You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For me to sum up

Right team was picked.

Right formation was employed.

Problem was for me, neither lucas meireles and especially maxi did frig all to control the midfield which left us hoofing it and meant we were watching them play so frustratingly average.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they deserve anything, we've beaten ourselves. They've been rubbish throughout.

Positives from tonight = Its nearly over

Sums it up. We were complete shit over both legs and so were they, three hours of truly appalling football from all concerned.

On the bright side, we won't be in europe next season so we won't have to face being embarrassed by a load of peasants from a nothing team for at least 18 months.

Every man out there tonight needs a fucking kick in the cunt, no exceptions. And sorry Kenny, but your tactics have been shite the last 2 games.

Henry needs to spend in the summer. Not just big, but on the right creative players because apart from Suarez, Gerrard and occasionally Raul we've got fuck all in that department.

Dalglish has got his tactics wrong every single time in Europe this season IMO.

Disagree. Without Suarez (and Gerrard), the only forward option available tonight was Carroll.

The other supposed option up front was Ngog. AKA Shite.

Hence high balls all night from defence, because we don't have wingers.

What other tactical options were there?

Players, not tactics in my shit opinion.

Braga came to do a job. It was like watching Stoke. They pressed and never gave us a chance to build anything. Every forward move was overwhelmed by their defence. We should be able to beat teams like these.

Some real Roy performances tonight. Is the honeymoon over?

Carra and Carroll in the same thing has to be a huge worry for us. We'll never kick on as a team with Carra being allowed to lump the ball up to him for 90 minutes. What's even more worrying, is it seemed to be the gameplan for us tonight. It's the only way i can really explain Lucas and Raul being so ineffectual

Disagree. Without Suarez (and Gerrard), the only forward option available tonight was Carroll.

Agger was another key player who was missing too. The Man U game aside, we've really struggled every time he has been injured.

Guest PurpleNose

Could have had a go passing the ball to each other.

Carra and Carroll in the same thing has to be a huge worry for us. We'll never kick on as a team with Carra being allowed to lump the ball up to him for 90 minutes. What's even more worrying, is it seemed to be the gameplan for us tonight. It's the only way i can really explain Lucas and Raul being so ineffectual

Well they had to, because everytime lucas, meireles, or maxi had the ball they played it backwards to carra and skrtel.

No doubt in it, we were pretty dreadful. There's a lot of work to be done in unifying the players we've got under a single philosophy, as when we meet any sort of resistance too many of them are inclined to revert to an aimless approach where they just hit the damn ball. We're capable of more than that, but mentally we can't maintain our focus on a tactical structure when things go poorly. Its the same old problem, where we can tear through a side on our day but on any other day the threads unravel and the usual result is a disorganized mess.

On the plus side, I've had three half-litre bottles of Pinkus and am feeling pretty good.

For me to sum up

Right team was picked.

Right formation was employed.

Problem was for me, neither lucas meireles and especially maxi did frig all to control the midfield which left us hoofing it and meant we were watching them play so frustratingly average.

So you think this was the right team and formation to get around on the outside to get crosses into the box in order to put our 35 million signing to good use? Or you think hoofing and scrambling for second balls is a good tactic at Anfield, against minnows from an average league, who happen to be pretty shit away from home..

Braga came to do a job. It was like watching Stoke. They pressed and never gave us a chance to build anything. Every forward move was overwhelmed by their defence. We should be able to beat teams like these.

Some real Roy performances tonight. Is the honeymoon over?

Shut the fuck up would u? Because that is the worst bullshit ever.