You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Thought that last episode was predictable - slightly disappointing and contrived for this (overall) excellent show

What was contrived about it?

People crack me up. Always trying to find some non-existent fault with stuff. Whether it's a movie or TV show, or something else that's generally loved. Just the way it goes, I suppose.

Thought that last episode was predictable - slightly disappointing and contrived for this (overall) excellent show

Interesting.

At times it didn't reach the 'shite going down' aspects of the previous episodes but what it did, and the more I think of it the more I fuckin' love it, is it added so much shite to the people involved and their thinking.

It also set up the final three brilliantly.

In addition to all that I just had a look at what the 10th episode was of season three and it was the Fly episode. Without being as slightly random as that one I think some comparisons can be drawn into how the episode was setup.

Excellent again I thought.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Wonder if Walter can work out his differences with Jesse, as he knows he's in the wrong. Flip side being Jesse is big in with Gus and Mike now. Interesting dynamic and I am sure it will all unfold brilliantly.

Other interesting aspect is Skylar revealing to her old boss, that she gave him that money. Such much for low key.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Wonder if Walter can work out his differences with Jesse, as he knows he's in the wrong. Flip side being Jesse is big in with Gus and Mike now. Interesting dynamic and I am sure it will all unfold brilliantly.

Other interesting aspect is Skylar revealing to her old boss, that she gave him that money. Such much for low key.

I think Skylar is going to get her ex boss bumped off and Jessie is going to be boss or underboss of the organisation.

As I said last week,I think Walt's cancer has returned but he's keeping it from everybody.

The biggest question on the Walt/Jesse relationship is whether Jesse now wants to mend that side of it. My belief is that the death of Jane will eventually be brought into the equation and widen the rift between Walt and Jesse and result in them going at it proper style and Gus not really giving one what happens.

Above contains a theory of what I think might happen. Don't read if you don't wanna think about it.

What was contrived about it?

People crack me up. Always trying to find some non-existent fault with stuff. Whether it's a movie or TV show, or something else that's generally loved. Just the way it goes, I suppose.

I just thought you could see it a mile off what was going to happen at the end of the episode.

Instead of a slow burn, calculated revenge against the cartel, the writer went for the quick fix.

I've watched this show from the start - I have always thought this was a show (as the title suggests) who went from being a victim to a successful methamphetamine creator, and how that had a bearing on his life and relationships

Not necessarily a story regarding the cartel at the Texan border in the USA

I actually think this series has been up and down - with some really excellent stuff and some, well less good stuff.

Not a patch on series 2 though

HOLY MOTHER PUSSY SHIT

- Did anybody see the last episode? I'm fucking speechless. DISCUSS

I certianly did!

That episode is up there with any TV I have ever seen, fucking brilliant.

Walter is deep in the shite now, informed the police that Hanks in danger which means Gus will be after his family and now doesn't have the funds to make a getaway due to Skylar giving away most of his stash.

I think he'll have to turn informant to be honest, cannot see any other way out for him. Season 5 has been confirmed so there are plenty of events to unfold in this fucking awesome show.

I've just watched from Episode 1, Season 1 all the way to Episode 11 of season 4 in less than 2 weeks. WHAT A FUCKING SHOW! I have watched a LOT of t.v series and this is right up there with the best of them. That last episode was just out of this world ridiculously good.

Very, very good.

Not quite the grandstanding finish I was hoping for, but certainly the smartest move with, effectively, two more seasons to go.

With Walt's cancer unresolved, a functional Hank and Mike to return, the question of who controls the drug trade and whether they'll want Jesse/Walt as their cook, Walt's skyrocketing ego and amoral behaviour and the eventual showdown between Jesse and Walt. The next season should be amazing.

I remember watching the last episode and when Jesse said "risen poisoning" I thought he'd overplayed his hand and Gus would have figured out what was going on there and then. Now I know why he didn't. Those last 4 episodes are definitely worth re-watching.

And a hand for Giancarlo Esposito, well done, sir.