You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The harsh facts are, we are shyte in midfield, we are easily dominated and over run by progressive teams with midfields who can pass and move. It has to be the most ponderous lfc midfields in living memory.

The harsh facts are Dalglish has bought terribly in the summer. Three signings in Adam,Downing and henderson that equate to the signings Ged make in 2002 in Diao,Diouf and Cheyrou. Shocking it has to be said. What is it about liverpool and managers with lousy eyes for players. We bought British to beat the likes Norwich and Swansea.

Andy Carroll for 35M was a panic buy after the Torres sale. the club panicked as the new owners were only in the door and had to act and save face with the fans. and with only hours left in the January window they went for the supposed best english young talent. Carool is not conducive to pass and move football.

We had the fiinance to propell us since Jan and we have bought terribly. That's the bottom line. We will never ever learn

Edited by Mitch

Embarrassing post from a poster who is not at all interested in Liverpool FC except to vindicate his own (frequently misguided) opinions, to increase his own conceit, and to propagate his own internet persona - which bizarrely revolves around attacking anyone and everyone who disagrees with him and being obsessed with Lucas. You manic narcissist.

And if you're going to take yourself as seriously as you do, get your fucking toys back in the pram you hysterical fanny.

Summed up perfectly

I noticed you called Lucas a cunt in the match thread silverlining.

You thick shithouse cunt. I'd knock you out if I ever met you, you little weasel.

There would be a cue round the block behind you m8

I hope Lucas is here as captain for the rest of his career and then manager for forty years just to piss you off you horrible rodent silverlinin

Guest SpiderLucas

People are saying the squad is'nt good enough, it is. In fact we’ve easily got the 4th best squad in the Premier League, what’s is the system and players Kenny picks week in week out.

People are saying the squad is'nt good enough, it is. In fact we’ve easily got the 4th best squad in the Premier League, what’s is the system and players Kenny picks week in week out.

Agree with that. Many of the problems this season are not because we're shite, they're of our own making.

4-4-2 formations with the wrong personnel to play that long-since outdated system, Henderson on the right instead of Dirk where the game passes him by, an inability to act decisively when we're struggling in games (i.e. late subs), players picked on pricetag and/or reputation rather than form and a pondorous midfield two leaving us wide open to a midfield three.

That's a bit harsh on Kenny who's done a good job since coming in, but we're not doing ourselves justice at the moment.

Guest SpiderLucas
Agree with that. Many of the problems this season are not because we're shite, they're of our own making.

4-4-2 formations with the wrong personnel to play that long-since outdated system, Henderson on the right instead of Dirk where the game passes him by, an inability to act decisively when we're struggling in games (i.e. late subs), players picked on pricetag and/or reputation rather than form and a pondorous midfield two leaving us wide open to a midfield three.

That's a bit harsh on Kenny who's done a good job since coming in, but we're not doing ourselves justice at the moment.

I disagree with that but agree with everything else.

Our midfield 2 is being overrun so add a 3rd midfielder it’s not complicated. 4-4-2 hasn’t worked since the 90s, which coincidently is the same time Dalglish last managed.

Kenny hasn’t moved with the times, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 are the formations to play at the moment and I think we have the players to play both, effectively.

All of which I've been saying for ages:

1) We won't finish in the Top 4 because we don't have a very good side

2) Lucas and Adam is possibly the worst CM partnership in the Premiership

3) We've wasted £120m on ordinary transfers

4) We need Lucas out of the first team immediately. He is truly, truly shite.

5) Henderson is a fucking embarrassment at RM, and should be played centrally or - preferably - not at all

6) We need a dominant CM who can hold the side together

7) we still lack pace and penetration and without Suarez we would be below West Brom

8) Our best signings have cost us £6m and £0m.

Wakey wakey

Wakey, Wakey, people! Don't be deluded by the fact that, with a quarter of the season gone, we're only 3 points from a CL place (despite missing our best player for almost all of the season so far and despite having new players trying to gel as a team). The Truth is that Liverpool are shit and will probably be relegated. This is the Truth, because Silverlining has pronounced it so. Anybody who disagrees with Silverlining is a cunt and will be cast into the fiery pit on the Day of Judgement.

