmino who evidently need coaching on the pitch, a fucking centre half who opens his gob and looks to organise the collective rather than just seem arsed about their own performance. If your mate alongside you is over-playing and gives a hospital ball, fucking bollock him. Don't give him an 'unlucky' gesture. If a full-back hasn't stopped a cross, fucking hammer him for it. It's criminal how we've assembled a squad of such spineless, silent, defeatist, brain dead knobheads.

In the final third, it's overcooking all the fucking time. Touch, touch, touch, pass to the man who is two yards from you- the same man who was on for the pass 10 minutes ago. If there's nothing on, move it on to the nearest shirt, move your own arse into a decent position and then have a word with the striker for not giving you an option in the first place. All the time with such one-paced play, we're inviting trouble on ourselves. Adam Lallana and his niceness embody this fucking team: an absolute fanny who looks good at doing nothing. One good game, a good win and they're out in front of the Sky cameras going through the clichés, yet guilty of lazy balls in soft areas. That one he tapped on the half-turn today that went straight to the West Ham player had me livid. He could have easily taken a touch and then moved it on, instead he went for something that would have looked good if it came off. There is no ruthless edge to this team and never mind the finishing, it's telling in every single pass that lacks crispness.

And fucking hell, it absolutely baffles me how Benteke gets a free pass from the media in this country. Admittedly, we have to be the worst team in the country for delivering balls from out wide, but fuck me- move, lad! Anticipate! Anything could happen- the centre-half could cock up and it could head through to you. At least be on your toes. That one in the first half that came through to him and it was like he was in concrete, allowing Tomkins to get back summed it up. He wasn't even expecting it to go him, yet it did and he was asleep. Even okay balls into the box which he could at least do something with, he's doing fuck all for. Worst case, give the centre-half a nudge, let him know that you're there, that they're in a game. That Carroll goal today- we all know movement wasn't his strength in a red shirt, but there's no way Benteke would have scored that. The movement to peel off a few yards to enable yourself to get the run on your marker for the ball- Benteke would have been picking his arse and had his hands up expecting it to land square on his fod rather as Collins mopped it up. It's absolutely infuriating.

The thing that summed it up for me was Shearer's analysis of him in the Leicester game on Boxing Day when they were saying how we don't play to his strengths and they pointed out the ball that Henderson played to him from the flanks which he headed over, explaining that's what we have to do to get the best out of him, conveniently ignoring the fact that any target man worth his salt should have gotten it on target, and again ignoring how we looked more of a threat to Morgan and Huth with Origi up top playing in between the centre-half and the full-back, causing them all kinds of problem with his movement.

Unfortunately, I think this is how it's going to be until the end of the season and we could do some serious recruitment. Would anybody be surprised if we took maximum points against Arsenal and Man Utd, only to shit the bed against a Norwich team well-drilled in the same areas I've already mentioned?

• Upvote 11

You're kidding right?

The guy can barely run anymore ffs. He was even awful in the MLS this year.

• Upvote 1

no im not kidding

Id have him back tomorrow

his legs may not be up to 50 games a season but id sooner bring him on at right back instead of conor randall and I'd fancy his chances of getting a goal more than joe allen

Terry Mac has more chance of scoring a goal than Joe Allen and arguably I'd bring Phil Neal on at right back too... but come on. 

Stevie was a legend for us. One of the best we've ever had. 

There are clearly problems in the current team, but Stevie is not the answer!

Unlike last season when it was never realistic to think we could win the UEFA Cup, we should probably already be prioritising (I.e. seeing as our most likely route of success, not sacrificing other games for it) that competition over the league, given we've no chance of top 4 with this squad (Sturridge with legs attached to his body excepted). We're at least less likely to be kicked out of games and shit ourselves against European sides.

It's a bit like Rafa's first year in that Klopp has to become accustomed to/make the best of both the squad he has (I'm sure he already wants to change most of it but realistically that won't happen significantly until the summer) and especially the alehouse side of English football. Europe won't hold any culture shock for him however, and our cowardly squad will get more protection, plus they'll have a proven winner and tactical mind setting them up for those games, which was of course absent last year.

The following summer Rafa bought a higher class of keeper, Momo and Crouch, after which we fared far better domestically and stood up more to the physical test. Horses for courses until Klopp gets chance to do the same.

Please for the love of God bring some goals in during January though. It's absolutely killing us.

Im not getting into a spat with a fool but read your comment at the top of this page

RE: every single attacker is responsible

3 out of the 4 are injured   

Mate, you said Gerrard would be our best right back if we took him back today.You also called our best defender shite.  Who's the fool again? 

And I obviously mean all of our fit attackers, the one's playing today. Not that Sturridge will ever stay fit long enough to actually improve us or that Origi and Ings would actually make a tangible difference 

• Downvote 1