You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish Leaves Liverpool.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one positive. If Ian Ayres is the only senior staff member to survives the cull, it will probably result in the hapless oddity xerxes having an aneurysm

I was the one who called it right last night Brenda;)

As usual if you want the right call- follow me.

5Live are reporting that FSG are saying that Ayre remains and is an " essential part of our plans". I will leave you to celebrate on your own. Your devotion to the shirt salesman is rather quaint.

Can't help thinking this has something to do with the Suarez stuff as everyone who was involved i.e DoF, Director of Communication, Head Lawyer and Kenny now gone. Hope Luis isn't next. Fucking gutted and I hope they have someone experienced with a track record lined up

FSG better have a serious game plan - manager, DoF and CEO need to be appointed ASAP - if they are serious it will be a manager with CL and League titles under his belt - if it is martinez,lambert,rodgers etc we are fucked, plain and simple

This is the worst I've felt about the club since KD left previously. It may be for the best, and it may turn out ok, but I'm not sure it will drag me along with it. I really admire Dalglish and he is my strongest bond with the club. Absolutely miserable this evening.

Exactly how I feel aswell. Kenny was my childhood hero, I feel that this is a final farewell to the club I started to support many years ago. I was very anxious about Kenny's return, because I feared this day would eventually come. I don't think this modern football is for me anymore.

Have people forgotten Liverpool's history?

Bill Shankly was relative nobody before he came to Liverpool.

Why NOT give a young manager the chance? (and the time of course).

Of course, you might argue that times have changed (and they have) but for every 1 'big name' manager success, there's another 10 examples where a big name didn't work out.

It's a bit of lottery no matter WHO you go with. Guardiola is no more a guarantee of success than Steve Bruce. Where the big names CAN help is attracting top players, but for that you'll need money and the promise of CL too.

I applaud the person who suggested starting over. Sadly, the owners have no interest in Liverpool per se, only the profits or the least costly exit strategy (should they come to the conclusion that there's no money to be made from you).

IF, and it's a huge IF any semblance of Liverpool's good name and history is going to be reflected in their next managerial appointment, then I think Roberto Martinez has typified the class and dignity that you might expect from a future Liverpool manager.

People are investing far too much stock in managers who've 'proven' themselves with big name clubs. I'd personally invest more effort in finding managers who've got a bit of spirit in them and a passion to defy the odds.

Sadly, FSG will be the ones deciding, and they have even shorter patience than fans. It doesn't bode well.

Hard to type about this without sounding soft but I am honestly shocked.

I did believe he would get another season, but it was probably more hope.

The guy has been my hero since I was 5 so I guess my feelings are just.

Tomorrow is a new day and we must move on, we were in a terrible state 18 months ago, The King transformed everything, sure we lost at ot and drew the derby but we went about with our heads up for the first time in a long time.

The game is in a bad way when a player can go golfing for 6 months in a season and Roy is in charge of england.

Thanks Kenny.

Of course, you might argue that times have changed (and they have) but for every 1 'big name' manager success, there's another 10 examples where a big name didn't work out.

It's a bit of lottery no matter WHO you go with. Guardiola is no more a guarantee of success than Steve Bruce. Where the big names CAN help is attracting top players, but for that you'll need money and the promise of CL too.

I applaud the person who suggested starting over. Sadly, the owners have no interest in Liverpool per se, only the profits or the least costly exit strategy (should they come to the conclusion that there's no money to be made from you).

IF, and it's a huge IF any semblance of Liverpool's good name and history is going to be reflected in their next managerial appointment, then I think Roberto Martinez has typified the class and dignity that you might expect from a future Liverpool manager.

People are investing far too much stock in managers who've 'proven' themselves with big name clubs. I'd personally invest more effort in finding managers who've got a bit of spirit in them and a passion to defy the odds.

Sadly, FSG will be the ones deciding, and they have even shorter patience than fans. It doesn't bode well.

We aren't a second division club anymore.

We won the biggest trophy in club football 7 years ago.

This is the beginning of the end for our new yanks!

No football director, no manager, plus 90 % of other administration sacked!

They better have a manager lined up who meet our ambition or there will be new demonstrations come next season....

Who the hell is supposed to handle our transfers this summer? The minute other teams are making their business and we're stranded with no strategy, targets or ideas of who to let go, blood will start to boil, and they can sure as hell expect their honeymoon to be over!

