You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who would you vote for at this present time?

Guest Pistonbroke

Who would you vote for at this present time?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your vote?

• Labour
    • Conservatives
    • Lib Dems
    • Green party
    • UKIP
    • Scottish nationalist party
    • Plaid Cymru Party of Wales
    • democratic Unionist party
    • Sinn Fein
    • Other

Once stuff is sold off it almost never comes back.

Long term, there is sense it voting for the guys that might sell off the country to their mates at a slower pace...just whilst this revolution that's obviously coming picks up some steam.

This revolution that is obviously coming, obviously, do you think it would come sooner with a hateful government or a really hateful government?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Voting labour when you really want to vote Green, is like being married to Eva Green and sleeping with some girl on a night out just to stop your most hated enemy from sleeping with her.

It is categorically nothing like that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This revolution that is obviously coming, obviously, do you think it would come sooner with a hateful government or a really hateful government?

You'll be voting Tory then, yeah?

I don't think it's coming. I was being sarcastic.

You could show people iPhones actually being made by kids being whipped and they'd still buy them.

It ain't coming bro.

It is categorically nothing like that.

That was just written in jest to be honest with you Numero, i have no problem with anyone voting labour to usurp the tories, ultimately our objective is the same, it's just about seeing it in two different ways. Besides what if labour don't win? it's best to go for small incremental change in a system rather than playing devils advocate and losing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That was just written in jest to be honest with you Numero, i have no problem with anyone voting labour to usurp the tories, ultimately our objective is the same, it's just about seeing it in two different ways. Besides what if labour don't win? it's best to go for small incremental change in a system rather than playing devils advocate and losing.

I know it was in jest, mate; I was joking. I mean that voting isn't anywhere near as great as having Eva Green as a wife.

I've seen a fair few elections around the world and the line of thought about voting for a party that's going to get 1-2% is always there. It never works. Ever.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Its good to see the Green party doing so well. Looks like they're in with a chance of winning.

Either that or this forum isn't really reflective of the general voter.

This morning pointed out my dilemma. I turn on the tv to see the tories planning to stop under21s claiming dole, housing benefit. They were hooping and hollowing and smirking and backslapping. I live in a marginal lab/tory seat.

I haven't voted labour for many years, however if a kid of 16 near where i live leaves school, dosent have a vote, works for two years, pays tax, gets laid off and then is refused benefits so is made homeless can i look at him and tell him i did not use my vote to get the tory out?

It's stick with the moral high ground and vote for the party you believe in or vote tactically to get the tories out. I'm not voting for Labour, im voting to get the tories out.

This morning pointed out my dilemma. I turn on the tv to see the tories planning to stop under21s claiming dole, housing benefit. They were hooping and hollowing and smirking and backslapping. I live in a marginal lab/tory seat.

I haven't voted labour for many years, however if a kid of 16 near where i live leaves school, dosent have a vote, works for two years, pays tax, gets laid off and then is refused benefits so is made homeless can i look at him and tell him i did not use my vote to get the tory out?

It's stick with the moral high ground and vote for the party you believe in or vote tactically to get the tories out. I'm not voting for Labour, im voting to get the tories out.

you mean that there's another party that people believe in?

You'd be better off badgering the fuck out of your MP (and getting others to do so) about moving left, if you genuinely want to drag things that way. It'll do way more than a wasted vote.

Amen!

I'm lucky in that I live in a place that will never return a Tory MP (nor, since they outed themselves as Tory bitches, a Lib Dem) so I can afford to badger my MP and vote for someone I really want. If I was in a marginal seat, then I'd have to go down the route of voting for the least offensive potential winner (but still badgering the bugger - rather than vice versa - once he/she was in power).

Amen!I'm lucky in that I live in a place that will never return a Tory MP (nor, since they outed themselves as Tory bitches, a Lib Dem) so I can afford to badger my MP and vote for someone I really want. If I was in a marginal seat, then I'd have to go down the route of voting for the least offensive potential winner (but still badgering the bugger - rather than vice versa - once he/she was in power).

Serious question - if you live in a safe seat, for any party, is there a risk that the MP can toe the party line rather than listen to local opinion.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Gideon was, very briefly, on my television earlier calling that pack of cunts the party of the NHS.

I don't even know how to begin trying to follow that line.

They are. They're the party trying to destroy the NHS.

No not really, The dilemma is do i vote for a party/candidate who is more in tune with my views or do i vote tactically to use my vote to get the tories out? It's catch 22.