You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Yeah thought Sturridge would be central after Rodgers last interview with the fans.

He said similar comments about what he wanted as a number 9 and Suarez could be used as a number 10 or wide.

I think he is right, as Suarez will get goals regardless where he plays. Sturridge should give us more threat on the counter attack with his pace and he'll be in the box when at times Suarez isn't when he is central.

Uruguay international Suarez, 25, has scored 18 goals in 27 appearances for Liverpool this season operating as a lone striker but Rodgers believes he can be equally effective in other positions.

"This has been the plan for a few months," Rodgers added. "[At Ajax] he also played as a reverse winger from the left side. He wasn't quite out wide, he was tucked in round the corner.

Anyone?

Guest San Don
No

Is that right?

Is there a registration cut off that we missed? I thought one player per club who had played in the CL (did he?) could sign for and play in the EL?

Anyone?

the rest of that interview spoke of having a narrow front 3 with full backs bombing on.

I think he means we'll play with 3 forwards as opposed to 1 through the middle and two out wide. well when borini comes back we'll prob be narrower up front. until then it will be sterling wide right, sturridge through the middle with suarez on the left but closer to the centre than the wing.

I think suarez will be allowed to do whatever he wants.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Left foot, right foot, inside the box, outside the box. He has more than a passing resemblance to Anelka in the way he plays.

C3fz2eU-0HE

i hope he starts tommrow get a goal and build he,s confidence will he start next sunday against the DIRT?

His replacement at Chelsea got 2 against Premier League opposition today, so you'd think that would really be the minimum requirement against non-entities like Mansfield.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
His replacement at Chelsea got 2 against Premier League opposition today, so you'd think that would really be the minimum requirement against non-entities like Mansfield.

Are you sure that's the way this works?

You really are one of the most miserable and depressive posters out there. You need to talk to someone.

We pay £13m for a Chelsea reserve, Chelsea pay £7.5m for the 3rd top goalscorer in the PL.

It's the Liverpool Way.

We pay £13m for a Chelsea reserve, Chelsea pay £7.5m for the 3rd top goalscorer in the PL.

It's the Liverpool Way.

Hi. Shut the fuck up you shithouse cunt.

Sturridge: 12m fee. 3m a year for 4.5 years. 25.5m in total.

Ba: 7.5m fee, 5m agents fee, 5m a year for 4.5 years. 35m in total.

Sturridge is 23. Ba is 27 and crocked in both knees.

While I am not in agreement with Xerxes, Ba has done alright the past 2-3 years with 2 crocked knees.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I wanted Ba, but there's talk of the clause only applying to top 4. Also, Sturridge has a similar goals per minute ratio, and did it from the right.

He wasn't a Chelsea reserve because he wasn't good enough to play, but because the owner's 50m project started regardless.

I think we've been very clever this time.

Don't bother talking any sense on here, it'll be ignored mate.

Ba would have been such a short-sighted signing appointment its unreal.

People also forget that Ba scored 2 goals yesterday with Mata, Hazard, Moses, et al around him. Indeed, one of his goals was a 1 yard tap in after excellent work by Mata.

Coming here and playing alongside Sterling and being quite responsible for not only scoring, but creating is a different story. Sturridge is by far the better option for us.

Guest ShoePiss

Not arsed that we've signed Sturridge rather than Ba but this thing about his knee exploding at any moment makes me laugh, he's played nearly 200 games since that botched op on his knee.

If this post puts the mockers on it I can live with that too.