You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, just like the good old days. Just need a philly sketch and a momo meltdown and the circle will be complete.

We've had a full-on "Satan" meltdown, and FrenchEyeGlass is doing his level best to annoy everybody with random insults and vague insinuations, so I think we're getting there!

Who fancies getting their crayons out?

We've had a full-on "Satan" meltdown, and FrenchEyeGlass is doing his level best to annoy everybody with random insults and vague insinuations, so I think we're getting there!

I have thrown a few of them in there to be fair.

But I also given a fair few reasoned, well argued posts which I can't say for others.

Or the Fanning who was one of only 2 journalists who regularly slated Hicks & Gillette while the vast majority still thought they were fine, including the vast majority of our fan base.

I'm not arsed about the thing he apologised for because I do think Carra told the CEO he wanted Benitez out, but I also don't think there is a single thing wrong with that as I firmly believe Carra is allowed an opinion just like any of our senior pro's like Stevie or Pepe also. In fact I think it's funny that people think Carra and Stevie didn't assist in the removal of Benitez by ensuring the CEO knew exactly how they as the senior pro's felt.

I find the hatred thing of people once the step out of the party line once to be funny.

Johnny I was a fan of fanning's work and quite often put his articles up here about H&G but the 2010/11 season it all became about his obsession with Rafa and went into overdrive after his weekend in Milan. He printed non stop bollocks about Carra not just his opinion on Rafa, hence legal action was taken. But for me the low point was September 2010 we were 2 down to united and he was given loads on twitter saying "I hope LFC fans are happy now Benitez is gone" and that type of shit, this from an alleged fan

Guest ShoePiss

ALONSO

Spot on article.

We've been a cup side for twenty years and are ultimately of little more importance than a mid table side, which is exactly what we are.

Question for the supporters is do we want to really change, modernise, become a heck of a lot more commercial and frankly less of a community?

Johnny I was a fan of fanning's work and quite often put his articles up here about H&G but the 2010/11 season it all became about his obsession with Rafa and went into overdrive after his weekend in Milan. He printed non stop bollocks about Carra not just his opinion on Rafa, hence legal action was taken. But for me the low point was September 2010 we were 2 down to united and he was given loads on twitter saying "I hope LFC fans are happy now Benitez is gone" and that type of shit, this from an alleged fan

Yep, he definitely was a big fan of Benitez, but I don't hold that against him. A lot of people felt wronged with the departure of Benitez and more so who was brought in to replace him.

Personally I don't think he wrote not stop bollocks about Carra, just repeated the same thing when he wrote about the departure of Benitez. He had to apologise because there was no way of proving it, but as I say, anyone who thinks Carra didn't express his feelings that he wanted Rafa gone are, in my opinion, wrong. Again, I don't think there's anything wrong with what Carra did though.

Anyway, we could go back and forth for ever. For my money, a lot of people wrote, said, and did a lot worse then show support for the last manager but one.

Also, did we ever get to the end of that very strong claim that Purslow was showing texts from Carra and Stevie about their dislike of Benitez?

While even Bascombe was saying we should cut H&G some slack, only Reade and Fanning were regularly writing scathing articles and keeping the issue in the public domain. They can upset who they want with their views on former managers, or comments on current players actions, but I'll always respect and like them for fighting the good fight as the vast majority sat on their hands.

Never a middle ground with Liverpool fans though. You're a cunt or a hero.

Yep, he definitely was a big fan of Benitez, but I don't hold that against him. A lot of people felt wronged with the departure of Benitez and more so who was brought in to replace him.

Personally I don't think he wrote not stop bollocks about Carra, just repeated the same thing when he wrote about the departure of Benitez. He had to apologise because there was no way of proving it, but as I say, anyone who thinks Carra didn't express his feelings that he wanted Rafa gone are, in my opinion, wrong. Again, I don't think there's anything wrong with what Carra did though.

Anyway, we could go back and forth for ever. For my money, a lot of people wrote, said, and did a lot worse then show support for the last manager but one.

Also, did we ever get to the end of that very strong claim that Purslow was showing texts from Carra and Stevie about their dislike of Benitez?

I am but a mere fan Johnny so I wouldn't know the answer to the last question.

The whole Benitez sides for and against caused such a devide I don't think it'll be repaired for a generation, and our recent bad form despite winning a trophy 4 weeks ago is just given pro Rafa people a chance to bring it up again, even if we win FA cup some people will still class this as a bad season

Guest ShoePiss

Carra fucking hated Benitez, even if you didn't know him personally you'd get that from his book. Especially when he said he'd most likely punch Benitez if he was in a pub with him because he thinks he knows everything.

