You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Even more Twitter rumours - Fernando Llorente

Wor Horse

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
And whose place is he going to take?

He wouldnt improve Barca but would improve Real IMO

He'll be rotated with Villa, and used as a sub. Gives a completely different option. One they're lacking this year.

Which is why a move to Barcelona has been talked about a lot.

He'll be rotated with Villa, and used as a sub. Gives a completely different option. One they're lacking this year.

Great from a Barca perspective not so good from the players perspective though and I dont think the number one Spanish forward is going to accept being rotated as you put it.

They spoke about this on last weeks Revista.

I'd be very surprised if he went there because he won't sit on the bench. Definitely not. Plus, Barcelona are skint at the minute. Which shouldn't really enter the equation as 12/13 Million should be enough to get him.

Real Madrid will be the more sensible option I should think. But because he's Athletic through and through and with Real (apparently) meeting with Barcelona representatives on the Rooney situation I doubt he'll go there.

He's definitely up for grabs, though.

Outstanding form for the last few years imo, since moving into the center especially.

Just curious, why do you say he would come on the cheap? He is a Bayern lifer.

His contract ends at 2012 and he said that he wants a new challenge outside Germany, Bayern will either offer him a HUGE sum of money to convince him to stay, something that is against the club policy, they may also sell him on the cheap or risk losing him for free the following year.

I actually wouldn't mind Bent. The lad scores goals. For about 8 million he'd be a snip

8 million? :eek:

More like 18 million. Spurs bought him for 17 million a few years ago. They sold him to Sunderland for around 10 million(16.5 including add ons)- who inturn bought a foreign striker for 13 million in the summer. 8 million is a tad low mate. He is English and he scores goals and will cost loads.

His contract ends at 2012 and he said that he wants a new challenge outside Germany, Bayern will either offer him a HUGE sum of money to convince him to stay, something that is against the club policy, they may also sell him on the cheap or risk losing him for free the following year.

I guarantee he won't come to us. He'll go to Italy.

Pedro doesnt start every game. They rotate every game. So Iniesta is either wide left or in the centre of midfield.

Thats why I think they won't buy Llorente, it is the same reason they sold Ibrahimvic, he is suited to Barcelona's style of play and the team is too overcrowded with players that I think it is too difficult for him to play every match, something he maynot accept at club level.

Guest PurpleNose
They spoke about this on last weeks Revista.

I'd be very surprised if he went there because he won't sit on the bench. Definitely not. Plus, Barcelona are skint at the minute. Which shouldn't really enter the equation as 12/13 Million should be enough to get him.

Real Madrid will be the more sensible option I should think. But because he's Athletic through and through and with Real (apparently) meeting with Barcelona representatives on the Rooney situation I doubt he'll go there.

He's definitely up for grabs, though.

I saw the same thing on revista, and read some article from one of the Spanish papers last week (not AS or Marca).

Really can't see Llorente going to Real Madrid.

He's not a massive cunt.

Guest PurpleNose
Either was Xabi or Bob....

Bob isn't Basque so wasn't really relevant to my point.

I don't think Llorente will go to Real Madrid because he's Basque.

Possibly playing for Athletic Bilbao creates the hatred for Madrid based teams, especially Real Madrid, more than playing for Real Sociedad or Osasuna does.

Bob isn't Basque so wasn't really relevant to my point.

I don't think Llorente will go to Real Madrid because he's Basque.

Possibly playing for Athletic Bilbao creates the hatred for Madrid based teams, especially Real Madrid, more than playing for Real Sociedad or Osasuna does.

You said he wouldnt go because he's not a cunt. Thats why i replied well either were Xabi or Bob.

Oh and I agree with the last line.

Guest PurpleNose
You said he wouldnt go because he's not a cunt. Thats why i replied well either were Xabi or Bob.

Oh and I agree with the last line.

Ok. I thought it was fairly evident what I was referring to. If not, I apologise.

Some players give a fuck about loyalty, rivalries etc, others don't.