To me, the way they have sacked management and replaced older well paid players with younger ones with less ability and salary, it seems they are lowering costs to make a profit and have shown no ambition whatsoever as owners....

They need to get this appointment right and spend money or they can fuck off as far as I am concerned...

Kenny didn't have a leg to stand on in terms of the league form/performances/league position.

The thing that really is gonna fuck a lot of people off is if he's sacked so that Martinez or Villa Boas comes in.

If that happens, we're gonna go even further backwards.

I'm fucking shitting it this is gonna happen.

The problem with that is, who is advising them on football matters. They only people left are Ayre and Werner, and between them they haven't got a fucking clue!

A few rumours about that Dein is the man FSG are listening to. Could be bollocks but it sounds plausible, even if it's just in an unofficial, freelance advisory capacity. Didn't his tour coincide roughly with Comolli's departure?

Looking at how they've played this, i think the decision to remove Kenny was made some time ago, probably when Comolli went, the potential cup double being his only path to safety. EL was secured and CL was distant at that point, exactly how we ended the season. Their minds were probably made up then.

Christ i hope they've got someone decent lined up, just looking at the media reaction there's not a man who thinks Martinez will be up to the job, so anyone of that calibre can expect to be under the microscope from all angles - fans and media.

Can't we just leave the manager's position vacant? We could put in a know-it-all fan each week and fire them afterwards.

Can't help thinking this has something to do with the Suarez stuff as everyone who was involved i.e DoF, Director of Communication, Head Lawyer and Kenny now gone. Hope Luis isn't next. Fucking gutted and I hope they have someone experienced with a track record lined up

That'll be the day, when the Yanks sell Suarez this summer! Don't expect them to safely return to Anfield ever after....

Excuse me, but I don't think that I can accept that our own fans are putting forward Roberto Martinez as a replacement, so hearing it from a City fan is even more disrespectful and sickening. Not because of the money you've spent, but that if Mancini was just fired, you'd be laughing at other people suggesting a replacement manager to come in and manage a team with our history with no CV of having ever won anything in any league.

A sad day.

Lets face it though, this season has been a disaster. Not only has an incredible amount of money been wasted but the performances have been terrible too. Maybe Kenny should have had one more season but I cant say I had complete faith in him turning it around.

At the end of the day FSG are the owners and they obviously wont tolerate what they perceive to be underachievment. Whether it is the correct decision remains to be seen but I wont be making judgment until a new manager has been appointed and we can see if they really mean business or not.

We've been ruled by our hearts for far too long at this football club and the game has moved a long way from when we were last truly successful.

Let's see what FSG's next move is.

Who advises them on underachievement though? It's not as if the have a clue about the game itself!

The only manager to lift my spirits right now is Bielsa! Give him a 5 year contract and money to burn!!!!

We aren't a second division club anymore.

We won the biggest trophy in club football 7 years ago.

Yes. That's 7 years ago. And this year we pipped Fulham to 8th place. I think some people would be surprised how unattractive we'd seem to the best young managers. Why the fuck anyone would think that the likes of Klopp would leave his 80,000 fans a week, champions league football and homeland for Liverpool is beyond me.

It's like when Rafa was sacked a couple of years ago for me. Things seemed to have gone wrong under him and I wasn't convinced he could turn things round but I only wanted him replaced if they had someone very good to replace him or I couldn't see the point. We ended up with Hodgson and actually made things worst. I'm not sure if Kenny could have turned things round next season but I don't think he'd have done any worst than someone like Martinez if he comes in. Really hope this talk of an approach for another Premier League manager is just media rubbish because i can't think of a single realistic one who would be up to the job.

How much money have been wasted on compensations by the owners now? 8 million to Woy, Kenny? Commolli?, all the others?

Probably enough to have bought Banega, Ericsen or Diego - bloody depressing....

Probably the only reason they talk about a young manager is that he'll be cheap....

They'll go for a media friendly manager.

Good PR = Money for these cunts.Fuck winning trophies.

Before the FA Cup final I described Kenny's career as being on the cusp. History winning double manager on the one hand - this years Alex McLeish on the other (little did I realise how prescient an observation that would be).

Now it is the club on the cusp.

The club could appoint a top flight CEO, DOF and manager and announce a new stadium - and we would be good to go for the 21st century.

Here's hoping.