You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldnt SOS go on a TUC march like?

Why should they?

They have never got my money so I have no right to complain about it, but if I was a member I would think this has got fuck all to do with the reasons this organistaion was set up in the first place.

I'm just trying to read this over and over to see if this is actually the car crash I think it is.

I'm not getting into this with this bloke. Save to say no one gets tied into anything at the CU where their money gets irrevocably pledged to a share in the Club and it cannot be used for anything other than that.

On the bus stuff, he is spot on about the vote issue, a slip of the keyboard by Roy Bentham saying there was a vote, there never was.

However if you look at the meeting again it is raised clearly and unequivocally as somehting that was being planned. From all 10000 members we received ONE complaint. From a Mr A Moran. If members at the meeting were opposed no one said anything and no one before, at the time or subsequently has rasied this as an issue, save for one person.

Not a particularly edifying start to someone's career as a supposed representative of ordinary supporters, especially one who has had his own personal difficulties with the Club's official site and employees.

Come on Andrew, let's here the full story about lfc.tv and the selected employees you have issues with, not just the editied highlights of your beef with the Union, only fair now you have a public rather than just an electronic persona.

Mind you, you will always be welcome to meet with us and we can talk like adults about exactly how the CU works.

How about it? Thursday at 6.15pm at our Committee meeting.

Andrew? Andrew? Still there?

Why should they?

They have never got my money so I have no right to complain about it, but if I was a member I would think this has got fuck all to do with the reasons this organistaion was set up in the first place.

Groups don't live in isolation, nor do they succeed by purely focussing upon their own end. The development of support networks with groups who have and share similar aims and philosophies is what all groups need.

You don't live in Liverpool (nor the UK) either so mind your own business! The government cuts directly affect the City of Liverpool (amongst others), and therefore the club and its supporters, so they have every right to show their solidarity towards a day of protest against those cuts.

Groups don't live in isolation, nor do they succeed by purely focussing upon their own end. The development of support networks with groups who have and share similar aims and philosophies is what all groups need.

You don't live in Liverpool (nor the UK) either so mind your own business! The government cuts directly affect the City of Liverpool (amongst others), and therefore the club and its supporters, so they have every right to show their solidarity towards a day of protest against those cuts.

Again, the government cuts has got nothing to do with the aims SOS was set up for.

If anything Liverpool supporters in Liverpool, the UK and the rest of the world should be very happy with the way the government owned bank, RBS, handled the situation with our former owners, some might suggest if they are playing the devils advocate that at the end of the day the government, through RBS, did more in the end to save the club than any other.

People who wanted to attend that rally should do so as individuals, not SOS members, thats my honest opinion and its got nothing to do with former disagreements about how SOS have handled things.

Guest Andrew Moran
Andrew? Andrew? Still there?

Actually just arrived - but don't worry, I won't stay long.

First of all, that one complaint to SOS: perhaps if you hadn't been presenting the matter as a fait accompli, with it not being on the agenda, not being voted upon (using your PIN - as you know, votes do not occur at the AGM) by telling people that it has been agreed with strongly and also that there was a vote - others might have said something before I did, but I have been called "Eagle eyes" before, and spotted these things before other people did, and as with here and on The Kop, other people soon thought I had a point, when I raised the issue.

I have seen organisations lose funding thanks to committees slipping in items under Any Other Business, and others take advantage of e.g. people leaving meetings early, to discuss items that did not therefore appear on the agenda. It is a very slippery tactic. Good job you need a PIN to have a vote with, eh?

Someone commented about not seeing everything. How right they are. I'd genuinely love to go into detail about the behaviour of the Digital Media staff and a Moderator on the forums who happens to be an active SOS member, and how suddenly I found my blogs and comments unavailable to me, but it is yet another long-winded side issue, which I was seeking attention for, but given this announcement about the committee, it does change things considerably, and it probably would be prudent to discuss the matter now with the club directly.

So for anyone thinking I would be a toadie for the club, that should confirm for them that I would be completely independent. I have my own bone to pick with the club staff.

