You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They are fucking shite at closing deals and how everyone can't see that is beyond me, sorry unless it's a sponsorship deal... No such problems there.

Have to agree with this. Just keep him doing what he's good at and away from transfers, why this hasn't been done before now smacks of mismanagement at higher level. Absentee owners who aren't around to see the day to day.

I find it hard to believe that there isn`t some midfielder available somewhere in the world who wouldn`t be good enough for us given our lack of options.

More worrying is i think Rodgers just doesn`t see a problem there.

Even more worrying is he does see a problem but we`ve got no/refuse to spend any cash.

Because he was willing to join until he got offered more money?

Then why speak to Basle for months??  He must have been willing to come at some point, so get the deal done then, don't fuck about and give others the chance to come in.

As soon as you know he wont join, you move on to another target and keep your gob shut ( a bit like we used to )   Do you honestly think we have any other targets??

They cant get their arses in gear to actually operate a football side of things, but can come out with beaming smiles with a shiny new sponsor.

We could still sign someone but the longer it goes on, the more it seems unlikely that we will get either good value or a well considered purchase.

I'd love to be surprised come the close of the window but I don't see us making the signings to allow us to secure 4th.

Huge opportunity missed if that happens. 

All this sponsorship bollocks is just Nero fiddling while Rome burns IMO. They can talk about this strong foundation they're apparently building but while our team is full of massive holes all over the place and we refuse to move for anyone it makes fuck all difference. Ayre is getting in his (pathetic) excuses for not signing Salah and it's looking more and more likely that we're not going to do anything in this window.

That for me is unforgivable and given our large injury list and lack of a midfield I feel that a string of humiliating defeats and a slip back into mediocrity is not out of the question. I hope I'm wrong, but our apparently hesitance to get off our arses and do anything thus far does not fill me with confidence.

At least this Garuda fella should be good on the wing.

Ah fuck off.

First class.

There was also the possibility of incorporating "propel", "carrier", "take off" and of course the obvious "transfer" in there, too.

Anyway, back to the madness....

It's just weird. 

The goal is to be competitive. Here comes BR, gets us to top. Hey, guess what? we are now competitive, so spend a bit and we can consolidate. Isn't that what FSG said they wanted?

But no, instead of rewarding the manager with a what he needs to take us further, i.e a couple of quality first team players; they pull away and start trying to BS us with the corporate stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they are doing the boardroom thing and securing future funds, well done. But why should we get excited as supporters unless that relates back to us being competitive on the pitch, you know, the thing that drives the big money deals you love FSG?

Where are the signings we need to push on and get 4th(even though we were top and could actually have challenged with a stronger summer transfer window). To me it's obvious that the manager is saying he wants signings if he can have them. Trouble is he doesn't know who he can afford and when he does identify someone we have Captain Donut to come and pebbledash the whole deal.

It's bollocks and something doesn't add up.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's just weird. 

The goal is to be competitive. Here comes BR, gets us to top. Hey, guess what? we are now competitive, so spend a bit and we can consolidate. Isn't that what FSG said they wanted?

But no, instead of rewarding the manager with a what he needs to take us further, i.e a couple of quality first team players; they pull away and start trying to BS us with the corporate stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they are doing the boardroom thing and securing future funds, well done. But why should we get excited as supporters unless that relates back to us being competitive on the pitch, you know, the thing that drives the big money deals you love FSG?

Where are the signings we need to push on and get 4th(even though we were top and could actually have challenged with a stronger summer transfer window). To me it's obvious that the manager is saying he wants signings if he can have them. Trouble is he doesn't know who he can afford and when he does identify someone we have Captain Donut to come and pebbledash the whole deal.

It's bollocks and something doesn't add up.

Quite right. As a business decision, now is a superb time to invest. It'll push us much closer to the obvious objective. Unless something changes over the coming few days - and it might - then it's a big opportunity missed. On the pitch and off of it.

• Upvote 1