You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Fernando Torres will still be here next season, but unless there is significant change both on and off the pitch prior to the start of next season, then I can't see Torres remaining here long-term.

There needs to be evidence that we are moving in ther right direction and quick, and for that to happen we need a change of ownership, significant investment and a new manager all this summer.

For arguments sake the minimum acceptable is 100m ( but i personally would not sell for even that) but if we did i would buy

Pato(40m).........................Silva (20m)

..............Augero (40m)...................

He's so good it would take 3 players of that kind of quality to replace him.

Fernando Torres is happy at Liverpool, insists Rafael Benítez - Telegraph

From the Telegraph - also says we were discussing Van der Vaart with Madrid.

"Benítez may not wish to comment on employees of other clubs, but it is understood that Liverpool took advantage of their trip to Madrid for Thursday's Europa League semi-final first leg to meet representatives of Real Madrid, who alerted the Premier League club to the forthcoming availability of a number of players, including the Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart."

Fernando Torres is happy at Liverpool, insists Rafael Benítez - Telegraph

From the Telegraph - also says we were discussing Van der Vaart with Madrid.

"Benítez may not wish to comment on employees of other clubs, but it is understood that Liverpool took advantage of their trip to Madrid for Thursday's Europa League semi-final first leg to meet representatives of Real Madrid, who alerted the Premier League club to the forthcoming availability of a number of players, including the Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart."

Van Der Vaart is a very good player, but he is also a bit injury prone.

Chelsea have conceded defeat in the race to sign Fernando Torres

I'd like to find the oik who wrote that headline and rub his face against a brick wall until he admitted what a sensationalist, low-down fuckwit he is. It's getting fucking ridiculous. Year after year the bullshit, lies and sensationalism generated by the media and wankers like Brazil is getting worse and worse. Surely it's only a matter of time before a club, player or manager brings one of these cunts to task through the courts. As for Torres publicly denouncing this bullshit, he already said in March that he's not going anywhere but I think he should say something again.

Football makes me fucking spew these days.

Guest Super Sub

I think the way that Barca's forwards i.e. Ibrahimovic has been playing I think that not only will they swoop for Mascherano they will also go for Torres.

I think Fernando Torres will still be here next season, but unless there is significant change both on and off the pitch prior to the start of next season, then I can't see Torres remaining here long-term.

There needs to be evidence that we are moving in ther right direction and quick, and for that to happen we need a change of ownership, significant investment and a new manager all this summer.

Agree with that Steve.

Like you say i would imagine Torres will give us one more season to prove we are on the right track otherwise off to pastures new.

Agree with that Steve.

Like you say i would imagine Torres will give us one more season to prove we are on the right track otherwise off to pastures new.

That is why I am think this summer is crucial. We can't afford to have another season where we regress or stand still, we need to make significant changes & the wheels need to be set in motion now.

i wouldnt blame either Gerrard or Torres for wanting to leave.

Gerrard I grant you, and there is some justification re Torres, but his stay here has not been THAT bad, has it?

CL semi final, CL Quarter final and a genuine title challenge.

He gets paid 100k a week, has been injured on and off and WE owe him?

I have no doubt there willl be offers and he has every right to consider them and if he left I would not hold it against him, just like I would not with anybody. But let us get away from this idea that he is somehow seeing his career going down the pan here.

i wouldnt blame either Gerrard or Torres for wanting to leave.

Me neither. Both players are clearly frustrated & disillusioned at the current situation, just as we are as supporters.

I think it is vitally important that there is a huge cull at the end of the season, and the right people are brought in to allow the club to move forward otherwise we could disappear into the wilderness.

Didnt we get linked with him last year?

I think his name was linked when Real Madrid were looking to offer players as makeweight in the Alonso deal.

I rate Van Der Vaart and think he would be a good addition, providing the price was sensible for a player has been susceptible to injuries in the past.

Gerrard I grant you, and there is some justification re Torres, but his stay here has not been THAT bad, has it?

CL semi final, CL Quarter final and a genuine title challenge.

He gets paid 100k a week, has been injured on and off and WE owe him?

I have no doubt there willl be offers and he has every right to consider them and if he left I would not hold it against him, just like I would not with anybody. But let us get away from this idea that he is somehow seeing his career going down the pan here.

I can see where your coming from but Torres left Atletico Madrid to challenge and win things whereas at Liverpool there needs to be huge changes for that to happen.

Torres knows if he wanted to leave Liverpool he would be able to sign for a team who 'are' challenging for all the major honours at both domestically and european competitions.

The ideal situation for Torres at the moment would be for the owners to sell up and for new investment to come in on the pitch and allow us to get straight back into the top four and hopefully win a trophy along the way.

As daft as it is even in a shite season like this has been there still is the possibility of a trophy with the Europa League.

I predicted early on last season that i could see alonso and ronaldo playing together in a white strip and ther was alot of yous laughed and said no chance. i predicted early on this season it would torres last and he would be wearing blue next season, and i am even more convinced now. I would further fear gerrard to be wearing the white with alonso and ronaldo and rafa to be in charge of black and white strips. a major rebuilding process for the new manager and a long time to be even be a top four team again, a very long time.

Where could Torres go that would be a real step up?

Real Madrid - No chance given his love for Atletico

Barca - Yes

Inter - Yes

Milan - Possibly

Juventus - No better than us at the moment unless they spend big money

Chelsea, Arsenal, City or United - Can't see him ever playing for another English club. He's a loyal player and has always seemed very honest and down to earth so I think we can rule these out along with Madrid.

The only team he could possibly leave and be almost guaranteed to win something would be Barca. You never know with the Italian clubs.

I think we'll get at least one more season from him, but he'd be crazy not to be thinking about his options for 2011 onwards.