You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

QPR The four year plan.

Caramac

I honestly expected it to be worse the way it was talked up. Dont get me wrong some of it was shocking to almost the point of hilarity, and its far from the right way to run a club. But they did achieve their goal of EPL at the end of the day, so you could argue that the methods used were quite effective i suppose?

I bet the situation at Chelsea is not too different.

I could only think of the situation under Hicks and Gillett when seeing the behaviour of Briatore and his underlings.

Incredible that some of our own still jump to the defense of such interfering, poorly qualified moneymen.

Guest ShoePiss
I use torrents now but have you ever tried Expat Shield? I used it before with Firefox and Adblock and it worked okay, when you start it up it gives you free UK IP address until you log back off.

Cheers mate I'll give that a try.

Anyone else think the bit where Flavio is talking to that sleazeball of a sporting director (Baldini, i think), about them signing Faurlin illegally because of third party owbership, is massively staged. Flavio is playing dumb saying "what is this all about? Are we in any trouble" Baldini starts saying "we have done nothing wrong the FA have got everything" so Flavio asks why are we being investigated if we haven't done anything wrong and the FA have everything. Baldini seems to get on to to Flavio trying to put the blame on him so starts saying he doesn't deal with the legals the office do. "So then why are you telling everything is fine when it's not and you don't know.

That Baldini is everything that's wrong with football at the moment but it was hilarious watching him. He is like Flavio's Phil Neal in the impossible job with Graham Taylor.

Its not Baldini its Palladini, Baldini is Capello's ex right hand man and now DOF at Roma

I didnt think it was staged, I just think it shows what a grotesque human being Briatore is, giving someone he's close (supposed to be close) to pure loads

Ye I agree with you. What I mean about it being staged is that they must have discussed it before deciding to film that scene. In that bit it looks as though they both meant to sit there acting dumb saying what's happened then suddenly Briatore starts trying to pin the blame on Palladini. In turn Palladini being the absolute arse licker he is starts flapping badly.

He is definitely not close to him. It's like Briatore is Mr Burns and Palladini is Smithers. It's comical.

The bit when Sousa plays one man up front after they've had that meeting about negative tactics and Palladini starts ringing Briatore to grass Sousa up is absolutely brilliant as well. It just makes Palladini out to be an absolute weasel.

Funny how they sing about Briatore being a wanker (which he clearly is) and then in comes Colin Wanker who ends up being the hero alongside Bhatia.

That Palladini fella is clearly one of those vultures of modern football who hasn't got a clue what they are doing but are only in the game to line their own pockets.

Wow,compulsive viewing.

So many points to make.

What an absolutely clueless cunt that Briatore is and Paladini too.

I actually think that Amit Bhatia and his brother are ok for foreign owners and are quite pragmatic in their outlook of running a club.

As much as I hate him,Warnock was ideal for a club like theirs and he is a perfect championship level manager.

QPR also need to realise that their target should all be about stability for a few years.

Finally,how refreshing to see 'our friends' at the FA continuing with their total incompetence in the running of football again.

Paladini summed them up when he told Briatore that everything was in order with the transfer but they would probably get a fine anyway for a perceived breach of their rules. Probable is the magic word in the way those clowns run the sport.

I actually think that Amit Bhatia and his brother are ok for foreign owners and are quite pragmatic in their outlook of running a club.

Agree with that. Bhatia conducted himself at a level leagues aboue Paladini, a great example being when, despite the team starting to win a few games, Palladini was ready to sit in the stand slagging off the players as "idiots and morons" when Bhatoi leaned across and advised him that it was a shit idea and he should start being positive. At one point, QPR were 6 points clear, and because they drew a game, Paladini was kicking the chairs in the stand and shouting "WHAT AN IDIOT, THAT F-ING COACH' ...

Bloody compulsive viewing though, and a real eye opener to what is probably going on over at Chelski.

You say that about Bhatia but he was in it to line his pockets too he just knew that perception is the mother of all new ownerships

Take that 'boutique' bit, replace that with 'franchise' and you've got Hicks apologising for saying that, Bhatia just wanted to look good whilst taking the dough.

another thing which suprised me was Mittal is like top 10 in the world richest men and he's getting them to cut players from the squad to save 200k

Rich people with no connection to football just dont get that its a bottomless pit, if you can get self reliant then thats as good as it gets

Flavio Briatore really came across as the stereotypical trigger-happy Italian chairman. It was telling that he's bullshitted over the phone (don't know who he was speaking to) about the reasons for Paulo Sousa's sacking, totally oblivious to his hypocrisy in openly badmouthing various people behind their backs. Gianni Paladini came across as somebody too easily influenced by those with money such as Briatore, and seemed conflicted in his loyalties because I think he genuinely wanted the club to do well. Amit Bhatia carried himself as a voice of reason throughout and seemed to be the one both trying to do the right thing, as well as being seen to do the right thing. He looked like a good people person, though obvious he wanted good publicity for himself all the time.

As awful as the owners made themselves to look at times, it's probably a drop in the ocean compared to club owners like Enrico Preziosi and Luciano Gaucci in Italy, not to mention guys like Dmitri Piturman or the now-deceased Jesus Gil in Spain. I read in a recent issue of World Soccer about a chap called Bulat Chagaev, who owned a club called Neuchatel Xamax (once managed by the owl) in Switzerland. The stuff he did over there makes Flavio Briatore look like a model owner (which to be fair he probably is, because there is no way all those fit women would hang around with him if he wasn't rich).

Makes you wander about Cecil when he was allegedly showing people texts slagging off Rafa and co. at a dinner with SOS. Is what we saw in the documentary an accurate snapshot of the football world?

Pure car crash tv, amazing access and amazing still they allowed the bbc full editorial control. To be fair when cutting costs the flowers are first to go.

Some ace moments particulary when he tells warnock not to sell anyone and when he walks off turns to his partner and tells him. " let him enjoy today, I'll tell him Monday he has to sell someone"

I can imagine our club wasn't far from all that at times.

You say that about Bhatia but he was in it to line his pockets too he just knew that perception is the mother of all new ownerships

Take that 'boutique' bit, replace that with 'franchise' and you've got Hicks apologising for saying that, Bhatia just wanted to look good whilst taking the dough.

another thing which suprised me was Mittal is like top 10 in the world richest men and he's getting them to cut players from the squad to save 200k

Rich people with no connection to football just dont get that its a bottomless pit, if you can get self reliant then thats as good as it gets

The Bhatia's only own 33% so it seems they are in it for the slightly longer term than others as they seem happy to help out whoever is in charge.

He does appear to enjoy the publicity but was always the one willing to face the fans when the shit hit the fan unlike all the other dickheads.

I had to laugh when they were trying to save costs by not having as many flowers in VIP boxes on match days and reducing the menus by a pound or two to under £10 a head.

Seemed a bit like I'd expect our current government to discuss their cost cutting measures for the rest of us.