You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As regards bascombe's article, I dont have an axe to grind with him but, it has the smell of sensationalism about it, that it is meant to whip up a frenzy amongst some fans to turn against the King.

Some dullard was on LFC.tv tonight saying would people give the manager time to get it right if the manager wasnt Dalglish. I mean come on FFS. We've generally played some damn good football this season but we havent turned that into goals and hence better results.

Some people need to step back and realise LFC doesnt have a god given right to wipe the floor with anyone. It needs hard work. Some people are complaining the King has stuck with the same players for the last few games so its his fault they are tired.

Except if he had of changed the team regularly, they'd be whinging he wasnt playing a settled side. People cant have it both ways (but some seem to want that).

You underestimate our support if you think that any newspaper report is going to whip up a frenzy against any Liverpool manager – we make up our own minds.

The “we have been playing good football but not scoring goals and not getting enough points” is Kenny’s line – and one which is wearing thin. That’s great for the mythical “playing good football but not scoring goals and getting enough points” league table – but it is the PL one that counts. Currently Kenny is on a worse run, game for game than Hodgson, and the worse home run since 1953.that would have any other manager under severe pressure.

The “tired players” issue is not about rotation. Players that are up for it don’t get tired . Those that are not, do. Some on here were celebrating us not being in Europe so that we could “concentrate on the league” – is the league a bit much too for the players now? Perhaps they could play friendlies in the “scoring goals and winning games doesn’t matter” league?

I am still backing Kenny. I am certain that he will be here next season, and the one after that. I do want him to do his job. I do want him to sort out our attacking play. I don’t want him to play one up front, at home, against Wigan Athletic. I do want him and Comolli to do some trading in the summer – even if that means admitting transfer mistakes. I also want him to get the best out of some very good players that we already have on our books. Like you, I wasn’t expecting a title or top four tilt. I do expect this team to be able to hold onto a 2-0 lead at QPR, beat Wigan at home, score more goals than Blackburn and defeat Cardiff City in open play over 120 mins.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying people can have an opinion. Don't have to agree with it. I'll never understand the hatred of Benitez, but people are allowed feel that way.

Yep.

It annoys the fucking shite out of me sometimes, but still, each to their own.

blind prejudice, almost complete ignorance, coupled with an unhealthily large helping of denial.

Fuck me,

I don't think I've ever seen a more classic case of the kettle calling the pot black arse!!!!!!!!

I'm genuinely fuckin staggered by your hypocrisy!!

Rafa is not the problem, he came in did a good job the first couple of seasons before he had painted the squad completely in his own image and he was sacked when he had nothing more to offer and had gone 4 years without a trophy.

The problem is the clueless idiots who follow him around like a brainwashed cult, without them he would hardly ever be brought up anywhere as he is largly insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Rafa is not the problem, he came in did a good job the first couple of seasons before he had painted the squad completely in his own image and he was sacked when he had nothing more to offer and had gone 4 years without a trophy.

The problem is the clueless idiots who follow him around like a brainwashed cult, without them he would hardly ever be brought up anywhere as he is largly insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

1. Hmmm, what I'd do for a manager now that will do such a bad job that we get to another CL final and get our highest ever PL points tally, making our only genuine title charge the last 20 years. Because that's what you are saying right?

2. Must.resist.joke

Considering he one of only three managers to have won us the european cup, I reckon people will be talking about him for a good while yet. Long after you've gone.

Guest ShoePiss
Considering he one of only three managers to have won us the european cup, I reckon people will be talking about him for a good while yet. Long after you've gone.

If his domestic league and home town team weren't utter shit he wouldn't be here anyway. Let's say Viking were competing well in the Champions league, we'd have never come across chode72.

Absolute fact.

If his domestic league and home town team weren't utter shit he wouldn't be here anyway. Let's say Viking were competing in the Champions league, we'd have never come across chode72.

Absolute fact.

So thats a fact is it?

Why oh why would I ever support Viking?

I have lived in Stavanger for 12 years, I have been a Liverpool supporter for 30+ years.

I watched my first English 1st division match long before I watched a Norwegian 1st division match, you really have no idea about the standing English football have in Norway do you?

Kenny or Rafa....hmmmmm. My, my that is tough.

I'd rather Dalglish was given a 10 year contract than have Rafa back here.

Me too. You thought it was a good idea to sack a european cup winning manager the season after getting 86 points in the league and then put roy hodgson in charge. You are clueless. I understand how people that have done a good job are supposed to be treated. You don't.

Some things never change, Christ some of you are fucking tedious. You'll still be having the same old arguments you have, countless times, each month as soon as someone mentions both former managers?.

It's 2012, for fucks sake. Get a grip of yourselves and grow up.

Guest ShoePiss
So thats a fact is it?

Why oh why would I ever support Viking?

I have lived in Stavanger for 12 years, I have been a Liverpool supporter for 30+ years.

I watched my first English 1st division match long before I watched a Norwegian 1st division match, you really have no idea about the standing English football have in Norway do you?

Well it doesn't have to be Viking, it could be any of them. Your home town team, or the one closest if your village doesn't have a professional one.

Yeah you did that because Norwegian football is shite and so is your home town team. If they weren't shite, let's say they were a mainstay in the CL then you wouldn't be supporting Liverpool.

Fact.

Me too. You thought it was a good idea to sack a european cup winning manager the season after getting 86 points in the league and then put roy hodgson in charge. You are clueless. I understand how people that have done a good job are supposed to be treated. You don't.

A season that he got involved in a load of shite he shouldn't have been involved in and just, you know, managed the club and not gone sucking up to Hicks (Brian Reade said so) A season that we finished 7th in the league. Knocked out of a piss easy CL group, beaten by Reading in the FA Cup and sold arguably the player of the year from the year before that was a massive reason we finished 2nd. Fell out with a shit load of senior players, not just Stevie and Carra either, his time really was at an end here. We were playing like we were tired, he looked tired. Just one of those cycles that had to end.

He only had himself to blame. Crying it in about money and players he didn't get even now. Show me a manager who gets everything he wants? It wasn't until years later we learned Roy Evans was refused Desailly and Sheringham money because he kept his counsel at the time for the good of the club. He was as guilty as Hicks, Gillett, Purslow etc for airing dirty linen in public. His pal Dan Walker even made a crack about him bringing up net spend again on FF recently. He's obviously bored of it too now.

Guest ShoePiss
A season that he got involved in a load of shite he shouldn't have been involved in and just, you know, managed the club and not gone sucking up to Hicks (Brian Reade said so) A season that we finished 7th in the league. Knocked out of a piss easy CL group, beaten by Reading in the FA Cup and sold arguably the player of the year from the year before that was a massive reason we finished 2nd. Fell out with a shit load of senior players, not just Stevie and Carra either, his time really was at an end here. We were playing like we were tired, he looked tired. Just one of those cycles that had to end.

He only had himself to blame. Crying it in about money and players he didn't get even now. Show me a manager who gets everything he wants? It wasn't until years later we learned Roy Evans was refused Desailly and Sheringham money because he kept his counsel. His pal Dan Walker even made a crack about him bringing up net spend again on FF recently. He's obviously bored of it too now.

A brilliant manager and shouldn't have been fired.

Hodsgon is a fucking tit and shouldn't have been anywhere near us, ever.