You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Well, it's not a massive shock we've spent loads on agent fees; we've spent out loads on transfers in that time. Quite probably more outgoing than any other club outside Chelsea and City.

You're right, we are the third highest spenders since 2008, but I'm not sure why we're using that period as a frame of reference. Coro is the only person who's mentioned it.

The figures for agents' fees that were publicised recently cover the period from October 2011 to September 2012. I'd like to know why we were the second highest when we were comfortably outspent by United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs in that period.

That's why I posed it as a question, I'm not sure. But after that insulting shit they pulled with the letter after deadline day, I'm not really inclined to give FSG the benefit of the doubt when it comes to PR.

It could equally be Ayre doing it without their knowledge I guess.

Even if they did brief the papers, isn't that the right thing to do?

Nothing wrong with driving to drive down the agents fees.

would be interesting to see the reactions to Sturridge/Gameiro if you switched their nationalities...

Haven't seen enough of Gameiro to comment, but Sturridge is 23 and achieved fuck all in his career. A good few months on loan at Bolton and one little scoring run at Chelsea and that's it. Contract nearly up, nobody else is in for him - how the fuck can he be worth £12m?

What's wrong with the likes of Huntelaar, Ba and Llorente?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You're right, we are the third highest spenders since 2008, but I'm not sure why we're using that period as a frame of reference. Coro is the only person who's mentioned it.

I was just going off the article Hitman posted. That was what I was replying to.

They are all central strikers.

It appears Rodgers wants Suarez central and would like to get two players who can play either side of him, hence Sturridge and Ince being linked.

Haven't seen enough of Gameiro to comment, but Sturridge is 23 and achieved fuck all in his career. A good few months on loan at Bolton and one little scoring run at Chelsea and that's it. Contract nearly up, nobody else is in for him - how the fuck can he be worth £12m?

These players are aiming higher than us and their agents sure as hell would be steering them away from us even if they were interested. Besides FSG wouldn't be willing to meet their wage demands.

Even if they did brief the papers, isn't that the right thing to do?

Nothing wrong with driving to drive down the agents fees.

The part I had a problem with wasn't highlighting how much we'd paid out to agents. It was the attempt to blame Comolli for something which on the face of it, he doesn't appear to be responsible for.

The part I had a problem with wasn't highlighting how much we'd paid out to agents. It was the attempt to blame Comolli for something which on the face of it, he doesn't appear to be responsible for.

Fair enough.

Sturridge has had 2 substantial runs in the first team in his career, an excellent spell at Bolton and the good run at Chelsea, its not his fault the owner insists on playing big money signings ahead of him to try justify throwing 50million down the shitter

Sky reporting that a certain Ricardo Quaresma has been released 6 months early from his contract.

And somewhere north of London, a lazy lob-on appears.

Quick, delete this before Code sees it and we're neck deep in a Quaresma/Sturridge stat-off....

They are all central strikers.

It appears Rodgers wants Suarez central and would like to get two players who can play either side of him, hence Sturridge and Ince being linked.

Also, we had no chance of getting Llorente in the first place. Huntelaar is too old. Ba may have been a possibility but as you say, he is more of a central striker and we are looking at players who are more suited to playing either side of Suarez. Why people spent months debating the merits of players like these I have no idea.

Ayre et al are a complete joke. All the shit about agents, wanting to know his place in the team bollocks. If any of that hadn't already been discussed and finalised by the end of November then we are the biggest wanker negotiators in the history of wanker negotiators.

If the agents have pulled a few of these out the bag last minute after been asked ,more than once, if everything out, then we should walk away immediately.

Sounds like David Villa might be going on loan to Swansea of all places, if betting patterns is anything to go by. He has gone from 40 - 1 to 2 - 1 on Skybet.

Source:

David Villa cut for Swansea move | Betting Zone | Betting Tips, Betting Previews, Betting News, Betting Odds

I'd be pretty fucking amazed if this is true.

We'd been insane not to be in for him. His best mate is Pepe so it's not like the club wouldn't know anything about his situation. He'd be here like a shot if we wanted him.

I`d pay £12 for him to sell programmes, and thats it!

Read a report today (probably just bullsh*t) that Carroll is on his way back to us in January due to him being injured alot at the Hammers & they'll want to save the £90k a week that they're paying him.

It also goes on to say that Newcastle will be willing to offer Demba Ba & cash to bring him back to St James' Park,if the Newcastle part is true then we should be ready to seal the deal.

Read a report today (probably just bullsh*t) that Carroll is on his way back to us in January due to him being injured alot at the Hammers & they'll want to save the £90k a week that they're paying him.

It also goes on to say that Newcastle will be willing to offer Demba Ba & cash to bring him back to St James' Park,if the Newcastle part is true then we should be ready to seal the deal.

Surely we wouldnt be stupid enough to insert a clause allowing West Ham to send him back. They have loaned him for a year so they should keep him.

Surely we wouldnt be stupid enough to insert a clause allowing West Ham to send him back. They have loaned him for a year so they should keep him.

I was thinking the same but our transfer dealings recently haven't filled me with great confidence, even when Borini got injured there were reports that we would recall Carroll in January but I thought that we wouldn't be able to.

Just the same way that the media were saying if West Ham stay up that they would have to buy Carroll for a reported £20m, find that hard to believe, as they could easily stay up this season without Carroll scoring in the rest of the season but I'd find it hard to believe they would commit to spending the £20m on him with having 1 goal to his name.