You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson Mega Thread: The Sequel

Dicko

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't they consulted over the new manager when Rafa took over as well? Didnt seem to bother anybody back then.

And also in 2004. Rafa was Carra's choice.

Damn your swift fingers, Galonso!

It was wrong then, just as it was now and just like it will be in the future.

I'd imagine they where.

Was Torres asked the same question?

I'd highly doubt Torres would have picked Hodgson but I dunno if he was. Still be wrong if he was.

We won't be going back to the manager 'cult' with Comolli there.

Hodgson was a whole bucket of weak-arse wrongness, but something in-between might work.

Don't see what's wrong with consultation. Shankly ruled Anfield strongly enough but still had men like Fagen Paisley Moran and Bennett to listen to.

When did 100% Power suddenly become the done thing?

I'd highly doubt Torres would have picked Hodgson but I dunno if he was. Still be wrong if he was.

The reason why I mention Torres is that, why would they take Carra's word over Torres, when Torres is clearly our biggest asset financially and as a player?

I think Torres wanted Rafa gone, he just didn't mention a replacement.

Also. If Carra turned around and said 'I still want Rafa' Does anyone honestly think that would have saved his job?

Rafa was going the moment Broughton walked in IMO

And also in 2004. Rafa was Carra's choice.

Damn your swift fingers, Galonso!

Old ground, players will pick whoever they feel will be best for them personally. I shouldn't imagine many would choose what is best for the club and not necessarily for themselves. Asking a player what manager they feel would be a good appointment is all a bit pythonesque if you ask me.

The reason why I mention Torres is that, why would they take Carra's word over Torres, when Torres is clearly our biggest asset financially and as a player?

I think Torres wanted Rafa gone, he just didn't mention a replacement.

Also. If Carra turned around and said 'I still want Rafa' Does anyone honestly think that would have saved his job?

Rafa was going the moment Broughton walked in IMO

For me, Torres has always been about being competitive and challenging for things. Gerrard seems to like being centre mid nearly as much.

Then again that's probably me being arlarse on Gerrard because he generally pisses me off.

No player should have anything to do with whether a manager goes or who is appointed. Players are paid a fuckin' good whack to play the game not for their expertise in judging things.

I don't really care whether any of them liked Rafa or not. In the same way I don't really care about whether any of them like Hodgson or not. Their role is to play. If we get back to that then we'd be looking forward into a good future.

Why isn't Torres not getting as much shit as Carra then?

I think the reasoning is pretty obvious in that Torres is less likely to have wanted Hodgson here. Whether or not either of them wanted the previous manager gone or whether or not either of them was actually asked regarding him.

For me, Torres has always been about being competitive and challenging for things. Gerrard seems to like being centre mid nearly as much.

Then again that's probably me being arlarse on Gerrard because he generally pisses me off.

No player should have anything to do with whether a manager goes or who is appointed. Players are paid a fuckin' good whack to play the game not for their expertise in judging things.

I don't really care whether any of them liked Rafa or not. In the same way I don't really care about whether any of them like Hodgson or not. Their role is to play. If we get back to that then we'd be looking forward into a good future.

They are fair points.

But why would Carragher's reasons for wanting Rafa out be any less valid than that of Torres'. If indeed either/or aired their views.

Old ground, players will pick whoever they feel will be best for them personally. I shouldn't imagine many would choose what is best for the club and not necessarily for themselves. Asking a player what manager they feel would be a good appointment is all a bit pythonesque if you ask me.

Valencia were so efficient and well drilled that I doubt anyone thought Rafa would give them an easy time.

We won't be going back to the manager 'cult' with Comolli there.

Hodgson was a whole bucket of weak-arse wrongness, but something in-between might work.

Don't see what's wrong with consultation. Shankly ruled Anfield strongly enough but still had men like Fagen Paisley Moran and Bennett to listen to.

When did 100% Power suddenly become the done thing?

100% power is not what would be good, or what would have been good before (downfall of Benitez), it just corrupts. But you name names there, how many were players?

I think the reasoning is pretty obvious in that Torres is less likely to have wanted Hodgson here. Whether or not either of them wanted the previous manager gone or whether or not either of them was actually asked regarding him.

How is Torres less likely to have wanted Hodgson here. Afterall Torres is still here, is he not?

I don't even know if Carra wanted Hodgson, I guess he wanted Rafa out, but there is no evidence to suggest he wanted Roy in. Only those who think there was a 'Keep it English' conspiracy.

Anybody remember that mass exodus that occured in the summer? If I was betting on it, I'd say that the vast majority of that squad wanted Rafa out.

As for wanting Roy in. Personally I think the local lads wanted Kenny. I don't know how far Torres' input went, but if it was anything like his performance this season, he either didn't care or just left it to somebody else.