You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I fucking hate him. Anyone who thinks he is even a decent squad player knows fuck all about football IMHO. And that includes Dalglish.

I am sick to high heaven of paying money to watch this lazy cunt. Pass and move... my fucking arse.

Stands still all fucking game, gets caught in possession nearly every time time he has it cos he is so fucking slow both physically and mentally.

I here people say he's doing exactly what he's being told, well if being told is

Standing next to the defence sometimes behind them....

Spend to long with the ball mixed up detween his feet then getting caught in possession..

Passing the ball and then standing still

Never ever being creative

Giving free kicks away

Offerering nothing what so ever to a winner team

Then I say he is doing exactly what he is being told... but some how I don't think he is being told to do this.

Last week against Chelsea, he got caught in possession by Drogba (I think) that could have led to a goal

He could not move his hand away from an on coming ball that if H. Webb was ref would have been a pen. Thats how slow his reactions are.

Yesterday, first half he got caught in possession that could have led to a goal.

He is worse that Phil fucking Babb

How much longer do we have to put up with utter shite like lucas?

You are obviously pissed off with yesterdays perfomance so time to pick on the usual suspect.

I agree with you to a certain extent about taking to long to get his passes off and maybe dwells on the ball at times.

That said when we have a full squad available he plays an important role and has performed it well ( as he showed last week ) He has improved and is still a young lad.

Brazil isn't a local kids team where the manager plays his own sons even if they're shite. He is picked on merit. No matter what he does you will never give him any credit.

Are you a boo boy by nature as if we ever move Lucas on I would like to know you will move on to next.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a boo boy by nature as if we ever move Lucas on I would like to know you will move on to next.

Their are other players who are blatently not got enough to play for a top team, but you can see them running around trying, but Lucas is static, it would be interesting to see how much distance he actually covered yesterday.

Their are other players who are blatently not got enough to play for a top team, but you can see them running around trying, but Lucas is static, it would be interesting to see how much distance he actually covered yesterday.

I think the letter "i", "n" and "b" have been removed from the middle of your name or after the "y" to be more precise. See dave about getting them back so we can better identify you from now on.

Ta.

Chalkboards | Create your chalkboard Chalkboards create | Football | guardian.co.uk

Heatmap on there and where he played his passes from dismiss any notion of being static, but don't let stats get in the way of you being a big drama queen.

That is a great app there.

Aurelio won one defensive tackle the entire game.

There has been a bit of positive press recently for Lucas, talk of how he's matured into this top player.

He has clearly improved since he came to club, but he is nowhere near ever being a dominant force in central midfield for us or any club.

We would all swap him any day of the week for an Alonso or a Mascherano.

He's what now 23/24? He is not gonna get that much better between now and when his playing days are over.

Keep as a squad player. Nothing more. Anyone who thinks different is blinded by their loyalty to the club.

There has been a bit of positive press recently for Lucas, talk of how he's matured into this top player.

He has clearly improved since he came to club, but he is nowhere near ever being a dominant force in central midfield for us or any club.

We would all swap him any day of the week for an Alonso or a Mascherano.

He's what now 23/24? He is not gonna get that much better between now and when his playing days are over.

Keep as a squad player. Nothing more. Anyone who thinks different is blinded by their loyalty to the club.

First off I wouldn't swop him for Mascherano, Alonso on the other hand, sorry Lucas but he's the finished article.

Lucas is not long turned 24 and though he's really started to find his feet, I and many others (including Rafa Benitez) believe there is a lot more to come from him.

I've never understood this love affair with the limited Mascherano and I'm not surprised one bit that he's failed to break into the Barcelona side. He's a "luxury" defensive player that you can only afford if you have a Buscquets or an Alonso in behind to do all the thinking.

I can't believe you lot think he can do a job for us!

Well let me tell you he is doing a job for us a it's an awful job at that, but opinions like "he'll do for now" etc is everything that is wrong with our once great club.Look at how far we have gone down hill since Lucas become a first team ever present.

