You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

Guest Pistonbroke

If he ceases to be available or be fit for duty or play the system, do it, start the auction.

Thankfully for us he's come back hitting the goals in at a top-class rate, so it helps us whatever we do. The rush to get rid of that without the fit, pacey, prolific replacement is the aspect I don't understand properly. Why am I arsed about his pay when the goals are coming? The proceeds won't be spent on footballers who play for free.

He's cored a few but he has hardly been prolific since his return mate, he only looks half arsed most of the time to me. 

It's a no brainer really if PSG are willing to pay daft money for him, Klopp would bring in a fit good forward with the money and still have 10 mill left over for another player. His track record of late says he is more likely to break down than stay fit. Maybe it is also better for DS himself if he plays in a league which is slower paced and less aggressive. 

He's cored a few but he has hardly been prolific since his return mate, he only looks half arsed most of the time to me. 

It's a no brainer really if PSG are willing to pay daft money for him, Klopp would bring in a fit good forward with the money and still have 10 mill left over for another player. His track record of late says he is more likely to break down than stay fit. Maybe it is also better for DS himself if he plays in a league which is slower paced and less aggressive. 

You may be right in that opinion. He is injury prone and that's an understatement, but I reckon if we compare him against players currently at the club who aren't able to hit a barn door for half a season at a time, then it balances out.

I don't think there's been enough time either to say his slower play isn't part of the comeback process, though give me a player who makes intelligent runs over quick ones every time. Look at Usain Defoe over at Sunderland.

Klopp is on new ground with our recruitment twats, as this isn't Dortmund. Rodgers selected terribly but they pushed two-thirds of his signings onto him and only Rodgers and his coaches got the boot.

Guest Pistonbroke

You may be right in that opinion. He is injury prone and that's an understatement, but I reckon if we compare him against players currently at the club who aren't able to hit a barn door for half a season at a time, then it balances out.

I don't think there's been enough time either to say his slower play isn't part of the comeback process, though give me a player who makes intelligent runs over quick ones every time. Look at Usain Defoe over at Sunderland.

Klopp is on new ground with our recruitment twats, as this isn't Dortmund. Rodgers selected terribly but they pushed two-thirds of his signings onto him and only Rodgers and his coaches got the boot.

We shall see, I don't think Klopp is a massive fan of DS, probably more to do with his mental state than his obvious fitness issues. If an offer was to be made in the region of that mentioned I reckon DS is a as good as sold. Still think this whole PSG rumour is bollocks though, well at least for the price being touted. 

We shall see, I don't think Klopp is a massive fan of DS, probably more to do with his mental state than his obvious fitness issues. If an offer was to be made in the region of that mentioned I reckon DS is a as good as sold. Still think this whole PSG rumour is bollocks though, well at least for the price being touted. 

I think so. Even with the new deal inflation I don't think you'd see any transfer fee that wasn't mindful of his ongoing fitness issues.

In addition we'd be losing another older head who has won trophies, probably to reinvest in a couple of won-nowt bairns.

Guest Pistonbroke

I think so. Even with the new deal inflation I don't think you'd see any transfer that wasn't mindful of his ongoing fitness issues.

In addition we'd be losing another older head who has won trophies, probably to reinvest in a couple of won-nowt bairns.

Hopefully this summer will see us bring at least two players who have the winning mentality. 

So the shite that is international football costs us 3 injuries already and we still have nearly a week of the shite to go.

It should be fucked off - why should clubs employees be fucked up playing for fa's.

Fucking friendlies at a key stage of the season.

• Upvote 3

So the shite that is international football costs us 3 injuries already and we still have nearly a week of the shite to go.

It should be fucked off - why should clubs employees be fucked up playing for fa's.

Fucking friendlies at a key stage of the season.

Well get rid of the midseason friendlies, yes. Just have a few practice games before the big summer tournaments to help the managers decide their best teams.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Well get rid of the midseason friendlies, yes. Just have a few practice games before the big summer tournaments to help the managers decide their best teams.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Sturridge will end up playing tomorrow and get injured whilst Kane has a nice rest in advance of the weekend. That owl bastard probably done it out of spite.

No way for me should clubs have to put up with this shite at key stages of season...

These players are their employees not the FA's.

Guest Pistonbroke

Sturridge will end up playing tomorrow and get injured whilst Kane has a nice rest in advance of the weekend. That owl bastard probably done it out of spite.

No way for me should clubs have to put up with this shite at key stages of season...

These players are their employees not the FA's.

It's UEFA and FIFA who organise the friendlies. F.A are still a bunch of cunts mind.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

45m? Okay then, but only because it's you. I like Sturridge and think most of the harsh words on here are petulant and unwarranted, but that'd be too good to turn down.

It's a quandry like, but Klopp prefers playing one up front and aside from anything else, Sturridge is no lone front man.

When you add the other factors in, I think he'll go if he stays fit until the summer and after a deal is done (memories of Cisse's 2nd leg break).

That £45M story is bollocks though.

45m? Okay then, but only because it's you. I like Sturridge and think most of the harsh words on here are petulant and unwarranted, but that'd be too good to turn down.

When Benteke cost £32.5M it's not much money.

Also, it would mean we have sold Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge in successive summers. Don't know of any good clubs with that transfer strategy.

• Upvote 2

I can't decide if he has lost his pace or if he is playing within himself, building up confidence and minutes before sprinting flat out.

If it is the former, he is still a skilful player who will score goals, but not nearly as threatening as with pace. I'd be sorely tempted to sell, especially at the sort of price we've been seeing.

Sell. The money will be stupid in the summer, demolishing any remaining connexion between value and cost. If he does well on the run-in and in the Euros, we can get a great price for him.

We can fund a complete academy line-up by spending wisely on the future instead of trying to resurrect the past.