You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify as well regarding Red Nick's ongoing insistence about the club going into administration if RBS call in the loan.

I thought there was an example where a bank had taken over a club without putting it into administration but i couldn't remember who it was.

TTNBD over on Rawk jogged my memory about West Ham whose banks took over the club when that Mekon looking Icelandic dude owned it.

This led me to this article:

Icelandic banks complete takeover of West Ham | Football | guardian.co.uk

So there clear is evidence that banks can take over the running of a club without the need for administration, contrary to Nick's insistence.

If RBS does take over, every team in the league will be demanding a nine point penalty for us. That's not to say it will happen, as I haven't got a clue how any of that works, but I bet one almighty stink is kicked up over it if it comes to that.

If RBS does take over, every team in the league will be demanding a nine point penalty for us. That's not to say it will happen, as I haven't got a clue how any of that works, but I bet one almighty stink is kicked up over it if it comes to that.

Well you'd think so but yet no one did over West Ham. I can't see any difference between our situation and theirs.

I think (and it's only my opinion) that it comes down to the terms and conditions in the original loan as to what powers are lost by the people defaulting and what is gained by the lenders.

This seems to fit in with the ongoing debate we've had about whether the owners can block a sale, the legal challenge on refinancing and what powers the board do have now.

Edited by Albertini

Definitely. Although I doubt if United will start a fuss.

Just to clarify as well regarding Red Nick's ongoing insistence about the club going into administration if RBS call in the loan.

I thought there was an example where a bank had taken over a club without putting it into administration but i couldn't remember who it was.

TTNBD over on Rawk jogged my memory about West Ham whose banks took over the club when that Mekon looking Icelandic dude owned it.

This led me to this article:

Icelandic banks complete takeover of West Ham | Football | guardian.co.uk

So there clear is evidence that banks can take over the running of a club without the need for administration, contrary to Nick's insistence.

You dont get it and its so simple anything can be done with the consent of the shareholders and in the west ham instance that would work at RBS in exactly the same way if HIcks and Gillet agreed to it. If they dont it goes into administration and the administrator (in law) tries to get as much back or profit for the shareholders after he has taken his fees.

Nothing they can do if the owners allow the bank to swap debt for equity, the rules dont have any bearing on that at all.

wind a few people up however the idea that HIcks and Gillet would consent to such a move is highly unlikely IMO