You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benayoun going to Chelsea (with quotes)

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Liam, how many times has Yossi been linked with a move away, here there and everywhere. He had a great end to last season and is a decent player, especially when on form but it would be no great loss.

As for Masch I always thought he would be off, last season it was Barca turning his head and it took quite a while for him to get it straight again.

So they can both go and I like Masch as a player but if he not happy then bye bye.

Considering yossi has only recently signed a new contract i'd demand at least £9 or they can fuck off. £6m isn't going to get you a replacement on the same level as yossi. I want him to stay as he is one of the few creatives players we have There's a reason why chelsea want him and that's because he's good.

I agree Liam, how many times has Yossi been linked with a move away, here there and everywhere. He had a great end to last season and is a decent player, especially when on form but it would be no great loss.

As for Masch I always thought he would be off, last season it was Barca turning his head and it took quite a while for him to get it straight again.

So they can both go and I like Masch as a player but if he not happy then bye bye.

Who do we get to replace him though & do you trust Rafa to spend any money recouped through selling Benayoun wisely?

I rate Yossi Benayoun very highly and think he is an excellent squad player. I don't think we have another player of his ilk in our squad.

Chelsea eye another double as Blues ready bid for Liverpool duo Yossi Benayoun and Javier Mascherano | Mail Online

Mascherano stuff is just shit, but there are quotes on the end from Benayoun

Why would they sign Benayoun? I would have thought they'd be setting their sights a bit higher, especially considering they already have two better players in Malouda and Cole.

Benitez, the massive prick that he is, has already told Yossi he can find another club. if he's leaving it isn't because he wants to.

meanwhile, even deeper in to the land of CUCKOO, talks with Lucas over a new contract are in the pipeline as he approaches 2 years left on his current one.

Why would they sign Benayoun? I would have thought they'd be setting their sights a bit higher, especially considering they already have two better players in Malouda and Cole.

My thoughts exactly. It just doesn't make sense for Chelsea to sign Benni.

I think it's cos Ancelloti, unlike some, know how to build a squad.

Right. I'm off again.

bye!

I think it's cos Ancelloti, unlike some, know how to build a squad.

Right. I'm off again.

bye!

Well, I'm not saying he isn't a decent squad player, just that his signing would be a bit superfluous.

That said, I don't think it's very likely unless Cole leaves. And even then I'd have my doubts.

Who do we get to replace him though & do you trust Rafa to spend any money recouped through selling Benayoun wisely?

I rate Yossi Benayoun very highly and think he is an excellent squad player. I don't think we have another player of his ilk in our squad.

Joe Cole I know his injury record is not good but when fit he is a quality player. Not my favorite player by a long shot but he is quality, being too greedy with his wage demands and will probably end up at Spurs but he would do.

I agree he is one of the few creative players we have but he has been constantly linked with moves, maybe Tom is right and he has been told he is surplus.

It is going to be one shit summer.

Joe Cole I know his injury record is not good but when fit he is a quality player. Not my favorite player by a long shot but he is quality, being too greedy with his wage demands and will probably end up at Spurs but he would do.

I agree he is one of the few creative players we have but he has been constantly linked with moves, maybe Tom is right and he has been told he is surplus.

It is going to be one shit summer.

Joe Cole would be a good signing, but I imagine he will probably end up at Spurs too and it won't be because of wage demands.

The worry is letting good players leave and not replacing them with players of a similar standard or preferably better.

We still haven't adequately replaced Hyypia, Arbeloa (who could play in both full back positions), Alonso or Keane.

Why? Bar the end of last season he's a poor player with no end product.

Get a swap deal going on for Joe Cole and i'll be over the moon.

To be fair to Beni that was the first time he'd had a decent run in the side since he signed for us, he was excellent at the start of this season too before he got injured. I'll be gutted to see him go, personally.

Joe Cole would be a good signing, but I imagine he will probably end up at Spurs too and it won't be because of wage demands.

The worry is letting good players leave and not replacing them with players of a similar standard or preferably better.

We still haven't adequately replaced Hyypia, Arbeloa (who could play in both full back positions), Alonso or Keane.

or crouch, or Riise, or garcia. Or hamman, or Sissoko.

Etc.

Spot on.

His replacement is Maxi Rodriguez, so Yes. Alas selling squad players for 6+m and replacing them with freebies is a reflection of the mess we are in and not the manager.