Quantcast
UFC - Page 139 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Rex Banner

UFC

The whole sport has gone backwards the last couple of years since the buyout imho. 

Conor supposedly being back in January won't help either

Yeah, the UFC isn't as good as it once was for me.

I still enjoy it but it's going too staged for my liking and they ban who they want to ban and keep who they want to keep.

If Diaz didn't have as much of a fan base as he does these days they would've banned him for this but they wanted him to keep quiet and continue with the fight? So much bullshit.

It's USADA who dole out the suspensions, isn't it? Anyway, it seems Diaz hasn't actually been suspended for the fight, despite the abnormal findings, and the decision as to whether it goes ahead or not is with him.

21 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

It's USADA who dole out the suspensions, isn't it? Anyway, it seems Diaz hasn't actually been suspended for the fight, despite the abnormal findings, and the decision as to whether it goes ahead or not is with him.

Sorry, my post was confusing.

yes USADA hand out the suspensions but for Nate to have been found to have whatever "illegal" substance in his body and for UFC to then say keep it quiet to Nate just so he can fight shows that UFC keep who they want and ban who they want.

Nick Diaz was a nightmare for them years ago and he was treated awfully by UFC because they couldn't control him and that was a good way of them getting rid of him.

Nick Diaz was banned for smoking marijuana ffs.

18 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Sorry, my post was confusing.

yes USADA hand out the suspensions but for Nate to have been found to have whatever "illegal" substance in his body and for UFC to then say keep it quiet to Nate just so he can fight shows that UFC keep who they want and ban who they want.

Nick Diaz was a nightmare for them years ago and he was treated awfully by UFC because they couldn't control him and that was a good way of them getting rid of him.

Nick Diaz was banned for smoking marijuana ffs.

Nick's ban was pre-USADA, wasn't it? It was the NSAC being, well, the NSAC, and just arbitrarily pulling a 5 year suspension out of their arse. Not sure the UFC imposed any ban at all.

I get what you're saying, though, it seems as if USADA are just making this shit up as they go along.

I suppose if they know this trace amount of SARM has no performance enhancing effect, they can clear him to fight. But if that's the case, why notify anyone at all? Either it is or it isn't. This halfway house of 'elevated levels but not performance enhancing' just reeks of bullshit/incompetence.

We've got another abnormal tomorrow, 1pm start because it's on in Singapore. 

Demian Maia's Jiu-Jitsu Vs Ben Askren's wrestling. 

Will be interesting if you're into the grappling side of the sport, doubt there will be a knockout though unless Askren decides to headbutt Maia's knee. 

Diaz-Masvidal back on again after elevated levels were found to be due to 'an organic, vegan supplement'. 

This is all dodgy as fuck, but I don't care as long as I get to see this fight.

1 minute ago, Welsh said:

Maia is something else when it comes to submissions, wow.

Great submission but Askren is out of his depth at this level.

That was great, out of my seat every time it went to the ground, Maia must have had about 5 or 6 different submission attempts before the successful one. 

Askren was stupid to try and take it down, he was doing well with his striking. 

100%. Askren is great at selling fights because everyone wants to watch him get beat but when it comes to stepping in the ring he is a deer in headlights.

Askren may be a great wrestler, but his striking belongs outside a chipper at three in the morning.

Maia's last 3 losses were against the current top 3 ranked welterweights, who were all known for having good wrestling background, the difference is those three used the wrestling to stop takedowns keep it on the feet and to win the fight through striking. Askren used his wrestling to take Maia down but always looked in trouble immediately afterwards. 

Hard to see where Askren goes from here, his wrestling is great but so are the top 3, and all of those have better striking than he does. 

He just doesn't seem to have the skill set to compete with the ufc welterweights. 

Some fun fights tomorrow. I got Masvidal and Till in the two mains. Till looks a lot stronger at 185, I’ve got high hopes.