You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"He had to go, but Rodgers gave us the best football seen in a generation" by Alex Woo

tlw content

Second, and far more importantly, we had an entire half to get one fucking goal. I don't give a shit who we were playing, we had no clue to how to break them down. None. Zero. Gerrard must have taken 15 shots from distance that I could have stopped. We never looked like scoring and the title was on the line. Rodgers had halftime to set the team up, to come up with something and he didn't get it done.

What could have happened did happen. A winning team gets one goaplaying at home in the biggest game of the year, in front of the Kop. We looked like amateurs.

Well maybe, but given that the whole season was down to Suarez and nothing to do with Rodgers then that would be on the toothy one wouldn't it?

• Upvote 1

They reviewed Mike Calvin's book Living on the Volcano: The secrets of surviving as a football manager on The Anfield Wrap. There was a chapter on Brendan and Neil Atkinson mentioned that reading it,weak Rodgers comes across as someone who thinks a lot about things, but not in a deep or solution-oriented way. That would explain his constant changing of formations and discarding of players without being able to fix the underlying problems. Add in a massive lack of self-awareness, car-crash of a personal life and it's obvious he was way out of his depth.

A season with two world class forwards, an unsustainable amount of set piece goals, an unsustainable amount of early goals, an unsustainable amount of penalties and a lack of European football. Rodgers basically got very, very lucky but that is in no way his level as a manager. He was a complete chancer and I'm delighted we have one of the truly elite world managers in charge now.

• Upvote 1

Go on...

Given you're bitter he's gone, and jump on any comment you perceive as negative about him, I'd say we have a pot to kettle vibe here.

Anyway, I've just seen SD has a thread going in the AAFM forum, so I'll give you a break and post any future comments I have there.

Given you're bitter he's gone, and jump on any comment you perceive as negative about him, I'd say we have a pot to kettle vibe here.

Given that what you said isn't remotely true, I'd say you need to get your facts straight before trying to be a snide bollocks.

• Downvote 1

They reviewed Mike Calvin's book Living on the Volcano: The secrets of surviving as a football manager on The Anfield Wrap. There was a chapter on Brendan and Neil Atkinson mentioned that reading it,weak Rodgers comes across as someone who thinks a lot about things, but not in a deep or solution-oriented way. That would explain his constant changing of formations and discarding of players without being able to fix the underlying problems. Add in a massive lack of self-awareness, car-crash of a personal life and it's obvious he was way out of his depth.

A season with two world class forwards, an unsustainable amount of set piece goals, an unsustainable amount of early goals, an unsustainable amount of penalties and a lack of European football. Rodgers basically got very, very lucky but that is in no way his level as a manager. He was a complete chancer and I'm delighted we have one of the truly elite world managers in charge now.

Yes.

People on here repeatedly said we shouldn't care about his personal stuff. Only the football matters. I think that was wrong, his personal shit was a good indicator of the character of the man. He is a wrong'un and the writing was on the wall fairly early if we cared to look.

This is the same man who was spouting family values whilst getting up to all sorts. The same man who spouts 'the group' whilst chucking anyone and everyone under the bus.

Good riddance to him.

• Upvote 5

That just isn't true as far as Benitez was concerned the only thing that stopped us from winning the league was the Utd defence and goalkeeper. We didn't implode, their defence was magnificent they never conceded a goal in something like 10 games and Van Der Sar won player of the year.

And as for your other point about Rodgers getting closer than Ged or Rafa, that says more about the rest of the league than it does about Rodgers.

Of the top 6 in 13/14 only the Mancs had a poor season. Chelsea finished on their highest pts title since 2010, Arsenal on their highest since the mid 00s everton in 10 years and City had a their 2nd highest PL total. This talk of post Ferguson and should have won an easy league is crap.

Also how we set up v Chelsea in the penultimate game in 13/14 had nothing to do with Gerrard slipping. We lost because we couldn't break down a well drilled defense after they scored a fluke.

We were shit since but it would have been an excellent managerial feat to win it

• Upvote 1

What do you think of Brendan Rodgers, Hades?

Perhaps you could talk about it forever and ever.

It's certainly fascinating.

What do you think of Brendan Rodgers, Hades?

Perhaps you could talk about it forever and ever.

It's certainly fascinating.

I think he was a spoofer and a buffer and got dead lucky he dossiered his way into a top management position with new, naive owners. He won't succeed at a top job ever again unless he fixes his massive personal flaws and lets go of his ego (fat chance). He will no doubt manage one England at some point because they reward mediocrity. Also has a handy £7M payoff he can continue to go on unearned holidays with. Was doing cartwheels when he left.
  • Upvote 1

I'm not being snide. You just don't like it being pointed out to you.

I'm fairly comfortable in my own opinion, I don't need anything pointed out. I've never had a problem with valid criticism and I have agreed with most of it for the past 18 months, yet a select few people keep thrusting words into my mouth because im sick of reading the same 'Rodgers is a shit cunt' posts day in day out for the past 2 years - and now that he's been fucked off and we've got a genuinely exciting manager people still can't stop rehashing the same old tired shit over and over its got fuck all to do with being bitter about Rodgers' sacking and the fact that I disagree with the people who think he's a bluffer and a Sunday league coach doesn't mean I think he's good enough for Liverpool or supported his claim to keep the job after being embarrassed last season. As I have explained time and again.

• Upvote 1

If being in Marbella with £7million going on to your account is a car crash personal life, I'm not sure what that makes me. Maybe a nuclear war?

Rodgers had to go but I'm with those standing up for him on this.

Incase you wondered.

The got lucky thing, transition/ Suarez, that's all shite.

Watch a few highlights from that year.

• Upvote 2

I'm fairly comfortable in my own opinion, I don't need anything pointed out. I've never had a problem with valid criticism and I have agreed with most of it for the past 18 months, yet a select few people keep thrusting words into my mouth because im sick of reading the same 'Rodgers is a shit cunt' posts day in day out for the past 2 years - and now that he's been fucked off and we've got a genuinely exciting manager people still can't stop rehashing the same old tired shit over and over its got fuck all to do with being bitter about Rodgers' sacking and the fact that I disagree with the people who think he's a bluffer and a Sunday league coach doesn't mean I think he's good enough for Liverpool or supported his claim to keep the job after being embarrassed last season. As I have explained time and again.

I look forward to tomorrow's post about how everyone on the forum is a cunt and how distasteful you find it that people are slagging off Rodgers for the 400th time. 

Just in case anyone's missed it at this stage moof is sick of reading derogatory posts about Rodgers, so can we all make a concerted effort to never mention Rodgers in any capacity again otherwise that'll trigger him off. 

• Upvote 4

Just to recap for those who struggle with comprehension, boss, I think the constant 'Rodgers is a shit cunt' posts are boring as fuck at this point and people who are doing their utmost to continue to stick the boot in even after he's been fucked off from the club could do with moving on.

Nothing to do with rodgers, everything to do with being sick to the back teeth of petty point scoring.