You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love the way sky and that are saying 'sky sports new understands that' based on emails and bitter and sad 'experts' that are really just arseholes.

Until Huang and CIC turn around and go 'we have no interest whatsoever in Liverpool Football Club and will not be taking over', I am gonna stick with The Times and Tony Barrett on this for a little longer and watch from a far for sanity reasons.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Haven't they lost a lot of money ???

Yeah, they have, but he is still personally fucking rich.

Wait a minute; Could Huang just be denying he has government involvement to deflect the human rights issue?

Or maybe they've had whispers at their meeting with the Premier League that a directly government owned team is frowned upon so they're changing their stance.

Selling the shares in Morgan Stanley to the total of 327m (The price of our debt; the takeover cost) and then giving the money to Huang to takeover the club as opposed to actually buying the club themselves. That's just an idea, because even though my last post was a bit pessimistic i'm still pretty sure CIC are involved.

Bizarre that from the FT about empty offices and such, then blatantly contradictory about an "official CIC spokesperson" suddenly morphing into "someone whose worked with CIC in the past" morphing into Professor Tom "Please cave my skull in with a rusty shovel, as I'm a complete waste of precious oxygen" Cannon's worthless opinions regurgitated incognito.

It wouldn't make any sort of sense for the Chinese fella's bid to be an empty stunt though, would it? Far from "raising his public profile", if it went this far and then turned out he didn't have a pot to piss in surely he'd turn into a laughing stock. And the owners and directors test is supposed to ensure new owners have the financial resources to carry on, so someone without proper backing would get facked off by the league...

For that matter, if there was nothing in it then why would the yank parasites be acting so desperately to scupper it. Bloody confusing.

Bizarre that from the FT about empty offices and such, then blatantly contradictory about an "official CIC spokesperson" suddenly morphing into "someone whose worked with CIC in the past" morphing into Professor Tom "Please cave my skull in with a rusty shovel, as I'm a complete waste of precious oxygen" Cannon's worthless opinions regurgitated incognito.

It wouldn't make any sort of sense for the Chinese fella's bid to be an empty stunt though, would it? Far from "raising his public profile", if it went this far and then turned out he didn't have a pot to piss in surely he'd turn into a laughing stock. And the owners and directors test is supposed to ensure new owners have the financial resources to carry on, so someone without proper backing would get facked off by the league...

For that matter, if there was nothing in it then why would the yank parasites be acting so desperately to scupper it. Bloody confusing.

They're merely playing investors off against one another to try and raise the price.

Wait a minute; Could Huang just be denying he has government involvement to deflect the human rights issue?

Or maybe they've had whispers at their meeting with the Premier League that a directly government owned team is frowned upon so they're changing their stance.

Selling the shares in Morgan Stanley to the total of 327m (The price of our debt; the takeover cost) and then giving the money to Huang to takeover the club as opposed to actually buying the club themselves. That's just an idea, because even though my last post was a bit pessimistic i'm still pretty sure CIC are involved.

Anything can happen lad, the world is your oyster.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yes, of course. Sky Sports News are an evil corporation with a secret agenda against Liverpool.

It's not much of a secret.

why are our take-overs/ search for investment always so long-winded? Last one we did took an age and was shite (with Moores and Parry going round the world and meeting Shinawatra and landing us with G&H)...this one turning out the same. Didn't Man City's or Chelsea's just happen over-night comparatively? Weeks and months of speculation as another new foreign investor is courted/linked and still we are no further...wake me up when it is over

Where did the information on the CIC share disposal come from?

If this is reliable information, then no matter what anyone else says, I am of the opinion that CIC are in to by us, whether they admit it or not. There is no earthly way that they would be cashing in shares to the exact value of our debt if they were not purchasing the club.