You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool (Sunday 6th of April 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Every game is a new challenge with new obstacles to overcome, and West Ham will be no exception. They'll bring a game and whether it will be good or bad is unknown right now. But, with the momentum we are carrying and the confidence we are playing with I'm fairly confident West Ham won't be able to keep up with it. I'm going for a 3-0 to Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife gave birth to my first son on Wednesday so I will be doing fuck all sleeping tonight. This gives me too much time to think about this match and I am already resigned to an embarrassing defeat. 6-0 West Ham.

he he, strange. My boy was born in September 1998 and we had West Ham away that weekend too. Lost 2-1 that day, hope that's not an omen.

Congrats though.

My wife gave birth to my first son on Wednesday so I will be doing fuck all sleeping tonight. This gives me too much time to think about this match and I am already resigned to an embarrassing defeat. 6-0 West Ham.

Congratulations mate 

Liverpool are attracting global recognition after their wonderful unbeaten 2014 league run has seen them rise from outsiders for a top-four place to title favourites in many eyes.

Brazil's World Cup-winning captain Cafu has taken a shine to England prospect Jon Flanagan, with the legendary full-back taking to Twitter(external) after the table toppers' romp over Spurs to write: "Good to see the Red Cafu is playing well."

Brendan Rodgers says the team are enjoying their position at the summit but the immediate task is this banana-skin game. Imagine if they beat Manchester City and Chelsea in the coming weeks but lose out on the title because they lost at West Ham. They wouldn't be able to forgive themselves.

Andy Carroll will be determined to prove Rodgers made a mistake by selling him. If Cardiff could expose frailties in the league leaders' defence, the West Ham battering ram will be licking his lips and Kevin Nolan will profit from Carroll's knock-downs.

What must be going through the home captain's mind? A Liverpool fan, raised in Toxteth, Nolan played for the club as a very young schoolboy and admits the Reds have a special place in his heart. If he nets the winner, West Ham will virtually be safe but he could have killed Liverpool's dream.

On form, a home winner is unlikely. Suarez is hunting his 30th goal. Sturridge has 23. Gerrard has nine in his past 14 games. Many neutrals would love to see him lift the trophy and Rodgers rewarded with the title ahead of schedule.

I have met many different kinds of manager in my 41 years involved in football. He is one of the most genuine, thoughtful and quietly inspirational men I have encountered.

Given that West Ham have won only two of 16 matches against top-half teams all season, I can't see Liverpool losing this, but I have a sneaky feeling that the Upton Park boo-boys may change their tune and inspire their team to a point.

Head-to-head

West Ham have only won two of their previous 21 meetings with Liverpool in the Premier League (W2, D4, L15).There have been 27 goals in the last eight clashes between these sides at Upton Park.Liverpool have only failed to score once in their last 10 league visits to Upton Park. That was in a 1-0 defeat by the Hammers in January 2008.

West Ham

West Ham have won six of their last nine Premier League matches, and four of their previous five games at Upton Park.Sam Allardyce's side have lost five matches from winning positions this season - the most in the top flight.They have only won two of the 16 games they have played against teams in the top half of the table this campaign (W2, D3, L11).The Hammers have only recovered to take one point from the nine league matches in which they been behind at half-time.Their last eight league goals have been scored by seven different players, including an own goal from Hull's James Chester. Only Andy Carroll has scored more than once.

Liverpool

Liverpool are the only team yet to lose a Premier League game in 2014, winning 11 of their 13 matches and drawing two. This is their longest unbeaten run in the league run since November 2008 - February 2009 (15 matches).They are looking for their ninth consecutive league victory this weekend. The last time they won nine matches in a row was in May 2006.Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have a combined total of 49 goals this season - the only Premier League strike partnership to score more in a single season was Newcastle's partnership of Peter Beardsley and Andy Cole in 1993-94 (55).Suarez has scored 29 goals this season and is now just two behind the Premier League record for a 38-game season held by Alan Shearer (1995-96) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2007-08).Glen Johnson has scored in three of his last five league games against former club West Ham, including the last two trips to Upton Park.Jordan Henderson could make his 100th league appearance for Liverpool. He has been involved in a career-high 11 league goals this season (goals and assists).

Some good ones then.

Anthony Taylor has reffed us three times this season and we have won them all.

BR had Pineau De Re in the players and staff national sweep - everything he picks turns to gold.

The King had the winner in the sweepstakes in 1990

I want to win this game so much. we win and next sunday is the showdown with city everyone wants to see. The 2 best footballing sides in the country going toe to toe. we dont win then we have to beat city next week without our winning momentum.

hopefully its as easy as last week but I think it will be a really tough game.

any sort of win at this stage.

After reading those stats I previously would have been full of dread thinking we are bound to fuck this up. I trust this team a bit more these days.

Definitely trust them more, but you just know Allardyce would love to fuck our chances up the jabba the hut cunt.

Fucking hell, Stringers, spill the beans!

I was half asleep, but he said he wanted Rodgers to end his career at Anfield - obvs can be read two ways that- and said that Gerrard will sign an extension at the end if the season and could well go straight into coaching staff when he finishes playing