You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roma want AA back

ADP10

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it wasn't aimed at you. It was a general comment that was meant mainly as a piss take. Hence the finger pointing poses on Benitez and Alonso.

I see that now, it was insinuated by Nueve and Andy that the reason people do not like AA or are convinced he's no good is because of there disliking of Rafa and him being Alonsos supposed replacement, I was the one talking about my reservations towards him. The you post the Alonso Rafa thing, so I hope you can see how I've made that assumption, let's just leave it at that anyway, it was a great performance tonight that was long overdue, let's just enjoy it.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Hang on, you were slagging people off the other day for saying stuff like this!

You said something like:

Have a word eh?

As for Aquilani, i'm fucking made up for him. As I said on the match thread, he was boss tonight and i've always said he has ability, he's just needed the games to show it.

It was a deliberate reference

Gold star for picking up on it

He was very good tonight but Porsmouth were awful.

No point in lavishing praise on him tonight and then lambasting him if he struggles against United at the weekend.

Can't see him starting against Utd. Lucas and Masch in the middle.

I see that now, it was insinuated by Nueve and Andy that the reason people do not like AA or are convinced he's no good is because of there disliking of Rafa and him being Alonsos supposed replacement, I was the one talking about my reservations towards him. The you post the Alonso Rafa thing, so I hope you can see how I've made that assumption, let's just leave it at that anyway, it was a great performance tonight that was long overdue, let's just enjoy it.

Right, but I don't think either of them had insinuated that was what you had done.

Good on the lad, finally a chance to have a go and he takes his chance. All this I told you so crap is just needless point scoring, well done to all involved. I hope that Aquilani can be every bit the player Alonso was, although they're different types of player there's no reason why Aquilani can't influence going forward to the degree that Xabi did. Made up for him, he needs to play every game until the end of the season now, get him bedded in properly.

I think he could be a player but to be honest I have not seen anywhere near enough to judge yet.

He moves the ball forward quickly and his passing is, on the most part is good, he does seem to usually pass to team mates, that works for me.

Pass and move it works, simple game for simple folk.

I am still out but I think he has something.

Tried to like, couldn't get a word in.

He's a definite improvement on Lucas though, any mong can see that just by watching the game, he moves it quicker and creates more.

Also asks for the ball off the centre backs more so takes pressure off Carra. (Incidently, I don't remember seeing Carra hoof it away tonight as there was always an outlet or a pass open from Aquilani dropping deep)

Obviously needs to do it a few more times though to get a better opinion, he deserves a start against Lille and United though IMO.....

He might turn out decent after all. Up until now he's hardly been able to complete the simplest of passes.

One thing is for certain, he won't get that much space and time on the ball often. Pompey were dire with their pressure play. Even Gerrard roamed as he wished.