You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This seems fair enough. Any staging of classic plays, opera or ballets or whatever is going to involve a bit of interpretation, so if you stick to the maxim "don't be a cunt" you'll probably be alright.

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-59527811&h=AT1GVWLJyDdQLNgLYbG12PTfweEEXm9HGjaS_MhhqbaH0KkohDgYfPIWkhrsvbHGuzEivef1sgbVq4c9J7ZpwoG_IYL6qDDMO63J88lwaTZeiiE8BM9oNurRDx7gsL5wWA

On 25/06/2021 at 16:04, Nelly-Torres said:

22 and a half years for Chauvin. 

Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer who was convicted in April on state murder charges for killing George Floyd, pleaded guilty to federal civil rights charges at a change of plea hearing Wednesday in US District Court in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Chauvin also admitted guilt in a separate case in which he was accused of using similar tactics on a Minneapolis 14-year-old in 2017.

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Taking it to the right thread...

Stronts is a horrible, lying racist gobshite.

You've gone well beyond the point of parody.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is because I was critical of advocacy of violence in religious scripture. Yes, really. I wish I was joking.

32 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You've gone well beyond the point of parody.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is because I was critical of advocacy of violence in religious scripture. Yes, really. I wish I was joking.

I wish you were joking, but you're not; you're lying.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I wish you were joking, but you're not; you're lying.

People can, and should, judge for themselves, where they will see that I'm criticising scripture and you have called me a racist for it:

Tory Cabinet Thread - Page 159 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way

35 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People can, and should, judge for themselves, where they will see that I'm criticising scripture and you have called me a racist for it:

Tory Cabinet Thread - Page 159 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way

You were misrepresenting scripture; y'know, the way the racists do.

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Easy ‘mistake’ to make, I mean tens of millions make the same one.  

Do they, though? Because even the infamous 13 countries that reportedly have a death penalty for atheism on their statute books don't impose any blanket  "convert to Islam or we'll kill you" policies.

There are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. They're not coming to get us.

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Evidence? Calling someone a racist is quite a serious accusation. 

Over on the other thread that he's linked to. I mentioned some of the horrible lying shit that racists come up with to stir up fear and hatred of Muslims and Stronts weighed in with all the lying arguments that those racists (whom he refuses to even acknowledge are racists) use.

Maybe it's too much to say "Stronts is a racist" so I'll retract that and apologise. (If I remember rightly, he was one of the few who called out the "Gypos" thread for the racist abomination that it was, so he's not a complete cunt.)

It's fairer to say that, in this instance, Stronts is making a dishonest, racist argument.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's fairer to say that, in this instance, Stronts is making a dishonest, racist argument.

I'm not even close to doing that. I'm just attacking religion, which I believe to be the most toxic influence on our planet.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm not even close to doing that. I'm just attacking religion, which I believe to be the most toxic influence on our planet.

I've mentioned before that when someone points out that something you've said or done is racist, the best thing to do is reflect on it, instead of any knee-jerk defensiveness, doubling-down on what you've said or trying to squirm out of it by pretending that you said something else.

27 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've mentioned before that when someone points out that something you've said or done is racist, the best thing to do is reflect on it, instead of any knee-jerk defensiveness, doubling-down on what you've said or trying to squirm out of it by pretending that you said something else.

It's never racist to criticise religion or religious people. Happy to help.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's never racist to criticise religion or religious people. Happy to help.

It's always racist to side with the likes of the EDL when they lie to stir up fear and hatred of minorities.

Jesus. Could you for once in your life please stop being such a smug, cloth-eared dullard and try listening and self-reflection; it's the only way to learn.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's always racist to side with the likes of the EDL when they lie to stir up fear and hatred of minorities.

Jesus. Could you for once in your life please stop being such a smug, cloth-eared dullard and try listening and self-reflection; it's the only way to learn.

The fact you are characterising criticism of religion as "siding with the EDL" just proves it's not me who is being smug and cloth-eared.