You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Haven't read much on this today but I don't see how a "report" can state something with such absolute certainty. 

"Hi are you institutionally racist?"

"No"

"Great, carry on."

I know Kurtz won't like this but the Tories, and particularly Johnson, have set the cause of equality back decades, when you're seen to throw around casual racist language and lazy, empire era stereotypes and not only face no repercussions but take the top job in the land, it sends a message and emboldens cunts.

Farage is hugely to blame too as are the media outlets that enabled him them realised they could make bank out of "controversial" comments by poundshop versions.

Javed and Patel (ironically) never helped matters by the imagery they chose to project, standing on patrol boats guarding against the invading brown hordes.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Farage is hugely to blame too as are the media outlets that enabled him them realised they could make bank out of "controversial" comments by poundshop versions.

That'll be the same media who went to question Johnson about the racist statements he'd been making and cheerfully allowed themselves to get fobbed off with a tray of tea and biscuits. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s an awkward fact for your argument but the current cabinet is the most ethnically and religious diverse collection of senior government ministers in the history of Western Europe, probably the world.  Whatever your politics I think this is something to celebrate. This diversity in Government would have been unthinkable even 10 years ago so the idea that johnson has taken us back to the 1970s is just nonsense. 

A fair point if they were picked for their ethnic diversity and to ensure representation for the different ethnicities they represent. But, the reality is that they were all picked for their unquestioning loyalty to the PM. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A fair point if they were picked for their ethnic diversity and to ensure representation for the different ethnicities they represent. But, the reality is that they were all picked for their unquestioning loyalty to the PM. 

Amazing that a cabinet is picked along political lines. 

3 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Not entirely surprising that a report into racism in the UK under this government is entirely whitewashed.

Also not surprising @Strongtium Dogmatic's and @Colonel Kuntz's comments either!

If the U.K. is racist (which I think you are saying). Then why am I supposed to care about all these racist fuckers? 

There is a huge racist undertone in the Uk and the likes of the Daily Mail have slyly exploited it to help not only get Brexit voted for but also ensure that far too many already bought into it will remain patriotic even when it all goes to shit. It's all a masterplan. 

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If the U.K. is racist (which I think you are saying). Then why am I supposed to care about all these racist fuckers? 

Eh? Not sure what you mean here.  You mean you don't care if they are being racist or not as it doesn't affect you, or you don't care if racism exists?

But fine, if they UK isn't racist (which is what I think you are saying), we're all fine!

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What?

I’m constantly told that being selfish is bad, and that I should think about other people. It turns out the other people are a bunch of racists. Why should I care about them?  Then we throw the fact that they generally support Brexit, are stupid, etc etc. Seems like the ‘other people’ aren’t very nice. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m constantly told that being selfish is bad, and that I should think about other people. It turns out the other people are a bunch of racists. Why should I care about them?  Then we throw the fact that they generally support Brexit, are stupid, etc etc. Seems like the ‘other people’ aren’t very nice. 

When you say "it turns out the other people are a bunch of racists" are you suggesting that people are claiming everyone is racist? Because you know that, Avenue Q notwithstanding, that's not something that anyone is really claiming.

If you're not suggesting that... it's still no clearer what you are suggesting.