You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What 'round' did Suarez come back from his ban. It's not like we didn't have a £35m striker of the managers choice to call on. If only Rodgers had another striker he bought for £35m.

His ban did not start long after the mancs game, but the fact is that Suarez scored 4 goals in his first 7 games.

In his next 17 he scored 2 goals.

And in his last 7 he scored 5 goals.

Some might argue that Suarez was a bit affected of the whole episode for large parts of the season.

What's your point, Code? You want Kenny back?

He's not going to come back. You are probably best to move on.

My point is that I dont understand where the simple acceptance of mediocrity comes from.

What is going on, when did it become acceptable for a Liverpool team to find themselves at the lower end of the table for such long periods as we have this season?

To me its totally unacceptable, simple as that.

We have beaten 6 teams after half the season is finished, 3 of them are newly promoted, one of them came up last season, another one is always relegation fighting Wigan and Fulham who always struggle away from home.

Where are the results to bring hope?

My point is that I dont understand where the simple acceptance of mediocrity comes

No-one likes where we are at the moment, Code. It doesn't even really need saying.

It just depends on what you think the way forward is. Keep sacking managers or give one - Rodgers or someone else - time to see the job through.

There is no quick fix, whether the guy in charge is Rodgers, Benitez or whoever your particular flavour of the month is.

My point is that I dont understand where the simple acceptance of mediocrity comes from.

What is going on, when did it become acceptable for a Liverpool team to find themselves at the lower end of the table for such long periods as we have this season?

To me its totally unacceptable, simple as that.

We have beaten 6 teams after half the season is finished, 3 of them are newly promoted, one of them came up last season, another one is always relegation fighting Wigan and Fulham who always struggle away from home.

Where are the results to bring hope?

You do know that acceptable and acceptance are two completely different things don't you?

No-one likes where we are at the moment, Code. It doesn't even really need saying.

It just depends on what you think the way forward is. Keep sacking managers or give one - Rodgers or someone else - time to see the job through.

There is no quick fix, whether the guy in charge is Rodgers, Benitez or whoever your particular flavour of the month is.

Sacking good managers is not a good policy, sacking poor ones will always get my support.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sacking good managers is not a good policy, sacking poor ones will always get my support.

So now you're advocating Rodgers' sacking, yeah? After all you've been saying he's 'shite' all day.

I rarely agree with Code but i actually find his assessment of Rodgers spot on. Rodgers said before this season that he learned at Reading how getting results can not be compromized in order to implement a playing philosophy. Later he said that Carroll should leave because he would never switch to a plan B, he just tries to make plan A work somehow. The two are in my opinion mutually exclusive. I have stated earlier that i am not one to call for heads, and i will always support whoever is in charge as the team is better off from it. But i fear Rodgers is not able to take us forward.

It really doesn't. No offence mate but I think you need a break from here for a while, you're pissing just about everybody off.

I will not give my acceptance to mediocrity like those fans who sit on their hands watching our new owners ruin this club by lowering expectations trying to save themselves to the top bringing in a rookie manager and rookie players while being run by a rookie football board to save money.

You have given up mate so at least let those of us who still care enough about to get angry actually be that without someone trying to tell me I should accept what is going on infront of me when we are going nowhere but backwards.

You did not really sit back and enjoy what happened under Hodgson did you, well Rodgers is Hodgson with a sweet mouth.

Yep. But the problem there is that it's entirely subjective trying to decide that after six months.

We'll have a better idea in May.

I have never said I want him sacked either, I'm just commenting on our regress under him as the season goes on.

I'll give him this first season and if we come to May and dont qualify for Europe he should go unless something extrordinary have happened to justify giving him another year.

I have never said I want him sacked either, I'm just commenting on our regress under him as the season goes on.

I'll give him this first season and if we come to May and dont qualify for Europe he should go unless something extrordinary have happened to justify giving him another year.

Do you think Hodgson should have been given longer than six months, then?

I will not give my acceptance to mediocrity like those fans who sit on their hands watching our new owners ruin this club by lowering expectations trying to save themselves to the top bringing in a rookie manager and rookie players while being run by a rookie football board to save money.

You have given up mate so at least let those of us who still care enough about to get angry actually be that without someone trying to tell me I should accept what is going on infront of me when we are going nowhere but backwards.

You did not really sit back and enjoy what happened under Hodgson did you, well Rodgers is Hodgson with a sweet mouth.

You just don't get it at all do you? We are SHITE, absolutely SHITE. This is in no small measure down to the absolute Kings ransom that Dalglish (who you somehow seem to think did a good job) wiped his arse with. So now we are where we are, you have no choice but to ACCEPT that fact because it is what it is, a FACT. The issue now is how we get ourselves out of the hole we're in. Nobody knows how, that's the rub of it. Rodgers may or may not be the answer but it's way, way too early to judge, he needs to be at least given a chance and some financial backing before we know. Shrieking and screaming like a fucking schoolgirl after every setback will take us nowhere. Nobody likes where we are, so shut the fuck up with this acceptable bollocks, it's acceptable to nobody. As for Hodgson, despite the fact he had 30 years of nothingness under his belt he apologised to "Sir Alex" for taking the job, so I really don't need to take that one any further.

You just don't get it at all do you? We are SHITE, absolutely SHITE. This is in no small measure down to the absolute Kings ransom that Dalglish (who you somehow seem to think did a good job) wiped his arse with.

Hank's not answering so I'll ask you instead.

Who signed Joe Cole?

Do you think Hodgson should have been given longer than six months, then?

I was dead against Hodgsons appointment from the day we were linked to him, but when everyone was screaming about us being relegation candidates sohe needed to go I said that was total bollocks and we would never get relegated with Hodgson in charge that season so I could have easily let him seen it out like I will have no problem with letting Rodgers seeing it out as I think its unlikely we will get in a relegation battle.

I was happy when he got sacked though and even more happy when we brought Kenny back.

As you might notice only around 25% have said they would be sad if Rodgers got sacked and that is pretty telling dont you think?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Hank's not answering so I'll ask you instead.

Who signed Joe Cole?

It's a pointless question. Kenny said it was his choice of player. I'd concede he likely didn't negotiate the final price, but he'd have known what was going on and still wanted the player. My point was simply that he had a big money striker he wanted. Rodgers doesn't have one available.