It's very likely that what Fanning said is correct given the background to the story, big deal.

As for Purslow sharing private text messages about Benitez from current Liverpool players with members of the ramblers association, Graham Smith I believe challenged anyone to prove it wasn't true.

While even Bascombe was saying we should cut H&G some slack, only Reade and Fanning were regularly writing scathing articles and keeping the issue in the public domain. They can upset who they want with their views on former managers, or comments on current players actions, but I'll always respect and like them for fighting the good fight as the vast majority sat on their hands.

Spot on.

Carra fucking hated Benitez, even if you didn't know him personally you'd get that from his book. Especially when he said he'd most likely punch Benitez if he was in a pub with him because he thinks he knows everything.

It's very likely that what Fanning said is correct given the background to the story, big deal.

As for Purslow sharing private text messages about Benitez from current Liverpool players with members of the ramblers association, Graham Smith I believe challenged anyone to prove it wasn't true.

Maybe Graham Smith be better trying to prove it was true given he suggested it wouldn't you say and I doubt he'd any access to personal phones of the parties mentioned as would any regular fan.

If Fanning was correct why didn't he take his chance in court rather than bottle it and offer a retraction, he's now labeled a liar after that, I know if I'd said something I believed was true and printed I wouldn't back down if it was challenged, Fanning lost a lot of credibility that day.

And I agree with johnny he did a lot of work against H&G and deserves thanks for it

I don't see or hear delusion from the manager or an expectation that we should be higher than we are

"Even so, he challenged the media directly at Melwood the other day, saying: ‘If anyone thinks that the return we’ve had is a true reflection of the way we’ve played then speak up now.’ According to the Liverpool Echo"

Maybe Graham Smith be better trying to prove it was true given he suggested it wouldn't you say and I doubt he'd any access to personal phones of the parties mentioned as would any regular fan.

He didn't claim to have access to personal phones; he claimed being shown a text.

If Fanning was correct why didn't he take his chance in court rather than bottle it and offer a retraction, he's now labeled a liar after that, I know if I'd said something I believed was true and printed I wouldn't back down if it was challenged, Fanning lost a lot of credibility that day

Probably because he could not prove it. Being right, and being proven right in court are two very, very different things.

If Fanning was correct why didn't he take his chance in court rather than bottle it and offer a retraction, he's now labeled a liar after that, I know if I'd said something I believed was true and printed I wouldn't back down if it was challenged, Fanning lost a lot of credibility that day

so do you think Carra never passed comment to Purslow that he'd be happy if Rafa was gone? Do you not think Purslow would have asked this question of Carra, or Stevie or Pepe? Honestly?

As for going to court? I doubt Carra wrote a memo to Purslow, so no way of proving it so any court case would have been pointless. I don't see the issue anyway. Of course Carra and Stevie would have said something to Purslow. Why shouldn't they? There the Captain and vice-Captain. Parry confirmed he spoke to them about appointing Rafa, so why the shock that the new CEspray speak to them about removing a manager?

He didn't claim to have access to personal phones; he claimed being shown a text.

Probably because he could not prove it. Being right, and being proven right in court are two very, very different things.

Shown a text by who? One of the mentioned parties mentioned? Not a fuckin chance.

I could write put a text saying to the fernando Torres of finance "I hate that Rafa" from Stevie G, does that mean it's genuine?

Because (A) He probably couldnt be fucking arsed and (B) his employers wouldn't let him.

Carragher was instrumental in getting rid of Rafa. It's patently obvious. He also refused to play at right back when the team needed him most.

Some Liverpool "fans" will sit there and say good on him! They'll mutter fuck that fat spanish cunt! Then they'll sit back down, turn on Sky and call John Terry and Lampard a bunch of cunts for getting rid of AVB. Or Tevez a cunt for refusing to play for Mancini.

Funny world, eh.

Edit: And lest I forget, we must remember that Roy Keane a cunt for wanting to break Haaland's leg, but our Carra is a legend for wanting to do Lucas Neill in.

so do you think Carra never passed comment to Purslow that he'd be happy if Rafa was gone? Do you not think Purslow would have asked this question of Carra, or Stevie or Pepe? Honestly?

As for going to court? I doubt Carra wrote a memo to Purslow, so no way of proving it so any court case would have been pointless.

I'm sure there was conversations, but Johnny the article from fanning that Carra was a poison in the dressing room Kenny Dalglish needs to get rid off, that wasn't based on opinion was it