You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm just trying to read this over and over to see if this is actually the car crash I think it is.

I'm not getting into this with this bloke. Save to say no one gets tied into anything at the CU where their money gets irrevocably pledged to a share in the Club and it cannot be used for anything other than that.

On the bus stuff, he is spot on about the vote issue, a slip of the keyboard by Roy Bentham saying there was a vote, there never was.

However if you look at the meeting again it is raised clearly and unequivocally as somehting that was being planned. From all 10000 members we received ONE complaint. From a Mr A Moran. If members at the meeting were opposed no one said anything and no one before, at the time or subsequently has rasied this as an issue, save for one person.

Not a particularly edifying start to someone's career as a supposed representative of ordinary supporters, especially one who has had his own personal difficulties with the Club's official site and employees.

Come on Andrew, let's here the full story about lfc.tv and the selected employees you have issues with, not just the editied highlights of your beef with the Union, only fair now you have a public rather than just an electronic persona.

Mind you, you will always be welcome to meet with us and we can talk like adults about exactly how the CU works.

How about it? Thursday at 6.15pm at our Committee meeting.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save to say no one gets tied into anything at the CU where their money gets irrevocably pledged to a share in the Club and it cannot be used for anything other than that.

Can you answer a simple question, to avoid confusion.

- Do you have to be putting money into the SOS Share Account (not the normal CU account) in order to be able to apply for a season ticket loan?

- Do you have to be putting money into the SOS Share Account (not the normal CU account) in order to be able to apply for a season ticket loan?

No. As in putting money into an SOS Share Account. Not No as in I won't answer a simple question.

Thanks. That's what I thought. In that case you'll need to amend the PDF application form to sort out that misleading papragraph mentioned above.

EDIT : Sorry, that came across as a command. It was meant as a suggestion.

So basically Andrew Morton has a bee in his bonnet about:

a) SOS going on the TUC "anti-cuts" march and saying it was down to a vote from members when it actually wasn't.

Basically he's got a point here as it wasn't a vote from members (as was erroneously said in one SOS correspondence), but was unanimously supported at an SOS meeting.

b) Thinking you have to pay £500 into the SOS Share Liverpool account in order to be elligible to take out the SOS Season ticket loan with the Credit Union and SOS lying about this.

Turns out you don't have to pay anything into the Share Liverpool account to be elligible for the Season Ticket loan, so he's talking bollocks here.

That's it?

Hardly worth all the aggro is it?

Shame how representatives at both SOS and the new Supporters Committee can't treat each other with a bit of respect in communication here.

Guest jmcv

No. As in putting money into an SOS Share Account. Not No as in I won't answer a simple question.

Thanks. That's what I thought. In that case you'll need to amend the PDF application form to sort out that misleading papragraph mentioned above.

EDIT : Sorry, that came across as a command. It was meant as a suggestion.

Season Ticket Loan - FAQ's – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Do I have to save into the SOS Share Account?

Yes.

?

This is what happens when we have Owners who like to be onside,

I'm not having a go at the new Owners,if the feel they would rather have a fans committee as opposed to having dialogue with the Union,

that's there prerogative (they have after all bought the club)

The difference is that the Union Committee were elected and not selected like the fans Committee

Democracy on the cheap,I think the saying goes

There's no way the majority can be represented because none of us agree on hardly anything

You only need to look on here for that

I agree mate, that was my point.

Hence why fan ownership is a non starter for me and would never work in a decade of Easter Sundays.

Correct,

but SoS along with others played their part in getting rid of the previous Owners,which should never be forgotton

I don't think even the very biggest critic of SOS would say they didn't play their part.

They have however made a series of gaffes and in addition to this I don't want supporter ownership. I can appreciate some of their work from a distance but do not want to be a member or associated with the organisation.

This is purely a problem between Mr Moran and SOS and shouldnt be aired on here.

Exactly, but Andrew for his own reasons thought it was the right thing to email Dave Usher and have his spat with the SOS plastered all over the Liverpool Way forum now he's got a place on the supporters committee.

All very stupid and avoidable. Maybe it'd be best for Andrew to take SOS up on their offer for him to attend their committee meeting on Thursday so this kind of nonsense can be avoided in the future.

It's a very bad start for the supporters committee this.

Just a question...

But has anyone else noticed how whenever there is an SoS thread on this forum there is all of a sudden a very large number of irregular posters all over the thread.

A cynical cunt would come to the conclusion they have certain members monitoring the different forums ready to feed back to those on high when a concereted defence of the organisation is felt needed.

Good job I'm not a cynical cunt.

Just a question...

But has anyone else noticed how whenever there is an SoS thread on this forum there is all of a sudden a very large number of irregular posters all over the thread.

A cynical cunt would come to the conclusion they have certain members monitoring the different forums ready to feed back to those on high when a concereted defence of the organisation is felt needed.

Good job I'm not a cynical cunt.

Name: ritchie Menber since: 2002 Number of posts: 908

Name: FranStan Member since: 2009 Number of posts: 204

Name: andythered Member since: 2006 Number of posts: 16

Name: kopite96 Member since: 2008 Number of posts: 30

Maybe I am a cynical cunt.

Edited by lifetime fan

Name: ritchie Menber since: 2002 Number of posts: 908

Name: FranStan Member since: 2009 Number of posts: 204

Name: andythered Member since: 2006 Number of posts: 16

Name: kopite96 Member since: 2008 Number of posts: 30

Maybe I am a cynical cunt.

Although I think they can get a hard time on here, usually unfairly, i've got absolutely nothing to do with SOS and have been a member of this forum for over 10 years stretching back to the bravenet days. I don't know anyone on the committee. I'm only complaining about this because i'd like the supporters committee to be a success.

Andrew is wrong in what he's doing here and it's got the thing off to a bad start. I'm not at all interested in his petty spat with SOS but he hasn't done anyone any favours spouting it all on here just because he's been appointed as a fans rep. It's just so ridiculous.