Some of those blogs that were removed were about these very issues I have raised here, and SOS officials came on them and made comments, so it is not as if SOS were taken unawares by the issues I have raised, yet it seems there are now a raft of "mistakes" being admitted to and corrections now coming out of my posting here, following the announcement. That's gotta be a credit to this forum, and due to my taking the opportunity that the announcement has afforded me to raise the issues I have. :yes:

The Season Ticket Loan: You say that you are right about the SOS Share, and that I am wrong. Well, I had pointed out weeks ago what your form said. You then added the FAQ and compounded the error. If my conclusions are wrong - sorry - but then that is because they were based on the form and on the SOS web site, which were wrong.

Kindly confirm that this is so by correcting your site and the application form. Might I suggest you also contact The Plain English Campaign, to assist.

Now as for:

On the bus stuff, he is spot on about the vote issue, a slip of the keyboard by Roy Bentham saying there was a vote, there never was.

A slip of the keyboard? You sure about that?

"Members of the football supporters' union the Spirit of Shankly are travelling by coach from Liverpool. The group, which was formed three years ago and campaigns on football and wider social issues, has 11,000 members. Roy Bentham, 43, said: "There was a vote and our membership decided we should support the TUC and the march, that we should do our bit to oppose what is going on, so we are setting off at 4.30am and hope to be in London by about 10am."

That looks very much like a quote from a conversation, to me, as opposed to a written statement.

As for your offer of a meeting, I think for now I will decline, but I would like to consider it an open one, if I may.

I am not really one for forums these days, so I will bow out for now at least, as I believe I have achieved what I came here to do.

quick question andrew...you said you are formerly of L4 but have lived in other parts of the country, yet on the blogs you say your born and raised in hampshire. how long have you lived in liverpool? just for personal clarification

Basically Andrew Moran is another part time fan,

who the club have selected to represent fans on the selected fans committee.

he's having his 15 minutes

Speaking of 15 minutes, yours must be up by now surely?

Why go to so much trouble over such a small thing? Fair enough he didn't agree with the TUC march and as was his right he handed in his card over it, but why then go on such a massive vendetta?

Did he have a problem with the coaching for the kids too? That Spirit of Stalin site he has lashed up is fucking embarrassing. Kanwar-esque you might call it.

The personal vendetta by this Morten lad is a concen when he is supposed to be on a fans committee. He seems to just want to use this to satisfy this vendetta he has against SOS.

In my opinion, his e-mail should be made known to the club. Judging by his posts, I certainly wouldn't want him representing the club.

Guest ShoePiss
Why go to so much trouble over such a small thing? Fair enough he didn't agree with the TUC march and as was his right he handed in his card over it, but why then go on such a massive vendetta?

Did he have a problem with the coaching for the kids too? That Spirit of Stalin site he has lashed up is fucking embarrassing. Kanwar-esque you might call it.

Funny that as Jamie Wanker did spring to mind after reading all of this.

I was under the impression and hoping the spirit of stalin site wasn't actually Andrew Moran's though...

Funny that as Jamie Wanker did spring to mind after reading all of this.

I was under the impression and hoping the spirit of stalin site wasn't actually Andrew Moran's though...

I'm sorry to say that site is absolutely his work.

The personal vendetta by this Morten lad is a concen when he is supposed to be on a fans committee. He seems to just want to use this to satisfy this vendetta he has against SOS.

In my opinion, his e-mail should be made known to the club. Judging by his posts, I certainly wouldn't want him representing the club.

I dont agree at all.

What would the point be with such a committee if it was made up by people with the same ideas, principles and opinions.

The reason it has all its categories is because its supposed to reflect on a wide group of fans and not just a selected few with the same ideas and thoughts, if thats what people wanted they could just pick 10 mod approved posters from RAWK and they could all agree about everything all the time.

I've no problem with people having different views. In fact I think it's important they do.

But the actions of this bloke make me think he is a bit of an odd-ball with a very self-serving idea for why he joined the committee. I don't like seeing people use perceived positions of power to try and attack a certain group, and he is certainly doing this with is first mail.

I hear I've been getting some stick over this on other forums.

