You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is wrong with what he's doing? Absolutely nothing.

I don't feel the need to prove myself to a flange like you in regards to how much of my team I've seen so I won't.

The lad has a talent, one he freely shares not just for Liverpool fans either, so until you do more than entertain via people laughing at you having the footy knowledge of a blind Ian Wright or change your name from that little treacherous cock goblin then keep your hole closed, nobend.

Blind Ian Wright yeh for saying a compilation maker has no life. More a lack of video technology knowledge if anything. Did i also say there was anything wrong with what he was doing? Showing Lucas pass the ball in one game is pretty sad. Now please feel free to fuck off and continue watching your compilations which give you such expert knowledge

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blind Ian Wright yeh for saying a compilation maker has no life. More a lack of video technology knowledge if anything. Did i also say there was anything wrong with what he was doing? Showing Lucas pass the ball in one game is pretty sad. Now please feel free to fuck off and continue watching your compilations which give you such expert knowledge

Serious question.....have you watched any Liverpool games this season?

Another dribbling gobshite who doesn't get it. How fun.

Are you completely retarded or can you not see how saying someone has no life is, you know, an insult?

Showing Lucas win the ball and pass the ball in what I and many believe to be a man of the match performance isn't sad, it's a way of supporting the lad and proving to people what a quality game he had.

I'm no expert and never claimed to be and I'd never base my conclusion of a player on compilations no matter how much you might try and suggest otherwise.

You're just another cretin who thinks football only exists in this country and anyone who dares to suggest they've watched a game from another country is a liar.

When are people going to realise that we have access to football all over the world now in this era and people maybe, just maybe have seen a game or two from a different league.

Oh and I don't think I'll bother calling you a twat, just look at your username and know how good your judgement is that you decided to bum a player who had no love for this club and was massively overrated due to ironically being a "highlight player". I've had shites with better positional sense than Javier Mascherano aka Sergio Busquets' understudy.

yes i have a season ticket

Then you know that Lucas has improved so much this season that he is a credit to himself and the club.

You have seen him become a good solid player, winning the hearts and minds of football fans and critics around the globe.

If you dont know this then you haven not watched him play.

Another dribbling gobshite who doesn't get it. How fun.

Are you completely retarded or can you not see how saying someone has no life is, you know, an insult?

Showing Lucas win the ball and pass the ball in what I and many believe to be a man of the match performance isn't sad, it's a way of supporting the lad and proving to people what a quality game he had.

I'm no expert and never claimed to be and I'd never base my conclusion of a player on compilations no matter how much you might try and suggest otherwise.

You're just another cretin who thinks football only exists in this country and anyone who dares to suggest they've watched a game from another country is a liar.

When are people going to realise that we have access to football all over the world now in this era and people maybe, just maybe have seen a game or two from a different league.

Oh and I don't think I'll bother calling you a twat, just look at your username and know how good your judgement is that you decided to bum a player who had no love for this club and was massively overrated due to ironically being a "highlight player". I've had shites with better positional sense than Javier Mascherano aka Sergio Busquets' understudy.

what?

hahahahaha how dare I show support for a player representing the club i support. He didn't always act like a cunt you know in fact at one stage he embodied the grit and determination everyone at the club should have. But yeh hindsight is a great tool. Pretty much everyone around the 2008/09 period were in agreement mascherano was the best in his role, so please stop trying to act as if he was shite.

Then you know that Lucas has improved so much this season that he is a credit to himself and the club.

You have seen him become a good solid player, winning the hearts and minds of football fans and critics around the globe.

If you dont know this then you haven not watched him play.

i havent once commented on Lucas' ability in this thread. I made a tongue in cheek comment about the complilation maker to which the idiot decided to go all dramatic over

what?

hahahahaha how dare I show support for a player representing the club i support. He didn't always act like a cunt you know in fact at one stage he embodied the grit and determination everyone at the club should have. But yeh hindsight is a great tool. Pretty much everyone around the 2008/09 period were in agreement mascherano was the best in his role, so please stop trying to act as if he was shite.

Shite, no? Always overrated due to playing next to one of if not the best holding midfielders in the world (ALONSO), yes.

I was a massive fan of Mascherano when he played for River Plate and used to say his name on forums all the time, people would then look him up and tell me he was too small and played in a shit league so wouldn't make it here.

I follow St Ettienne in France and though I haven't seen as much of them as I'd like this year, I've said the same about Matuidi who I said could easily have replaced Mascherano when he left.

Pato was a player I raved on and Aguero as well. You see players like that and you just know someone is getting the real deal more likely than not.

I'm not saying I always get it right as the superbly named "Lenny" shows, but then neither do the professionals.

Point is, I'm seeing these players play, rating them and then they end up being big players and nuggets like you then overrated them to death because they play for their club and make out no one else could ever have known about them other than on a compilation.

Channel 5 wasn't that hard to get, was it?

