You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

We just cannot compete anymore im afraid. Im fully behind Roy but I do fear for us.

Citeh are paying Silva £80,000 a week AFTER TAX.

Its impossible to keep up with that.

Yeah but don't forget that Tom O'Hicks and Uncle George Gillette said that Citeh wont be able to keep that sort of spending up, so there is nothing to worry about!

I have faith:whoops:

Yes, mate. It would appear he was right, which is strange really considering he has absolutely no contacts whatsoever and know's nothing about what's going on.

I mean Liverpool Football Club. Yes, we are in turmoil and yes, we are further away from the title than we've probably been since Souness, but we are still Liverpool Football Club.

BTW that should have been 5th.

Yeah we are LFC but we aren't going to be competing for nothng next year so he is able to coach at the level we are now at.

Heh heh, well we'll see but I can't say I'm overwhelmed either.

"Back when we were smarter", we went under the radar. We brought in Keegan and Heighway and Rush for example when United were buying McDougall, Davies, Jordan and every other flavour of the month. For United, read City now, and their wealth isn't worrying me overmuch as they are acting like chav lottery winners thus far.

We've only just spent 25m on Johnson and Dossena (yeah yeah, Pompey blah blah) and frankly they're not a patch on others in their positions we've bought for much smaller amounts. That kind of blinkered economy ends up biting you on the arse even without two crooks siphoning money away.

Yeah, we had the likes of Clemence feom Scunthorpe and Whelan somewhere from Ireland, I think, but we also had the money to get smart expensive buys like Souness or Kennedy, and knew what to do with them.

In general I agree. Anyway, if I had the choice, I'd throw money (borrow even more, if needed) at Loew, sign him for a multi-year contract, and give him the keys to the club. Dalglish as the head of football, Loew in charge of everything else. His job would simply be to create a legacy, a new LFC, along the lines you've described.

Do you know what really strikes me about this appointment. People are always saying that an English manager never gets the chance to manager a big 4 club, Roy is English and he manages us, and no one has said well it's about time an English manager got the chance of managing a big 4 club!

Does this mean we aren't a big 4 club anymore?

Do you know what really strikes me about this appointment. People are always saying that an English manager never gets the chance to manager a big 4 club, Roy is English and he manages us, and no one has said well it's about time an English manager got the chance of managing a big 4 club!

Does this mean we aren't a big 4 club anymore?

Mmmm....

I'm gonna be really interested to see how Roy will replace Gerrard, who from what I've heard is pretty much nailed on to leave.

From the same shit internet sources you seem keen to copy onto here, no doubt.

Yes, mate. It would appear he was right, which is strange really considering he has absolutely no contacts whatsoever and know's nothing about what's going on.

He told us we were getting Mourinho too. He's probably the only manager Cecil hasn't called.

Most journalists hinted at the time that they knew Hodgson had been sounded out, so that's hardly worthy of a Pulitzer prize. Bascombe's tactic these days is to adopt a scattershot process of rumours, knowing that by the law of averages at least a few of them will appear right at some point. How many 'exclusive' announcements of Benitez's sacking did he publish? Several over a three year period. You may as well read Nostradamus.

Guest PurpleNose
Ballague (remember him?) was just on SSN saying he'd spoken to the Spanish players last night and the mood was: 'It doesn't matter who is manager - the important thing when they return will be how ambitious the club now is'.

I'd say making the interest payments is fairly ambitious.

Anyone know what our target is for next season?

40 points?

I also think that Torres will want out as he is also not having a great time so I don't think he will be wanting to battle for a Europa league spot, although with the form he has shown don't think there will be too many takers.

Did u hear the story published in South Africa and Spain? A young mascot was drawn out of the hat to be presented with Spain when they played a group game. Got talking to Torres and asked where he would be next season. The reply was, "Liverpool, it is where my heart is".

The man is a legend. We will get one more season when he will quit if we are not in CL.