For clarification, Mr Moran sent me the email and asked me to put it on the forum. He told me he had tried posting on the official forums but was not allowed to discuss the subject on there, which is why he came here as we have a much more relaxed stance on censorship. I told him he would be better off registering on the site and doing it himself, as that way he could respond to the inevitable questions he would get.

He said he didn't feel the need to do that, and that he'd been unable to register on the site previously due to some technical issue. So I posted the email for people to see, and for SoS to respond to, which they did. I even made a point of doing it in this thread as opposed to starting a new one. Clearly Andrew then changed his mind as the next day he registered and began posting.

I didn't endorse his email, or condemn it. I don't know enough about the subject and don't care enough about it to bother researching it. Trade Union rally's? Not really my thing. Obviously plenty of people do care though, so I posted it on here and made it clear it was at his request. I assumed people would have the intelligence to tell the difference between something I was saying, and something I was posting on another person's behalf.

I'd have done the same for SoS, except I don't need to as they already have the platform to post whatever they like on here.

I'm fed up of all this shite about me being 'anti Sos'. Whenever people on the forum get into it with Graeme Smith or whoever, I end up getting emails from some cranks having a go at me for being 'anti union'. It's a joke, holding me responsible for the views of people on the forum. Funny how they don't hold me responsible for the posts sticking up for SoS though.

I've told SoS right from day one that there's a page in the fanzine for them any time they want it. Fran Stanton will confirm that. That offer stands, though they've rarely taken me up on it since Neil Atkinson left. I'm happy for them to post on this forum, and there's even a half page advert (free of charge) for their season ticket loan offer in the latest issue of TLW. I did that at the request of some fella I've never met before who handed me the leaflet at the match and asked if there was any chance I'd run it in the next issue.

I'm neither pro or anti SoS. There's things I like, and things I don't like, but I've never felt the need to comment on any of it and I have no intention of doing so.

I hear I've been getting some stick over this on other forums.

For clarification, Mr Moran sent me the email and asked me to put it on the forum. He told me he had tried posting on the official forums but was not allowed to discuss the subject on there, which is why he came here as we have a much more relaxed stance on censorship. I told him he would be better off registering on the site and doing it himself, as that way he could respond to the inevitable questions he would get.

He said he didn't feel the need to do that, and that he'd been unable to register on the site previously due to some technical issue. So I posted the email for people to see, and for SoS to respond to, which they did. I even made a point of doing it in this thread as opposed to starting a new one. Clearly Andrew then changed his mind as the next day he registered and began posting.

I didn't endorse his email, or condemn it. I don't know enough about the subject and don't care enough about it to bother researching it. Trade Union rally's? Not really my thing. Obviously plenty of people do care though, so I posted it on here and made it clear it was at his request. I assumed people would have the intelligence to tell the difference between something I was saying, and something I was posting on another person's behalf.

I'd have done the same for SoS, except I don't need to as they already have the platform to post whatever they like on here.

I'm fed up of all this shite about me being 'anti Sos'. Whenever people on the forum get into it with Graeme Smith or whoever, I end up getting emails from some cranks having a go at me for being 'anti union'. It's a joke, holding me responsible for the views of people on the forum. Funny how they don't hold me responsible for the posts sticking up for SoS though.

I've told SoS right from day one that there's a page in the fanzine for them any time they want it. Fran Stanton will confirm that.

That offer stands, though they've rarely taken me up on it since Neil Atkinson left. I'm happy for them to post on this forum, and there's even a half page advert (free of charge) for their season ticket loan offer in the latest issue of TLW. I did that at the request of some fella I've never met before who handed me the leaflet at the match and asked if there was any chance I'd run it in the next issue.

I'm neither pro or anti SoS. There's things I like, and things I don't like, but I've never felt the need to comment on any of it and I have no intention of doing so.

With the greatest of respect,

where you not wary of him approaching this forum only,

plus he had no technical difficulties signing up when it suited him

With the greatest of respect,

where you not wary of him approaching this forum only,

plus he had no technical difficulties signing up when it suited him

Oh fuck off. Dave didn't know him, and took the guy at his word. You know, for someone who doesn't seem to like the level of free speech on here, you don't half like to avail yourself of it by posting your drivel.