You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Kenny Huang's consortium has been given 'Prefered bidder' status.

Don't ask me how I know.

How do you...

Oh.

I actively despise this Kirdi tit already.

Write to him and complain, you might get vouchers or 50% off the all you can eat cheese stuffed garlic bread.

Some more hope - Tony B

Kenny Huang has broken his silence on his attempt to buy Liverpool, whose present owners, George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks, are set to be ordered to foot a bill for penalty fees that could exceed £45 million.

Prospective bidders for the club were assured by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) that Hicks and Gillett will, in the event of a sale being completed, be told to pay any punitive charges arising from their latest refinancing deal, or risk being sued.

Huang, meanwhile, confirmed last week’s revelations in The Times that he is leading a consortium to buy the club. In an interview with Sohu Sports, a Chinese website, Huang claimed that his proposal has been well received by the Liverpool board and, although he has yet to submit a formal bid for the club, he remains hopeful of beating off rival bidders and completing a deal.

The already multilayered situation regarding the potential sale of the club has been made more complex by the disclosure of details pertaining to the refinancing deal secured by Hicks and Gillett in April, which expires in October. According to the terms of the agreement with RBS, the Americans are personally liable for penalty fees in the region of £2.5 million for every week that passes without the club being sold.

By the end of this month, that sum will stand at £45 million and the fees will continue to build until the club are sold. The bank imposed the fees on Kop Holdings, Liverpool’s parent company, in an attempt to hasten the exit of the Americans exit after a deal to sell part of the club to Rhône Capital, the private equity firm, collapsed this year.

RBS will take the fees out of the proceeds of the club’s sale, but if Liverpool are sold for less than £282.4 million — the club’s £237 million debt plus the potential penalty fee — the bank will pursue Hicks and Gillett, not Liverpool, for the extra money.

RBS moved to allay fears that the new owners would be saddled with the bill, although the likelihood is that Hicks and Gillett will factor the costs into their asking price.

“We have confirmed with Liverpool’s board that we are interested in bidding for the team,” Huang said of his proposal, which The Times understands is backed by China Investment Corporation, the investment arm of the Chinese Government. However, the Hong Kong-based businessman was not prepared to reveal who his backers are besides verifying the involvement of Yang Guang as fund manager for the consortium.

“We have signed a confidentiality clause with regards to the acquisition of Liverpool,” Huang said. “We are doing all aspects of the investigation and assessment, and [the] overall progress is very smooth. However, we have powerful competitors, so now there are many unknowns.

“There are rivals from North America and the Middle East. Each bidder wants to consider themselves at an advantage, so it is difficult to say we are far ahead. We will continue to work with the board and the banks of Liverpool, as well as other aspects.

We have provided a large number of documents and now we have got an answer. Liverpool’s board has approved our proposal and I hope we continue to move forward. We will have an answer in less than ten days.

“I am 50 per cent confident we will acquire the club. Our adversaries are stronger and we lack experience, so we need to do further research.”

Guest davelfc
Sorry cant start new thread for this

Someone on RAWK reckons Moores is to attend games at Anfield again.

Could be an indication that the yanks are on the way out

Greedy cunt not welcome in my opinion

Wondered if we would see the greedy cunt at some stage.

Guest TesticleOReilly
.........although the likelihood is that Hicks and Gillett will factor the costs into their asking price.

Or sell someone like Torres to fund their debt penalty, as a nice parting gift to everyone.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Will they fuck. Quit even mentioning things like this you fucking WUM.

Yes, of course I'm a WUM. Wassup, chuckles, hasn't it occured to you that they're leeches, and that the club hasn't been sold yet? Next you'll be saying they wouldn't dream of not using their own money to buy the club and instead dump all the debt onto it. Oh, fuck, hang on a mo ... ...

One other aspect of the Huang interview that caught my eye was how he stressed that the weakenss of his group's bid is its lack of knowledge of the Premiere League. I think this is what the oppositon have been hammering. And that is why his PR people began to say last week that (a) he would meet with SOS and all supporter groups and (be) he would appoint old boys to board - like Kenny and Hansen.

He had touched other political bases by saying that they were happy enough with how the club was being managed and did not envisage a clear out. This might guarantee them the Ayre and Purslow vote. But I think those two will want it in writing from the current board that they have an extension of their contracts and a golden handshake if they subsequently get the boot from Huang's people or if they decide to jump first.

I think Huang is doing well. I won't hold him to his word. I certainly hope he does not appoint Hansen to to board. And I trust that SOS and all the other truly ITK observers who know all the dirty work Purslow has been doing will be instrumental in persuading Purslow to go or persuading the new board to throw him out.

After that, a world-class manager can be appointed in time for next season (1911-1912) Huang has already said he wanted Rafa to stay. That may also have been a political statement at that time - April. Even so, it becomes a possibility. Not that I think Rafa will take it unless Purslow has gone, the club is stable and there is a genuine commitment to the things he thinks important such as a strong Academy and a transfer fund.

Reading Huang's vision of the development of the club into the future it strikes me that Hodgson is simply not up to it. It needs a manager of Rafa's vision and commitment. If not Rafa there are a few others who would fit the bill.

Yes, of course I'm a WUM. Wassup, chuckles, hasn't it occured to you that they're leeches, and that the club hasn't been sold yet? Next you'll be saying they wouldn't dream of not using their own money to buy the club and instead dump all the debt onto it. Oh, fuck, hang on a mo ... ...

The point is you just made that fucking shit up. We have had enough shit over the last ten days without you adding more. There is nothig those two cunts wouldn't do to make a few bucks but they would not get a torres sale through with the club about to change hands. To suggest they would is naiive and wumworthy.

Guest TesticleOReilly
The point is you just made that fucking shit up. We have had enough shit over the last ten days without you adding more. There is nothig those two cunts wouldn't do to make a few bucks but they would not get a torres sale through with the club about to change hands. To suggest they would is naiive and wumworthy.

Have you been on drugs the past few years and missed the Hicks and Gillette reign? The same people that leveraged the club to pay for their takeover. The same people that paid a bit over a hundred million for the club, yet instantly put £200M-odd into loads? Where did the £60M or so extra go to? The same people that were building a stadium in their first year of ownership? The same people that took transfer income and put it into their own pockets? The same people that have embezzled funds from the club? The same people that remortgaged at a much higher rate 'cause they had no intention of paying the debt, instead planning to offload it all onto a new buyer? These people still own the club, and they have debts to pay. You know their history, yet you think they wouldn't sell Torres, or Gerrard?

Are you a fucking idiot? I'm naive? Be quiet, you fucking ostrich.

If any takeover takes place can you imagine the scene the first home game afterwards, Moores striding back through the gates like the returning king Odysseus, arms stretched out accepting the adulation of the followers, you know just imagining this to annoy myself, the stupid fucking moustachioed cunt.