Fuckwittery of the highest order. Even by your normal, woeful standards, this is a truly, dreadful post.

I think I could have a good go at arguing with most of them, but really what's the point? You'll only disagree and call me mean names.

A quick stab anyway:

1) An improvement in performance could well still see us finish top four.

2) Equally, possibly not. Look at some of the ones in the bottom half of the table.

3) Not all of it was wasted.

4) He's not actually shite, but I would agree if you said he wasn't great. He arguably does have a place in the team, although not for all of our games.

5) I think not playing him at all might be going a bit far. He has some promise as a central midfielder, although I agree he is poor at right mid.

6) That would be my preference too, but there is one title winning elephant in the league.

7) Bellamy offers pace and penetration. We should play him more. I certainly agree that Suarez is key to our play. I'm not having it that we would be fifteenth without him though. Even under Hodgson we were better than that eventually.

8 ) If you are talking about summer signings, then that one is indeed hard to argue.

I think I could have a good go at arguing with most of them, but really what's the point? You'll only disagree and call me mean names.

A quick stab anyway:

1) An improvement in performance could well still see us finish top four.

2) Equally, possibly not. Look at some of the ones in the bottom half of the table.

3) Not all of it was wasted.

4) He's not actually shite, but I would agree if you said he wasn't great. He arguably does have a place in the team, although not for all of our games.

5) I think not playing him at all might be going a bit far. He has some promise as a central midfielder, although I agree he is poor at right mid.

6) That would be my preference too, but there is one title winning elephant in the league.

7) Bellamy offers pace and penetration. We should play him more. I certainly agree that Suarez is key to our play. I'm not having it that we would be fifteenth without him though. Even under Hodgson we were better than that eventually.

8 ) If you are talking about summer signings, then that one is indeed hard to argue.

And all without being a frothing embarassing spastic!

How easy was that?

Not that I think you would be a frothing spastic, but there was a LOT of it about last night.

Ooh I want a go.

1) You're probably correct. We've still got the 6th best team in the league, like last year. The most pleasing element of our transfers was the shit we got rid off. Squad possibly a bit deeper, not convinced the first team is any better. But we're still in with a shout as there is only one exceptional side in the league.

2) Its not great. But there is no need for us to be playing with two central midfielders. Its generally not something any good teams do, and it certainly doesn't suit our squad. You rate Adam, but not Lucas. Me, the other way round.

3) Suarez, Coates and Enrique cost about £35m between them. Brilliant business. Bellamy was a good signing, I'm hoping we start to play him. The rest, at best, the jury is still out. Our buy British policy has its limitations. Mainly that the British players that would be/were available to us (not at our rivals) aren't very good.

4) For whom? Henderson? Spearing? They're worse players. I know you're utterly obsessed with Lucas, to the point of Code levels of mental, but he's quite good. Even just okay, if you prefer. We need, and will, play a holding midfielder. Gerrard is going to play further forward, Lucas is the next best holding midfielder. So he'll play.

5) I have absolutely no idea what Henderson does. He appears to just run around a lot. Although he's probably a better CM than RM, I feel we'd do even worse if he was playing CM in a 4-4-2 next to Adam. That would be one of the worst central midfield partnerships in the country.

6) I don't think so. Barcelona don't have one. Neither do Real Madrid. United? Not really. City play with two holding, so although De Jong and Toure are the imposing type of players you're referring to, its more to do with their formation and style of football that allows them to dominate games. For e.g, we'd improve if Lucas and Spearing sat, did all the dirty work, and let the front four do the sexy stuff. Unfortunately the front four, apart from Suarez, have been rubbish.

7) This is the most worrying aspect of the season for me. Towards the end of last year we were playing as a team, you could see a clear style of football, and it was working. Now it seems if Suarez doesn't produce, we don't. Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy should be playing more.

8) Correct. Not sure what it indicates though.

Argue with some of the points then, because most - if not all - are 100% accurate.

Everything you have written is either your personal opinion or a speculative prediction. None of these statements even claim to be facts, so how could anyone describe them as "100% accurate"?