I saw Lucas play for Gremio a few times and thought he looked class and was happy we signed him, then I for my shame turned against the lad and made him the butt of a few jokes. It wasn't till last season I started to defend him and say he wasn't that bad and this season (after a few games under Hodgson) point out that he'd come on leaps and bounds and I couldn't imagine our side without him. United game was when he really showed his turn around for me.

Milankakabaros has made loads of compilations for loads of players in loads of games. Youve never heard of him? It's a type of video compilation that he's basically popularized if not pioneered (Im sure coaches have used it for ages). He simply cuts together every touch the player has. I love it, it's brilliant and gives you a good idea about the performance that player put in.

Way more informative than those awful goal compilations every idiot and his dog makes.

Milankakabaros has made loads of compilations for loads of players in loads of games. Youve never heard of him? It's a type of video compilation that he's basically popularized if not pioneered (Im sure coaches have used it for ages). He simply cuts together every touch the player has. I love it, it's brilliant and gives you a good idea about the performance that player put in.

Way more informative than those awful goal compilations every idiot and his dog makes.

He makes those too. Still, nothing he's ever done will touch my Puskas comp.

He's lucky I never have a laptop that works. :P

QmK6Q6YU4ys

Yeh i've seen him before he made one of cisse years ago. Compilations in general are shit and give a very limited reflection of a player.

Mascherano was not overrated at us either he was fucking superb despite being a cunt. He's made a wrong career move to go to Barca that is all, he'd still walk into our team, ahead of Lucas, which again isn't to say i don't rate him. Funny you rated him at river plate when he was what 20? but claim he was overrated at us? It was at us he become widely recognised as one of, if not the best defensive mids around.

Yeh i've seen him before he made one of cisse years ago. Compilations in general are shit and give a very limited reflection of a player.

Mascherano was not overrated at us either he was fucking superb despite being a cunt. He's made a wrong career move to go to Barca that is all, he'd still walk into our team, ahead of Lucas, which again isn't to say i don't rate him. Funny you rated him at river plate when he was what 20? but claim he was overrated at us? It was at us he become widely recognised as one of, if not the best defensive mids around.

The reason I liked Mascherano was the potential he had, potential which he never built on. He was brilliant against Kaka, and in some big games like Arsenal at Anfield a few years back but it was because of Benitez's need to be overly defensive that he was allowed to look as good as he did. I remember laughing and at the same time being optimistic when he was asked in one of the match day programmes about whether he was as good as Makelele and he said, the one thing Makelele has that he wanted was the game intelligence to always been in the right place. Mascherano himself it seems knew he wasn't as good as others thought he was.

I'd rather have Lucas because he has something Mascherano doesn't and that's positional sense. Mascherano relies on pace to get him out of trouble. When watching him run back 30 yards to make a fantastic sweeping tackle you were probably thinking "brilliant", I on the other hand was thinking "good tackle but why the fuck were you a million miles out of position when you offer little if anything to the attack?!".

Lucas is a better holding player than Mascherano who is more suited to a "destroyer's role" in the centre of midfield.

Would you rather have the combined talents of Gerrard and Meireles both battling in midfield but able to drive play and score goals, or add a limited overpriced overrated defensive midfielder into the mix which dilutes our passing and scoring threat?

I know which one I prefer.

Would you rather have the combined talents of Gerrard and Meireles both battling in midfield but able to drive play and score goals, or add a limited overpriced overrated defensive midfielder into the mix which dilutes our passing and scoring threat?

Are you saying there, who outta Lucas and Mascherano would you rather partnering Gerrard and Meireles?

The reason I liked Mascherano was the potential he had, potential which he never built on. He was brilliant against Kaka, and in some big games like Arsenal at Anfield a few years back but it was because of Benitez's need to be overly defensive that he was allowed to look as good as he did. I remember laughing and at the same time being optimistic when he was asked in one of the match day programmes about whether he was as good as Makelele and he said, the one thing Makelele has that he wanted was the game intelligence to always been in the right place. Mascherano himself it seems knew he wasn't as good as others thought he was.

I'd rather have Lucas because he has something Mascherano doesn't and that's positional sense. Mascherano relies on pace to get him out of trouble. When watching him run back 30 yards to make a fantastic sweeping tackle you were probably thinking "brilliant", I on the other hand was thinking "good tackle but why the fuck were you a million miles out of position when you offer little if anything to the attack?!".

Lucas is a better holding player than Mascherano who is more suited to a "destroyer's role" in the centre of midfield.

Would you rather have the combined talents of Gerrard and Meireles both battling in midfield but able to drive play and score goals, or add a limited overpriced overrated defensive midfielder into the mix which dilutes our passing and scoring threat? I know which one I prefer.

1. Pretty smug thing to say.

2. I don't see how having mascherano in the team or lucas would affect that scenario of gerrard and raul playing more advanced. With the 3 in midfield both players (mascherano and lucas) would be asked to play defensively and allow the other two to bomb forward.

