You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It is time for an all out boycott

Anny Road

Guest TK-421

God damn right, agree with Anny Road 100%.

I have been a non-subsriber with Sky for 2 1/2 seasons now. It's all online for free and the quality is ever improving.

Guest TK-421
Yep agreed (perhaps you could point me whereabouts it is online for free though...) I binned sky and stopped going to the games.

Just type myp2p into Google and away you go. The best software is Veetle and Sopcast.

Guys I have been lurking for a while, I dont post messages as I dont like to get drawn into time consuming exchanges.

Anyway, it occurred to me that with next seasons fixtures due to be released next week, a concerted effort should be made NOW by SOS and all other interested parties to organise a matchday boycott.

If something is agreed now, for example the first home game of the season, there is plenty of time to spread the word. People from out of town, Ireland, Scandanavia havent made any travel plans so no-one is gonna be inconvenienced or out of pocket. If SOS in co-ordination with supporters clubs throughout UK, Ireland and beyond educated fans now I really think a proper boycott could be achieved.

I know people continually point to reasons why this wont work but has anyone really tried. I dont expect to see Liverpool playing in front of a completely empty Anfield but if the stadium was even half empty for one game it would create massive publicity as well as very tangibly hitting Tom & George where it hurts them the most. It would send a very powerful message to RBS that the fans are serious about doing what it takes to save their club.

The biggest stumbling block to this happening is apathy and a lack of co-ordination. I really wish SOS or someone else with influence would try to make this happen.

Guest Pistonbroke
Guys I have been lurking for a while, I dont post messages as I dont like to get drawn into time consuming exchanges.

Anyway, it occurred to me that with next seasons fixtures due to be released next week, a concerted effort should be made NOW by SOS and all other interested parties to organise a matchday boycott.

If something is agreed now, for example the first home game of the season, there is plenty of time to spread the word. People from out of town, Ireland, Scandanavia havent made any travel plans so no-one is gonna be inconvenienced or out of pocket. If SOS in co-ordination with supporters clubs throughout UK, Ireland and beyond educated fans now I really think a proper boycott could be achieved.

I know people continually point to reasons why this wont work but has anyone really tried. I dont expect to see Liverpool playing in front of a completely empty Anfield but if the stadium was even half empty for one game it would create massive publicity as well as very tangibly hitting Tom & George where it hurts them the most. It would send a very powerful message to RBS that the fans are serious about doing what it takes to save their club.

The biggest stumbling block to this happening is apathy and a lack of co-ordination. I really wish SOS or someone else with influence would try to make this happen.

I think many of us agree that an half empty stadium would be the way to go. Plus as you point out now is the time to get onto this. It would work a lot better in our first big home fixture of the season though. If we were to play a smaller club the chances are it wouldn't be live on Sky or many of the foreign lands who use live feeds to show premier games. The audience has to be big both at home and abroad for major affect. But will fans be prepared to sacrifice watching Arsenal/Mancs etc at home to get this point across ???

I am going to half enjoy this world cup and then that is me done.

We should fuck it off. Not just the match but Sky the shirts the whole thing.

Ground Zero. Boom.

We start again from a level playing field in 5 years or so when everyone is bust.

Let's all meet up in the year 2000.

Boycotting Sky will have no impact in the short term because the TV deal is already in place for next season. If the club has not been sold by renewal time then fair play. I do agree that people should be boycotting all club merchandise. Boycotting the match is a personal choice though as not everyone will feel able to let their season ticket go when they will never get it back. It's easy for someone like me (well actually it's damn hard, but relatively easy) because I never went to more than fifteen games a season, but if you've had a seasie in the family for years and have got kids to pass it on to then that's a big leap.

Agree 100% with it all the only thing that bothers me about doing it, is its like the yank twats have forced me to stop supporting my own club i will still be here long after they are gone(hopefully)and i know i can watch at home on the internet but it would feel like they were keeping me from going Anfield to watch my own team,a team that they only want to make money out of they dont really care about anything else,but like you said something has to be done soon, it will hurt alot of fans to do it but the above suggestion is probably the best way to make our point :angry:

The best way to do it would be for season ticket holders not to turn up to games, and not to give their tickets to anyone else. A largely empty ground would be more powerful than any flag burning stunt. It's asking a lot for people to stump up hundreds of quid to do this, but perhaps there could be a way of non-match going reds to subsidise it?

For example, Joe Bloggs has a season ticket. He decides to boycott the games. We get 18 OOTs to each buy a 'ticket' from him. Spread the cost of the boycott.

Yes, the owners still get the revenue, but the main thing is the ST holder manages to keep hold of the ST.

Imagine the publicity every time a match is played at Anfield?

EMPTY STAIDUM it's too hard to see, that's the same idea that here in madrid we tell to all fans for a way to protest aganisnt the gangsters that stoled atletico, but tell to 60 thousand of fans letting vicente calderon empty..SO COMPLICATED, but i always tell the same to atletico's empty stadium NO MONEY, NO BENEFITS for the owners, here, fans will never leave alone atletico, and when we prepare a PROTEST aganisnt owners only 10 thousand atletico's go (very dissapoint because the way to fight it's going 60 thousand) and when we made that protest THE POLICE KICK OUR ASS by the owners ORDER...

and also that here some, not all, some fans deffends owners because owners gangsters BUY THEM giving them tickets for free to not talk bad things about them, also owners give money to radios, most important broadcaster radios, tv football shows, football reporters..

very sad, maybe empty anfield could be such a brilliant idea against yankees

Everyone agees that this would be an excellent way of making our voice heard but to date no-one has really taken on the job of mobilising the support. It would be too difficult to canvass opinion on which game to boycott. If SOS were to decide as a group upon the game to boycott and pass the word to all of the supporters groups this could really work. To spread the message they would need to go beyond internet forums as the vast majority of our support get their information about our club from Sky or the tabloids. If all of the supporters clubs could be persuaded not to apply for tickets for a given match you would already have gone some way towards a boycott. This coupled with the idea of appealing to season ticket holders and a sustained campaign in the city in the weeks leading up to the game would have a massive impact.

I think everyone has the same idea, we just need someone to put it into action.