You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Not too fussed on clichy, would prefer enrique, but he is better than anything we have for left back at the moment. Jack robinson looks like he will be a very good player to me but not sure if he is ready for regular senior football yet.

apart from anything else it'll send a message across the league and round Europe, arsenals 1st choice LB leaving to join Liverpool.

Yeah... I'm not sure that means a lot.

It's equivalent to Skrtel moving to Chelsea for example. Just because he's 1st choice doesn't mean most fans wouldn't be happy to see the back of him for a decent price, and that seems to be the situation with Clichy. Not really a statement of intent, it's not like we're getting one of their best players.

I wonder what put the stick in the wheels of the Enrique transfer which looked as good as done.

Yeah... I'm not sure that means a lot.

It's equivalent to Skrtel moving to Chelsea for example. Just because he's 1st choice doesn't mean most fans wouldn't be happy to see the back of him for a decent price, and that seems to be the situation with Clichy. Not really a statement of intent, it's not like we're getting one of their best players.

I wonder what put the stick in the wheels of the Enrique transfer which looked as good as done.

Are you ever happy?

Clichy's defo up there in terms of good arsenal players, dont fool yourself cos you dont like him

I don't rate him highly but he's a decent player, no doubt.

That said he's not one of their best players and getting him will be no more a statement of intent than Sunderland buying Skrtel off us for example.

In other news was this linked to here?

English on march as Manchester United and Liverpool spending spree begins - Telegraph

The only thing that really has anything to do with us is this -

"Liverpool are now reconsidering their options, with Birmingham’s Scott Dann a target, along with Mamadou Sakho of Paris St Germain and Lyon defender Dejan Lovren. "

Someone give us the rundown on the latter 2.

By the way, it has to be said, i fucking hate Mark Ogden. It's well known that he's a Utd fan, fair enough, but it shouldn't constantly come across in his pieces. This piece like many others from him reeks of Manc arse-kissing, to add insult to injury he always takes sly digs at us on Twitter and regularly links us to shite like Cattermole.

Are you ever happy?

Sorry if i don't think getting Gael Clichy is a statement of intent. And yes i am happy, appreciate the concern though.

For the record i don't give a shit about statements of intent, I just want us to sign good players, what the rest of the world thinks about it is not my concern. But i just felt the need to point that out.

I would advice you visit an arsenal forum and found out what they think of Clichy:laugh:

One thing that every football forum has in common is whenever a player looks to want to leave the fans always react the same way.

"He was`nt any good anyway"

Im pretty sure that if you had visited a Man Utd forum those days Rooney looked like he was off, you would probably read things like "He`s finished", "easily replacable" etc. When Gerrard handed in the transfer request in 2005 there were many fans coming out saying "Gerrard is just overrated anyway".

Im not saying Clichy is a world beater by any means, im just saying you cant really use a forum as a jugde of player. Especially if one player seems to want to join a rival club.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Another young English player I'd like is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. I think he's going to be very, very good in years to come. It'd be a shame to see other clubs get there first.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He has big deficiencies in his game, I think that's clear, but what he does have is pace. Not the 'pace' that many people talk about others having, but real searing pace.

Thing about Clichy is just that he seems to have stagnated at Arsenal.

A couple of years ago I considered him one of the best left backs in the league, in 07\08 he was fantastic.

If we can get THAT Clichy, then that's a very good deal, but if he stays the same Clichy that he was for the past 2 years then I'm not getting excited about it.

Maybe a move will freshen things up for him and he'll return to form. We can but hope.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Baines > Clichy.

What would the price difference be do you reckon? 20m > 5m? I'd obviously prefer Baines, Enrique, or Cissokho, but Clichy wouldn't be a tragedy should be want to put the funds into another area.

What would the price difference be do you reckon? 20m > 5m? I'd obviously prefer Baines, Enrique, or Cissokho, but Clichy wouldn't be a tragedy should be want to put the funds into another area.

Where did this Cissokho link come from, anyway?

I'd definitely prefer Clichy to Enrique. Baines will be going to City for a truckload of cash... as per usual.