That year we challanged for the league, he was only on the bench, except for when he finished our chances of winning it at Wigan away.

Since then he has been an ever present, and we have been consistantly shit,except for the odd blip.

When will you people wake up, take your rose tiled specs off and call a spade a spade.

Don't agree with you overall, but the bit in bold i do agree with, it's from the same school of thought as the "Hodgson will do in the short term" shite.

There are players who are deemed not good enough for a top team and a lot of teams have them.

Fletcher at utd is a good example. Them cunts have always used him as a whipping boy but purple plays him in all their big games.

Everything has to happen in front of the ' sitting ' midfielder and when it goes well he just keeps things ticking over.

When we have a game like yesterdays when the team struggle to create a lot he comes in for abuse because he isn't pushing on to help create something, but he still has his job to do.

In a perfect world my midfield wouldn't have him in there but he wasn't responsible for everyone fucking off and he's been given a job to do and Ithink he's grown into it more and more. Give him a break.

I fucking hate him. Anyone who thinks he is even a decent squad player knows fuck all about football IMHO. And that includes Dalglish.

I am sick to high heaven of paying money to watch this lazy cunt. Pass and move... my fucking arse.

Stands still all fucking game, gets caught in possession nearly every time time he has it cos he is so fucking slow both physically and mentally.

I here people say he's doing exactly what he's being told, well if being told is

Standing next to the defence sometimes behind them....

Spend to long with the ball mixed up detween his feet then getting caught in possession..

Passing the ball and then standing still

Never ever being creative

Giving free kicks away

Offerering nothing what so ever to a winner team

Then I say he is doing exactly what he is being told... but some how I don't think he is being told to do this.

Last week against Chelsea, he got caught in possession by Drogba (I think) that could have led to a goal

He could not move his hand away from an on coming ball that if H. Webb was ref would have been a pen. Thats how slow his reactions are.

Yesterday, first half he got caught in possession that could have led to a goal.

He is worse that Phil fucking Babb

How much longer do we have to put up with utter shite like lucas?

Wrong forum for you. He's over at West Bromwich Albion | WBAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures now

One of the best team performances this season was against the chavs...Lucas played a M.O.M performance...not just my opinion, check the match reports. He's no Alonso...but is a vital part of the team and true didn't have a great game on Saturday , but it was a poor team preformance overall!

Merits his inclusion in the first team imo, this 'squad player' stuff is bollocks given his performances against the top midfielders in the league over the last couple years.

Not his best performance against Wigan, but worth bearing in mind how much work he got through at Chelsea last weekend, and then that he played a full ninety minutes, fifty of which was with ten men after Hernanes got sent off for his Van Damme impersonation.

One of the best team performances this season was against the chavs...Lucas played a M.O.M performance...not just my opinion, check the match reports. He's no Alonso...but is a vital part of the team and true didn't have a great game on Saturday , but it was a poor team preformance overall!

I think a lot of people are guilty of being over critical with Lucas because of what he has done in the past. People forget he was brought to the club as an offensive midfielder, who not only had to learn a new language, in a new country, but was played out of position. My opinion of him in the past 6 months or so has changed, and I wish certain other individuals on the payrol had his attitude towards the club.

Don't really want to dignify the OP with a more balanced comment, but on the other hand it might redeem the thread. I still don't think he's good enough as a first-team regular in a team that aspires to a Top Four position - and certainly not one that will play 4-4-2. He's not QUITE good enough for a defensive midfielder position (not enough energy or drive - he's not in the league of a Sissoko (at his best)or Mascherano, which is what we need) and he's certainly not good enough as an offensive player (no goal threat). It's no surprise then that he looks far better in a midfield three rather than a midfield two. He's a decent, all-round player - he's our Fletcher if you like, although not quite in his league - but I'd like to see a midfield enforcer brought in this summer as we still get overrun in there at times.