Are you saying there, who outta Lucas and Mascherano would you rather partnering Gerrard and Meireles?

Yes, but given how much of a more complete player Lucas is I'd rather have him than Mascherano in a central midfield role as well if we had a holding player of quality behind him.

Mascherano does one thing and that is run round like a headless chicken throwing in tackles. He's brilliant at it, best in the world in fact, but top clubs as I've always said, and as Barca have proved, require more from their FOOTBALLERS.

1. Pretty smug thing to say.

2. I don't see how having mascherano in the team or lucas would affect that scenario of gerrard and raul playing more advanced. With the 3 in midfield both players (mascherano and lucas) would be asked to play defensively and allow the other two to bomb forward.

1. Alright let's get this back to a football debate and leave the kiddy crap where it belongs.

2. If Mascherano is in our team he's not in Lucas' position and if he is, he isn't playing it as well. So he has to play in the centre and that means either what little creativity or width we have outside is sacrificed and we have to play a more defensive formation, or he plays instead of Gerrard or Meireles. Now as a City ridiculous squad depth move he's a nice player to have, especially in cup games but that's about it.

As I say, I see the same engine on Matuidi and I see a much better footballer. Denisov is better on the ball and smarter and so many other players that spring to mind that I'd rather have.

I hear we are being heavily linked with Sylvain Marvleaux who I must confess I haven't seen much of at Rennes but apparently some in France say he's a done deal. I didn't put much stock in the rumour until I read their chairman saying something like "this is the last we will see of him in a Rennes shirt" after he picked up a season ending injury.

1. Alright let's get this back to a football debate and leave the kiddy crap where it belongs.

2. If Mascherano is in our team he's not in Lucas' position and if he is, he isn't playing it as well. So he has to play in the centre and that means either what little creativity or width we have outside is sacrificed and we have to play a more defensive formation, or he plays instead of Gerrard or Meireles. Now as a City ridiculous squad depth move he's a nice player to have, especially in cup games but that's about it.

As I say, I see the same engine on Matuidi and I see a much better footballer. Denisov is better on the ball and smarter and so many other players that spring to mind that I'd rather have.

I hear we are being heavily linked with Sylvain Marvleaux who I must confess I haven't seen much of at Rennes but apparently some in France say he's a done deal. I didn't put much stock in the rumour until I read their chairman saying something like "this is the last we will see of him in a Rennes shirt" after he picked up a season ending injury.

I'm all for supprting Lucas after all he is here and mascherano isn't, but for that defensive midfield role i'm sure most fans would have preferred we lost Lucas instead of Mascherano. You said before about top teams requiring more from their footballers, 2 years ago we were a top team reaching a champions league final (in which mascher started, not Lucas) and a champions league semi final, in which mascherano was central to, not Lucas. The age gap between the two is also not that significant, 2 years? By all means support Lucas, but don't delude yourself as to who is the better player

Edited: Dont actually think Lucas was with us for the 07 final

I'm all for supprting Lucas after all he is here and mascherano isn't, but for that defensive midfield role i'm sure most fans would have preferred we lost Lucas instead of Mascherano. You said before about top teams requiring more from their footballers, 2 years ago we were a top team reaching a champions league final (in which mascher started, not Lucas) and a champions league semi final, in which mascherano was central to, not Lucas. By all means support Lucas, but don't delude yourself as to who is the better player

I'm not. Lucas WAS shite. It's the reason why people were so harsh on him, the reason why I like many made him the butt of the jokes. He had no confidence, made high profile mistakes, wouldn't pass the ball quick enough and he was much more lightweight.

Playing in a team that is more confident, with an improved physique and as the first choice option he is showing what he really can do and the best bit is, I believe there is still more to come.

We're now starting to see glimpses why Rafa said people don't realise how good he is, why Dunga gave him his chance even though he wasn't ready and why he was voted the best player in Brazil before we acquired him inspite of him playing in a newly promoted Gremio side.

We're seeing the one touch and two touch football he is capable of, we're seeing him use both feet, we're seeing him protect the back 4/5, we're seeing him read the game better and not be scared to go into tackles and not only that but win more than he loses, much more. We're seeing his range of passing and even the ability he has to go past people at times.

Like Mascherano we are seeing a man who had to battle against the odds, in Mascherano's case it was his size, he became the little engine that could but then it became more apparently (especially at Barca) that his limited play was something he would have to overcome as well. Well while Mascherano is yet to show that, even glimpses, Lucas is showing more and more that he could become a very special footballer indeed.

I've seen Lucas at his best in a weaker league and I've seen Mascherano (more so) at his best in a weaker league. At their best all things considered, Mascherano is not half the footballer Lucas Leiva is capable of being.

Why's it odd that my favourite player is Lucas? The reason he's my favourite is because he puts the most effort into his game........oh yeah I love his hair to :P

Absolutely. Also, there's no doubt that Alonso, in his time with us, learned all his tricks studying at the feet of the Master.