You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton fans

dravid

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this could be the basis of some sort of reconciliation between us and the bitters & mancs. One of the things that's made me fall out with the sport is the depths of the shithousery fans have started going to just to piss eachother off. Each chant perpetuates and breeds hatred and it's got to stop.

They'll always be dirty mancs and bitter bastards and what have you but the chants should never stoop to the levels they have in recent years. And that includes any of the rats in our ranks singing munich chants. Disgusting.

If there is any reconciliation though I think it'll be a Northern thing. I don't see the Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs supporters of this world growing up any time soon.

Agreed. There definitely seems to have been a small rise in vile behaviour in recent years but the Hillsborough news should do what it should have done 23 years ago and make every fan in the country sit up and realise that it could have been any one of them, and the reason we've made such a big deal of it is because we knew all along what went on. A lot of fans of other clubs have always blamed us, either behind cupped hands or publically, well they now know what went on and who was to blame and they now know that circumstances, mistakes, and negligence could have meant their number being called instead. In the same way I wouldn't ever sing about Munich, because that was such a tragic and unfortunate accident that cost the lives of innocent people, I would expect them to not sing about innocent people being killed doing what many do every week. It should unite fans; I really hope it does bring some understanding at the very least.

(As an aside, I saw the press conference with Alex Ferguson and he was questioned about it and spoke of drawing a line under the fierce rivalry between fans, which I think is good - humanity definitely needs to be reignited in the world of football).

I really hope this could be the basis of some sort of reconciliation between us and the bitters & mancs. One of the things that's made me fall out with the sport is the depths of the shithousery fans have started going to just to piss eachother off. Each chant perpetuates and breeds hatred and it's got to stop.

They'll always be dirty mancs and bitter bastards and what have you but the chants should never stoop to the levels they have in recent years. And that includes any of the rats in our ranks singing munich chants. Disgusting.

If there is any reconciliation though I think it'll be a Northern thing. I don't see the Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs supporters of this world growing up any time soon.

Do you seriously think that the reason these simpletons chant this bile care whether or not was/ is based in truth?.I seriously doubt it.

There may be a brief respite, but I don't think that recent events will change much in the long run.

Munich and Hillsborough chants are both abhorrent but also completely incomparable.The important thing for me in this,is that the truth has finally been confirmed.How other fans feel about that is irrelevant to me.

It would be great if the derby atmosphere could go back to how it was in the mid 80's

How great would that be. The derby game at Anfield this year was an eyeopener of how many beauts attach themselves to both clubs these days. The lot of the probably off their heads on coke after spending their days reading some cockney hoolie book which consists of stories of how they brought an elite bunch of hardmen the neck and breath of the country in the 70's and 80's and how they took every stand including the Kop and the Stretford with 50 of the facking hardest geezers in the East End end blah blah blah.

The Everton fans are the same as us. I always look out for them to win if we don't. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I love my city and I actually would rather the Blues (bitter shites that they are!!) winning than clubs from other places.

From what I'm hearing there'll be a banner on the Park End and according to some on Red Cafe, they're trying to put something in motion for our game

There s loads supposed to be going on at most grounds tomorrow.

The really big one is for fans at all grounds to start the justice for the 96 chant at 3.06pm tomorrow.

If there is any reconciliation though I think it'll be a Northern thing. I don't see the Chelsea' date=' Arsenal and Spurs supporters of this world growing up any time soon.[/quote']

As far as fans go, I absolutely fucking loathe Chelsea after what them cunts done in the cup.

Saying that, when they knocked us out of the Champions league a few years ago at Stamford bridge, a few old school Chelsea fans were saying things like "respect for tomorrow", and "respect for the 96" after the game, as the memorial was the next day.

Ben Smith at the BBC heard it and tweeted about it.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Victory for #MUFC but sadly there were some chants during the first half at OT that football can do without. Madness

He's also apparently asked United for a response.

Coxy ‏@Thecoxs

@BenSmithBBC You able to ask SAF about it ?

7m Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

@Thecoxs I will yes. Have asked club for a response

I hope all the media pick up on it.

Whilst the vile rednosed jock cont is pontificating about both sets of supporters singing vile chants at eachother he might like to have a word with some of his players who were singing "without killing anyone" on the pitch in Moscow. Vile fucking club, vile supporters, vile manager. After today, fuck them.

From the beeb:

Man Utd 'deplore' fans' anti-Liverpool chanting

By Ben Smith BBC Sport at Old Trafford

Manchester United have condemned a series of tasteless chants heard during their 4-0 win over Wigan on Saturday.

A minority of home supporters taunted Liverpool fans in the early minutes at Old Trafford, ignoring boss Sir Alex Ferguson's pleas for calm following a report into the Hillsborough disaster.

United released a statement after the match in response to the incidents.

"The club deplore it. The manager has made the club's position very clear on this matter," a statement read.

"It is now up to the fans to respect that."

Ferguson takes his team to Anfield next weekend for the first Liverpool home game since the findings of an independent panel investigating the Hillsborough disaster were published this week.

Liverpool supporters were cleared of blame over the deaths of 96 people in 1989, with the panel laying the blame with South Yorkshire Police.

Play media

FA makes 'full and unreserved' Hillsborough apology

United supporters took to social media networks after the match to play down the significance of the songs, claiming that while they had been aimed at Liverpool, they related only to fallout from the Luis Suarez-Patrice Evra race row last season.

However, with the timing of the chants, the issue is particularly sensitive. The chant, which includes the words "It's never your fault, it's never your fault, always the victims, it's never your fault," was heard from a section of fans in the Stretford End early in the match.

The Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) later issued a statement saying that it agreed "100%" with Ferguson's pre-match words, but that the chants heard against Wigan were not about the Hillsborough disaster.

"Following this week's developments and release of revelatory information on the Hillsborough tragedy, MUST wishes to make it absolutely clear that just as we condemn chants mocking the Munich air disaster we also condemn any chants relating to Hillsborough or indeed any other human tragedy," said MUST chief executive Duncan Drasdo.

"We did hear the usual anti-Liverpool chants at the match today but we're pleased to say, despite some reports to the contrary, there was nothing that was specifically referencing Hillsborough.

"Any attempt to suggest otherwise is irresponsible given the forthcoming fixture between the clubs and furthermore risks needlessly upsetting the bereaved families further at a time when they are understandably trying to find closure.

"We enjoy a fierce rivalry but these issues transcend that rivalry. We agree 100% with the statement made by Sir Alex Ferguson - this is the time for supporters of these two great clubs to represent their clubs with the integrity and honour that our glorious history demands."

On Friday, Ferguson said he hoped both sets of supporters would "draw a line in the sand" in their heated rivalry, which has also seen some Liverpool fans mock United over the deaths of eight players in the 1958 Munich air crash.

"I think what will happen for that Liverpool game, I think there is such a focus on it at the moment, fans will be on their best behaviour," Ferguson said.

"I think it's a moment for those two great clubs to show why they're two great clubs. I don't anticipate any problems."

The bits in bold are fucking ridiculous. They sing their vile songs en masse and then when the press and their own fucking club calls them out on it they put their hands in the air and say "But sir! We didn't even use the word Hillsborough!"

Vile fucking cunts, hope we smash the shit out of them next week (on the football pitch of course) but sadly it looks like it might go the other way.

Oh right, it's about Suarez is it? So why sing it yesterday, at home to Wigan, when Suarez was playing hours later 100 miles away?

Fucking cunts. They knew exactly what they were doing. Thankfully, a hell of a lot of decent mancs have come out and slammed them.