You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As a side note what did Neville say, as like most I've been avoiding the media all week.

Spoke really well about it. You could be forgiven for thinking he was an ex-player of ours. He didn't defend him - as you can't anyway, but said its all over the top. Nonsense and an over-reaction to quote him.

[YOUTUBE]AC7Q-rR-l4Y[/YOUTUBE]

Google Roy Keane and Nani red card and look at the amount of shite that generated because he dared to go against United, most of it generated by the same journalists and papers that are grasping onto Thomsons quote on Suarez for absolute proof in support of their vendetta.

Crerand was a cunt over Keane with his dig at 'actually playing in Champions league finals' but he wasn't pulled on it once.

I didn't say they were Dave, but as I said on the other thread spitting and biting are especially frowned upon in this country and no doubt were even more so years ago, it's probably how the likes of Ian St John views all foreigners. If someone got a phonecall from a headteacher, would they be more freaked out to hear their kid had been hitting people or biting them? There's something about biting which earmarks you as a special breed of loon.

I think people are on high alert over this because Suarez has been hounded in the past. The 'racism' and diving shit was bollocks, the 10 game ban is a joke, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that what he's done is a an absolute disgrace.

Agree with every word of that, the problem I've got with what Thommo did was he called for a 10 game ban. I've got no problem with him saying how wrong it was, we all feel that way and I've yet to see anyone (other than Code) who feels differently.

Actively calling for a ten game ban though? Fucking hell, with friends like that who needs enemies. Even if he thinks it, don't fucking say it as what good does it do?

If Diouf had got ten games for spitting I guarantee Thommo would have gone fucking nuts about it.

Spoke really well about it. You could be forgiven for thinking he was an ex-player of ours. He didn't defend him - as you can't anyway, but said its all over the top. Nonsense and an over-reaction to quote him.

[YOUTUBE]AC7Q-rR-l4Y[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks, who would've thought a few years ago that Neville would be more supportive of a LFC player than two of our European Cup winning Captains?

Thanks, who would've thought a few years ago that Neville would be more supportive of a LFC player than two of our European Cup winning Captains?

The Generation gap is the obvious reason. Neville has played in the era where you have to deal with the vultures in the press ripping you apart for everything you do. In the 70's and 80's although football was popular - it had far less coverage. If you switch SSN on, you will have heard Suarez' name mentioned at least every 20 mins for the past 5 days. That is what you are up against these days. Neville can empathise with it, having been involved - the ex-players can only imagine.

Agree with every word of that, the problem I've got with what Thommo did was he called for a 10 game ban. I've got no problem with him saying how wrong it was, we all feel that way and I've yet to see anyone (other than Code) who feels differently.

Actively calling for a ten game ban though? Fucking hell, with friends like that who needs enemies. Even if he thinks it, don't fucking say it as what good does it do?

If Diouf had got ten games for spitting I guarantee Thommo would have gone fucking nuts about it.

Spot on. It's also embarrassing that Gary Neville seems to support us on issues like this than the likes of Thompson and Souness etc. I know he's desprate to look impartial but he's one of the only ones to talk any sense over it. Come to think of it,he's the only one to talk sense over most things.

Spot on. It's also embarrassing that Gary Neville seems to support us on issues like this than the likes of Thompson and Souness etc. I know he's desprate to look impartial but he's one of the only ones to talk any sense over it. Come to think of it,he's the only one to talk sense over most things.

Its hard to admit isn't it?

He's been spot on for the most part.

And as a footballer the way he celebrated that Manc win that day.

He had every right.

Thats what its all about.

If you don't have that, what's the point in any of it?

However he has it quite easy because the general football media is a sea of cunts.

I've only got a problem with these pundits opinions when they seem to have memory loss, Souness in particular.

How many manure pundits are there on TV fanning the flames of crises, blowing stuff out of proportion, legitimizing knee jerk, irrational pieces in the press?

This is part of the reason we have such a hard time doing damage limitation. Any journo can write any old shit and you can bet your bottom $ there is some ex-liverpool player somewhere who will stand-up the story. Lend it the veneer of respectability to the 95% of fans who aren't liverpool.

From Redknapp shit-stirring the Gerrard-Benitez issues, to Souness and Thompson this time round. The bottom line is these guys care more about their media profile than they do the club. That is a fact, and I despise them for it.

How many manure pundits are there on TV fanning the flames of crises, blowing stuff out of proportion, legitimizing knee jerk, irrational pieces in the press?

This is part of the reason we have such a hard time doing damage limitation. Any journo can write any old shit and you can bet your bottom $ there is some ex-liverpool player somewhere who will stand-up the story. Lend it the veneer of respectability to the 95% of fans who aren't liverpool.

From Redknapp shit-stirring the Gerrard-Benitez issues, to Souness and Thompson this time round. The bottom line is these guys care more about their media profile than they do the club. That is a fact, and I despise them for it.

Plenty of ex-Liverpool players too, that's what they're paid for, and I find it despicable at times but they are happy to take the money, that is their choice rightly or wrongly.

As for damage limitation I agree with you but we don't help ourselves either. We should adopt a siege mentality and shut up shop. As for journalists in general they are the lowest of the low and love nothing more than stirring the shit, truth is irrelivant to them.

All the ex-players have a right to an opinion, some are obviously bitter and some just don't seem to care about the club. Opinions are entitled, lying, bullshitting and hypocrisy are not.

We have friendas in the media, plenty of good journalists at top selling papers, maybe a campaign to clear up our perceived image by our media savvy experts at the club might help.

Lot's of ammunition to fire at us over the years but in the end it boils down to jealousy over 25 years of success.

And as a footballer the way he celebrated that Manc win that day.

He had every right.

Thats what its all about.

Easy now, let's not go overboard. I was at the cup tie in 99 when he literally ran from the halfway line not to celebrate a dramatic last minute winner with his team-mates or his own fans but to run past his own goal to goad the Liverpool supporters. He was eventually pulled away by that paragon of virtue and fairplay Peter Pinknose - which says a lot.

He also ran along the Kemlyn Road touchline giving it the finger along with Beckham when he scored a freekick one time.

None of this was caught on camera. Or it probably was, but they didn't bother showing it which tells its own story.

He may be fairminded now he's retired but he was motivated 100% by his absolute hatred of all things Liverpool.

For those who ever wondered why he got his own little Anfield song, these are just two reasons. We could add the "If you all hate scousers clap your hands" as well as that celebration mentioned above to that charge sheet too.

Phil Thompson nearly ran me over on Tithebarn Street years ago. He was arguing with some woman and driving dead fast.

Haha - a mate of mine had to dive out of the way of the on-coming Jan Molby back in December 1986. He was also driving dead fast but was also most likely "full of Christmas cheer".

Pleased I missed this.

I don't want to dislike Thommo, but he's going about it the right way.

Silly blert needs to keep it closed from now on. I can understand in that studio he couldn't possibly win any sort of argument about us, as the others all seem so against us - with the exception of Merson occasionally. But that said - he doesn't need to side with them to keep the peace. I bet deep down he doesn't feel this way - but feels backed into a corner, and has to go with the majority - and to look as impartial as a pundit should.

Sometimes its better to say nothing Phil, you should remember that.