Never mind. I'll play along.

We are currently 3 points away from the top 4, without hitting our stride.

2) Lucas and Adam is possibly the worst CM partnership in the Premiership.

No they're not. Lots of people who know about football acknowledge how effective Lucas has become and recognise Adam's ability to pick out a pass and to strike a dead ball. Most teams would kill for such a pairing.

3) We've wasted £120m on ordinary transfers.

No idea where you're getting your numbers from, or who you include in that £120m. Do you describe Carroll, Suarez, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Henderson and Coates as all "ordinary"? If so, all I can say is your definition of "ordinary" differs from that of the rest of the English-speaking world.

Stupid, ill-informed statement. Lucas has grown into one of our most consistently effective performers over the last couple of years.

5) Henderson is a fucking embarrassment at RM, and should be played centrally or - preferably - not at all

Henderson is perfectly competent and still learning and developing. He's not great yet, but so what? At his age, Jamie Carragher was utter gash. In time - and given games - he will grow into an important player for us.

Every side does.

7) we still lack pace and penetration and without Suarez we would be below West Brom

We could always do with more goals, no arguments from me on that one. The West Brom point is less plausible and barely as valid as pointing out that with Gerrard we would be be above Man Utd.

8 ) Our best signings have cost us £6m and £0m.

Are you breaking the startling news that our best players are Reina and Gerrard? Crikey! I'm not sure the point of that. Does the fact that United's best players for so long were Giggs, Scholes & Beckham mean that all of Slur's other signings were wastes of money?

I feel dirty for having engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. I'm going for a long hot bath now.

Everything you have written is either your personal opinion or a speculative prediction. None of these statements even claim to be facts, so how could anyone describe them as "100% accurate"?

Never mind. I'll play along.

We are currently 3 points away from the top 4, without hitting our stride.

When will we hit it? Our two big wins so far have been against 10 men, the best side we have played dicked all over us, and two promoted teams have got draws at Anfield.

2) Lucas and Adam is possibly the worst CM partnership in the Premiership.

No they're not. Lots of people who know about football acknowledge how effective Lucas has become and recognise Adam's ability to pick out a pass and to strike a dead ball. Most teams would kill for such a pairing.

Embarassing. What team in the Top 10 would "kill" to pair up Adam and Lucas? They wouldn't get a fucking game individually, never mind together. Fucking Everton have a better CM partnership

3) We've wasted £120m on ordinary transfers.

No idea where you're getting your numbers from, or who you include in that £120m. Do you describe Carroll, Suarez, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Henderson and Coates as all "ordinary"? If so, all I can say is your definition of "ordinary" differs from that of the rest of the English-speaking world.

Carroll, Adam, Downing, Henderson are all very ordinary. In the case of Carroll and Henderson, "ordinary" is being kind. Shite might be more accurate. They cost us £80m. We have no idea how good Coates is. Enrique and Suarez have been the only good players Kenny has bought.

Stupid, ill-informed statement. Lucas has grown into one of our most consistently effective performers over the last couple of years.

He's still not very good. And has been utter turd this season. No team in the Top 10 of our league would buy him.

Henderson is perfectly competent and still learning and developing. He's not great yet, but so what? At his age, Jamie Carragher was utter gash. In time - and given games - he will grow into an important player for us.

Competent? At what? Looking like a total shithouse? He shouldn't be in the team. Everyone knows it.

Every side does.

Yeah, but most decent teams in the Premiership have at least one. Some have more than one. We don;t have one.

We could always do with more goals, no arguments from me on that one. The West Brom point is less plausible and barely as valid as pointing out that with Gerrard we would be be above Man Utd.

?

8 ) Our best signings have cost us £6m and £0m.

Are you breaking the startling news that our best players are Reina and Gerrard? Crikey! I'm not sure the point of that. Does the fact that United's best players for so long were Giggs, Scholes & Beckham mean that all of Slur's other signings were wastes of money?

I was talking about Enrique and Bellamy

I feel dirty for having engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. I'm going for a long hot bath now.

You're about half as clever as you think you are, and about a quarter as clever as you need to be.

CAREFUL IN THAT BATH