You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the timing of it all John. It just seems like a very amateurish way to do things. Could it not have waited until after the game ?

I'd be amazed if the owners are behind this. I'm not for one minute suggesting they don't want Hodgson to go' date=' but I would hope they have more substance to themselves than having to resort to tricks like this. I hope this isn't some lame attempt to get Roy to walk and save themselves a few quid. He's been given a contract to do a job and he's failing. They need to get the negotiating started agree a severance package that will reward him for his failure.

As for the bit in bold. There's a much bigger game being played out here Jon, and I'd be amazed if the owners are involved. Or I hope their not.[/quote']

Mick I think I know what you're getting at, but I don't see this as being some conspiracy. Someone said bascombe ran the same story a week or two back (I don't know as I don't read that paper), it feels to me it's a message they've been putting out for a while to lots of people, but perhaps it's the 1st time the likes of the times have had that story pushed.

Whatever is the situation, forgetting the results, hodgson should have been sacked for his comments the other night as far as I'm concerned. He's failed on the pitch anyway, who the fuck is he to start pointing the finger at the crowd for our failure? FSG need to stop all the speculation instantly, say to hodgson you can have your money till the end of the season, if that's not enough, see you at a tribunal - but no matter what you are no longer manager of LFC. It's gone beyond a joke IMO and results can't save him as far as I'm concerned.

Fucking hell, I really hate this patronising shit about how we were once the best fans in the world but somehow aren't any more because we're not standing by Roy. Do people like Barclay really think that we're basing this soleley on half a season of poor results? The man has been a mediocre manager all his career. Inspect his record for fuck's sake. He has never won anything of any significance, and has been jibbed off by every big club he's ever managed. We want to get rid of him because there is NO chance of him ever bringing us the level of success that we crave, not because we are fickle "modern fans", so fuck off you clueless, ignorant, shit-stirring Captain Picard looking CUNT.

Arseholes like barclay are part of the reason the eejit has the job, it was a decision made by non footballing people for non footballing reasons, he was the first manager to be appointed in over 50 years who was not the best available nor better than the man who previously held the job. He is an absolute fraud of a liverpool manager, and as such there is no reason to hide the feelings amongst the support that he should do one. The power of Liverpool's support will not be chipped away at by some fucking prick journo, the same Liverpool support that has boycotted the rag, helped to oust the last owners, in fact achieved far more than the odious little fuck will with regards to football, and collectively has a far better understanding of the club and the game than the journalist himself.

Every single newspaper seems to have the exclusive. I think it's come from the top. And I think Hodgson is gone before the Mancs cup game.

Purslow was heavily involved in press briefings against the last manager, as he has been pretty much hung out to dry by Hodgson recently, it would not surprise me if he was involved in stirring the shit up. Hodgson needs to be fucked off asap, and purslow should go with him, put an end to the whole of the two yank fucks reign, and those associated with it.

Purslow was heavily involved in press briefings against the last manager, as he has been pretty much hung out to dry by Hodgson recently, it would not surprise me if he was involved in stirring the shit up. Hodgson needs to be fucked off asap, and purslow should go with him, put an end to the whole of the two yank fucks reign, and those associated with it.

I don't think Purslow has much sway anymore.

My main fear is losing Pepe. He must hate playing this way and being trained by an old fart.

He's stated that he's fed up with media speculation on his departure. He said he's a man of his word, honouring his contract and is honoured to play for us. Or words to that effect. RAWK has it in detail if you want to check.

Reina insisted: “I’m tired of rumours linking me with many teams in England and abroad.

“I am a man of my word and commitment. I will honour my contract with Liverpool.

“Stories of these offers are not true. I have not spoken to anyone – ever – and I am 100 per cent a Liverpool player.”

Reina is desperate to return to winning ways at Anfield.

He added: “Since I’ve been here I’ve found an incredible passion, more than I thought from Spain.

“Liverpool as a club is sacred, it is something special.

“Being Liverpool’s goalkeeper is a privilege. For now I just want to win trophies for them.”

good lad

Reina insisted: “I’m tired of rumours linking me with many teams in England and abroad.

“I am a man of my word and commitment. I will honour my contract with Liverpool.

“Stories of these offers are not true. I have not spoken to anyone – ever – and I am 100 per cent a Liverpool player.”

Reina is desperate to return to winning ways at Anfield.

He added: “Since I’ve been here I’ve found an incredible passion, more than I thought from Spain.

“Liverpool as a club is sacred, it is something special.

“Being Liverpool’s goalkeeper is a privilege. For now I just want to win trophies for them.”

good lad

sacred is the word. that you heard. Its got (liv) groove. Its got meaning.:P

I don't think Purslow has much sway anymore.

Purslow did an amazing amount of damage in a short time to both the club culture and its personnel. He even stabbed his employers in the back (H & G) albeit with good reason.

He brought a lot of the back-stabbing, "me first" culture of private equity to LFC. In many ways, it's a bigger step forward that he's gone than H & G.

I can't wait to see if we get the knowleadgeable, classy, CEO that we deserve. Integrity, ability, honesty, and a respectful distance from the playing personnel......please!

It's a new year mate. 2011 is the year of the Thursday.

I'm predicting a shit year ahead, if that's the case. As the prophecy stated...

Monday's child is fair of face,

Tuesday's child is full of grace,

Wednesday's child is full of woe,

Thursday's child has far to go,

Friday's child is loving and giving,

Saturday's child must work for a living,

But the child that's born on the Sabbath day,

Is fair and wise and good and gay.

It's going to be one long fucking year. Sundays are a bit gay apparently.