You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They were all for a structure that included a DoF (eg.Comolli) which initially ruled out Rodgers.

They talk about long term strategy but seem very much about the short term. I guess that's the nature of a businessman.

I meant right from the start. A young, up and coming manager, who'd look for young and up and coming players. That's good business and good football.

I think they wanted somebody like Comolli to cover their own lack of knowledge of football. Right theory, wrong man. Weren't you against a DoF anyway? Would be crass to hammer them for not doing something you were originally against, no?

Back to Joe Allen. I think people will do a little sex wee when they first see him pick the ball up and run at the defence with it, then slide Suarez in for a goal. I've already done a sex wee.

Anyway, if Rodgers does secure all three of his (remaining) top targets: Joe Allen, Clint Dempsey and Borini, will everyone be happy with that?

If we start the season with no right winger I will explode. So it's a no from me.

I meant right from the start. A young, up and coming manager, who'd look for young and up and coming players. That's good business and good football.

I think they wanted somebody like Comolli to cover their own lack of knowledge of football. Right theory, wrong man. Weren't you against a DoF anyway? Would be crass to hammer them for not doing something you were originally against, no?

You contradict. They wanted an upcoming manager from the start but also a DoF to cover their own lack of knowledge?

I was against the appointment of Comolli not the role he was taking on.

Now we have an inexperienced/up and coming coach, however which way you want to spin it with owners lacking knowledge of the game and a commercial director poorly imitating an MD.

Thus far they've altered the window dressing every 6 months or so.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You contradict. They wanted an upcoming manager from the start but also a DoF to cover their own lack of knowledge?

That's not a contradiction. You can want a type of manager - their ideology - without having the knowledge of who fulfils that brief.

I was against the appointment of Comolli not the role he was taking on.

Now we have an inexperienced/up and coming coach, however which way you want to spin it with owners lacking knowledge of the game and a commercial director poorly imitating an MD.

Thus far they've altered the window dressing every 6 months or so.

I'm not really interested in another conversation about the owners, as this is a thread about transfers and meal times.

I'm happy with the likes of Borini and Allen.

That's not a contradiction. You can want a type of manager - their ideology - without having the knowledge of who fulfils that brief.

I'm not really interested in another conversation about the owners, as this is a thread about transfers and meal times.

I'm happy with the likes of Borini and Allen.

How can you have an ideology of something you know little about?

How can you ignore talk of the owners when discussing transfers?

How much have you seen of Borini?

You leave us with more questions than answers.

A bit like FSG.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How can you have an ideology of something you know little about?

Quite easily. If went to the States and purchased a baseball or basketball club, my ethos would be similar. I'd want the value of young and upcoming players, with a hungry manager. I'd also want somebody to help me out. Somebody who really knew the game.

How can you ignore talk of the owners when discussing transfers?

You're talking about an MD. It's not really relevant to talking about the merits of Allen, who you've barely mentioned.

How much have you seen of Borini?

Who's Borini. Never 'eard of 'im.

You leave us with more questions than answers.

A bit like FSG.

Ah, you're intent on being a shithouse again, aren't you? Who are this 'us'? Why do you pretend to talk for everybody else? Do you believe it gives you gravitas?

Hurry up an' call me stupid, threaten to beat me up and we can get back to the subject at hand.

This Caroll malarky is pissing me off, the Independent claims that we will accept a loss of £20m, but would struggle to get £15m for him! Sorry but, we won't struggle to get that at all.

It makes no sense to loan him out to West Ham if there is concerns about his playing style, keep him and see how he progresses, part of Rodgers of job (an increasingly important part) is improving players and getting the best out of them.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a winger, but it needs to be an attacking midfielder familiar with the right side of a forward three.

I think I read somewhere that Borini can fill that right side role, maybe that is Rodgers intention. Bellamy - Suarez - Borini could be a dangerous forward three, with Downing, Sterling, Carroll, Cole/Maxi as back-up.

We still need more creativity from midfield, and I guess someone has to be shipped out as well. Adam, Carroll (hope not), Aquilani, Cole/Maxi (one of them has to go) is first in line to go i reckon. Don't think all of them will be shipped out, but maybe 1 or to 2. Would like Aquilani to stay but I don't think he will unless he gets rid of his sulky girlfriend who apparantly wants to live in Italy.

Behave yourself Ronnie, they were genuine questions and all very much relevant.

Did you have a lunchbox?

I did, back in the day (80's) packed lunches were all the rage in Arnott Street!

I cannot remember what is was though, although I remember the Vimto, Peanut Butter, and some shitty biscuit from Kwik Save.

Have to agree any of Allen, Dempsey and Borini will just further clog up the squad with averageness.

They simply aren't worth bringing in because the amount they'd improve the squad is minimal.It's bringing new faces in for the sake of it.

If we haven't been able to identify or attract players who'd make a significant difference this summer, then for fuck's sake Rodgers, keep the cash in your pocket until January or next summer and buy someone decent then instead of wasting it on such disheartening shite.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Have to agree any of Allen, Dempsey and Borini will just further clog up the squad with averageness.

Would you honestly say Borini and Allen are average?

Quite easily. If went to the States and purchased a baseball or basketball club, my ethos would be similar. I'd want the value of young and upcoming players, with a hungry manager. I'd also want somebody to help me out. Somebody who really knew the game.

You're talking about an MD. It's not really relevant to talking about the merits of Allen, who you've barely mentioned.

Who's Borini. Never 'eard of 'im.

Ah, you're intent on being a shithouse again, aren't you? Who are this 'us'? Why do you pretend to talk for everybody else? Do you believe it gives you gravitas?

Hurry up and call me stupid, threaten to call me and we can get back to the subject at hand.

You'd have to know more about baseball or basketball to know what could prove successful. You're taking some leap whilst contradicting yourself. Everyone wants a hungry manager... (ha, i don't even know what that means) you'd have a better picture of what the ideal manager is with a decent knowledge of the game.

I don't know who our targets are but Ian Ayre is in a position of responsibility to see that those targets are signed, what with him being MD.

Borini, the lad from Roma.

I'm not talking for everyone else, i'm just making the cheeky assumption that others are reading this thread, looking at your posts, blinking ...

I'm not speaking for everyone here but if i was you i'd knock this internet lark on the head because you're not coming across very well at all.

We were very much on the subject at hand but now you seem a bit wound up.

Kendra ‏@kLFCreds

"Looks like we got the Striker from Roma." - John W. Henry via @LFCBoston

Retweeted by Empire of the Kop

Collapse

Reply Retweet Favorite

RETWEETS

5:01 AM - 11 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone · DetailsScouse Not English ‏@ScouseNotEng

John W Henry: "We got that guy from Roma" - @LFCBoston reporting the Reds have completed a deal for Fabio Borini

Retweeted by LFC Boston

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

I did, back in the day (80's) packed lunches were all the rage in Arnott Street!

I cannot remember what is was though, although I remember the Vimto, Peanut Butter, and some shitty biscuit from Kwik Save.

I can remember mine was red with a yellow handle. There was a cartoon on it but cant for the life of me remember who or what it was. Could have been the Mr Men.

Everyone opening their boxes at the same time and those dining rooms used to honk.

If he is going to be play a variant of 433, then I don't think we need an out and out striker, Suarez, Caroll and Bellamy can all play the single role, but unless he sees Sterling and Suso making a big impact this year then we need an attacking right sided player. If you want someone young, Moses, Zaha or the lad from Birmingham whose name escapes me. But get a right fucking forward with pace, for the love of god.

If you don't have any money give Flamini a two year deal, to provide cover because Spearing isn't close to being good enough.